What's new

Gulf Air diverted to India

Hyde

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
What the hell

I had a flight from Bahrain to Lahore yesterday at 7pm. Later the weather was so severe that lightning and thunderstorm damaged te aircraft. The weather did not permit us to land at lahore so the flight was diverted to Delhi

We arrived here 12 hours ago and they did not allow us to come out of the aircraft for 12 hours, did not even offer a drink when I am feeling so thirsty and have been so ungrateful so far. FINALLY They allowed us to come out of the plane and are now in terminal building. No idea if anyone cares in Pakistan. The entire familiew suffering since yesterday and I received unlimited calls from unknown numbers to find out the state of beloved ones after my bro gave the number to one person. THIS is really unexpected and inappropriate. People are literally having issues breathig like this in closed aircraft and now since two minutes in this building

What the hell

I had a flight from Bahrain to Lahore yesterday at 7pm. Later the weather was so severe that lightning and thunderstorm damaged te aircraft. The weather did not permit us to land at lahore so the flight was diverted to Delhi

We arrived here 12 hours ago and they did not allow us to come out of the aircraft for 12 hours, did not even offer a drink when I am feeling so thirsty and have been so ungrateful so far. FINALLY They allowed us to come out of the plane and are now in terminal building. No idea if anyone cares in Pakistan. The entire familiew suffering since yesterday and I received unlimited calls from unknown numbers to find out the state of beloved ones after my bro gave the number to one person. THIS is really unexpected and inappropriate. People are literally having issues breathig like this in closed aircraft and now since two minutes in this building
Apparently a huge unusual storm engulfed most of the sub continent yesterday from kerala to Kashmir. That might have been the reason. And regarding your other misery your airline is answerable.

What the hell

Enjoy India, inshallah. When you go back to Lahore you can have Indira Gandhi as a reference of how an airport is supposed to look like.

Last edited:
The Pakistani govt isn't responsible for this and it doesn't have any say either.

The airline is registered in Bahrain, it's solely the company's responsibility to cater to the passengers and alleviate their sufferings.

Sorry you had to go through all this, weather diversions can be awfully bad.

Isl and Pwr would have been the preferred alternates I guess, but the weather in both those places was also severe.

Not a good situation to be in, hope the airport authorities liaise with the airline and provide help and basic amenities to the the passengers.

Its the airline who should take care of this. Some Indian budget airlines is worse than this.!

What the hell

--
Sorry to here it ..
take up this matter with top brass of airline and write to pak authority and indian as CC
i dont know whos fault it is.. but defenitly not passanger in plane so why they suffer ..
make sure you raise issue if not close so that next time next passnagr will not fall same way ...
write to IATA to see if they can help...
welcome to india .. atleast the TERMINAL...
regrets for said event ..

What the hell

You are welcome despite the lack of gratitude.

This is sad. Hope you and your family will make it to your country asap.

12 hours in the aircraft was a bit long...but it was an unscheduled stop. .

1. Delhi terminal is a super busy airport..so getting a unscheduled docking in between a normal schedule will take time.

2. The passengers are kept in the plane...so that any clearance of weather in a short while can enable the aircraft to take off without delays.

3. Clearance of passengers take time before they are allowed to disembark.

4. The airline needs to do the necessary arrangements.

While nothing can be done for the delay, since it was purely based on technical grounds, but the airline should definitely liaise with the Airport staff and offer passengers snacks, water and any medical help if needed. Doesn't Gulf Air fly to Delhi? They must be having some ground staff there. It's just that you were unlucky and the plane ended up in Delhi.
It was A330, they should've had enough fuel to land in Karachi where weather was fine....i wonder what prompted them to go to the hostile territory and make life miserable for their Pakistani passengers.

What the hell

Terminal 3?

While nothing can be done for the delay, since it was purely based on technical grounds, but the airline should definitely liaise with the Airport staff and offer passengers snacks, water and any medical help if needed. Doesn't Gulf Air fly to Delhi? They must be having some ground staff there. It's just that you were unlucky and the plane ended up in Delhi.
It was A330, they should've had enough fuel to land in Karachi where weather was fine....i wonder what prompted them to go to the hostile territory and make life miserable for their Pakistani passengers.
We aren't hostile for the gulf airlines.:D

Back
Top Bottom