What's new

Group Captain Sachin Tendulkar!

Good strategy to attract youth. Recently Kapil Dev also was given an honorary rank in the Army..

:D:D what holds back the youth from joining ?

Sometimes back there was shortage of 11k in army as it was reported

Con.. it takes a toll on the moral levels of the army who see a civilian, just a famous guy, being conferred something he does not really deserve.

I dont agree with you here.

Firstly,i think Air force guys would be happy to see Sachin in the IAF.

Secondly,Sachin wont have as much as a chance to get promoted as other guys.

Lastly,you can get him to do advertisements for IAF and he might attract some youngsters also.

I dont agree with you here.

Firstly,i think Air force guys would be happy to see Sachin in the IAF.

Secondly,Sachin wont have as much as a chance to get promoted as other guys.

Lastly,you can get him to do advertisements for IAF and he might attract some youngsters also.

We may disagree. :)

As I said there will be guys who may be happy and there may be guys who won't be.

Second point does not matter really. Infact, why not honorary prmotions!!!

Last, I am sure, Sachin would have gladly advertised for Indian Military if asked even if he were not offered the rank.

Regards,
Anoop.

Every Indian National can "question" the Indian government. Not just at election times. Thats a fundamental right the Indian constitution has given each of it's citizen. You can check it out with your lawyer.

Ok so you want the whole functioning of Govt. to stop just because a few minority of people disapprove of it. And that the process be decided by Courts in many years ??? So that the Courts be filled with much less important cases then the implementation of Law and order. NO GOVT can do that. Democracy doesn't mean not letting the the things to happen unless everyone is convinced. Your points were discussed by the persons who allowed the Honorary title to be conferred and after that a decision was taken that is not subjected to further discussion.

:D:D what holds back the youth from joining ?

Sometimes back there was shortage of 11k in army as it was reported

You see...with our economy growing at the rate it is...there are better career prospects.

People get paid in six figures nowadays..its not a big deal...so youngsters get attracted to such careers and everyone knows how tough the life is in army.

I think its the Army's fault..for not being able to attract youngsters.

Last edited:
Ok so you want the whole functioning of Govt. to stop just because a few minority of people disapprove of it. And that the process be decided by Courts in many years ??? So that the Courts be filled with much less important cases then the implementation of Law and order. NO GOVT can do that. Democracy doesn't mean not letting the the things to happen unless everyone is convinced. Your points were discussed by the persons who allowed the Honorary title to be conferred and after that a decision was taken that is not subjected to further discussion.

You surely are jumping the gun. It is not a matter of such concern that I would lose sleep over.

Mr. Jha said, if Air Force decides to do something, why should anyone have a problem with that. And I said I can question it, being an Indian National.

I am sure many folks here rant about Indian Governments slow handling of MMRCA and other activities in which either it acts very slow or never at all. Are you telling me I am not supposed to even opine my thoughts?

Regards,
Anoop.

:) Are you saying something to the effect, "When Air force wants to do something, it should never bother anyone?"

I as a tax payer pay for the salaries of the Indian Military. That should give me right enough to question a policy as an Indian National.

Regards,
Anoop

I also said this is an honorary rank maharaj...Just to honor a great person just like there are honorary fellowship or, honorary degrees from universities ....

About the other part of your statement , I dont think everyone should have the right to question each and every decision taken by the armed forces..There must be some level of secrecy...

Really. Tough for me to believe. I looked up the net couldn't find anything. Any details?

Thanks,
Anoop.

I think...a few months after Rang De Basanti....the IAF contacted Amir and wanted him to be in a documentary..but he said he has a busy schedule.

I also said this is an honorary rank maharaj...Just to honor a great person just like there are honorary fellowship or, honorary degrees from universities ....

About the other part of your statement , I dont think everyone should have the right to question each and every decision taken by the armed forces..There must be some level of secrecy...

Whether honourary or not, it is a policy. I have a right to question it.

I don't this matter comes under the context of "national security" that it should have any secrecy. I mean this is pretty straightforward.

Mr. Jha, the point is that I just disagree with the decision but I can happily live with it. You agree with it and I think there is enough room for both of us to live here with our disagreements. :)

Regards,
Anoop

Mr. Jha said, if Air Force decides to do something, why should anyone have a problem with that. And I said I can question it, being an Indian National.

Go on dude. You can question anything you want in India.

I thought this thread would have been crawling with trolls by now but surprised to see that there's a civil discussion going on. Had to delete only a single post. Keep it up guys! :tup:

Anyway, I saw this story in today's Newspaper. Smart move by the IAF! Civilians are given honorary ranks all over the world for various reasons. This one however will work for both institutions; Indian Cricket and the Indian Air Force.

The youth would become more interested in practically getting involved in Indian Cricket and IAF. A cricket star is being given such an honor by a Military Institution. Its a win-win situation in terms of publicity for both institutions.

Whether honourary or not, it is a policy. I have a right to question it.

I don't this matter comes under the context of "national security" that it should have any secrecy. I mean this is pretty straightforward.

Mr. Jha, the point is that I just disagree with the decision but I can happily live with it. You agree with it and I think there is enough room for both of us to live here with our disagreements. :)

Regards,
Anoop

Agreed sir...Lets enjoy the freedom of expression..:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom