What's new

grocery prices in Pakistan in Indian rupee

@Imran Khan

Thanks. So the best Pak has achieved on 4 wheelers is 200,000 p.a. For India it is about 3.5 million. (about 17X) For 2 wheelers it is 1.6 million, India did around 20 million in 2019 (best ever), now it is about 14 million. Around 12 X.

Now as Siddiqui sb helpfully informs us India's population is 6.5 X Pak, so by no stretch of imagination, Pak can be said to be have a bigger middle class than IND.

But yes, as Javed Akhtar sahib says, possibly the crushing poverty is also much less in Pak than IND.

Regards

Hopefully Siddiqui sb will also clarify how he calculated Unilever sales to be only 3x when the data shows it is above 70x.

@Imran Khan

Thanks. So the best Pak has achieved on 4 wheelers is 200,000 p.a. For India it is about 3.5 million. (about 17X) For 2 wheelers it is 1.6 million, India did around 20 million in 2019 (best ever), now it is about 14 million. Around 12 X.

Now as Siddiqui sb helpfully informs us India's population is 6.5 X Pak, so by no stretch of imagination, Pak can be said to be have a bigger middle class than IND.

But yes, as Javed Akhtar sahib says, possibly the crushing poverty is also much less in Pak than IND.

Regards
car sales should be higher in india sir for two reasons

political and economical stability in india unlike pakistan de-stable since 2007
local cars in india are cheaper and affordable then in pakistan ripping us japan korea and china .

best of luck

Unilever sales is close to Nestle sales in Pak.
The link in my post is from Unilever's own Pakistan website. It clearly says the total quarterly revenue ( not profit) is 6.807 billion PKR. I have also provided the corresponding link for Unilever India and that figure is 145 billion. If you disagree with the data on Unilever's website about their own sales ( or revenue) can you provide a source that gives a different number, instead of making up a fact that Unilver and Nestle sales are comparable.

BTW most of middle class uses bikes in india and pakistan .

Bike-Usage.jpeg

The link in my post is from Unilever's own Pakistan website. It clearly says the total quarterly revenue ( not profit) is 6.807 billion PKR. I have also provided the corresponding link for Unilever India and that figure is 145 billion. If you disagree with the data on Unilever's website about their own sales ( or revenue) can you provide a source that gives a different number, instead of making up a fact that Unilver and Nestle sales are comparable.
6bn only ???????????? is se ziada to carrfour waly kama lety hain bhai .

And how many peple also pak is 6 times smaller population

I think people getting funny in PDF, they are not understanding situation of Pakistan and instead comparing wages of India to Pakistan.

I am guessing the salary and income of Pakistanis are increasing proportionately with decreasing value of PKR to keep a stable purchasing power parity? @Imran Khan

@Imran Khan sb,

Thanks for the graphic. That shows that the % of households having bikes in IND and PAK are almost same (47%, 43%). I wouldnt dispute anyone who says that India and Pak have similar sized middle class. But if someone like Siddiqui sb argues that Pak has a much bigger middle class, I would like to differ.

pakistan ripping us japan korea and china .

Pak's automobile policies are totally scandalous!

Regards

I am guessing the salary and income of Pakistanis are increasing proportionately with decreasing value of PKR to keep a stable purchasing power parity? @Imran Khan
or koi hall hai bhai ?????? there is no other way then increasing slaaries and everything . i still remember once upon a time kam wali maasi take 300pkr for month . today you can find ani kam wali under 10k ? no you cant these poor ladies work 3-4 houses to cover up home

same once upon a time lower level gov employees take 4000-5000 salary today they take 50-60k

or koi hall hai bhai ?????? there is no other way then increasing slaaries and everything . i still remember once upon a time kam wali maasi take 300pkr for month . today you can find ani kam wali under 10k ? no you cant these poor ladies work 3-4 houses to cover up home

same once upon a time lower level gov employees take 4000-5000 salary today they take 50-60k

Once upon a time means in the 90s?

@Imran Khan sb,

Thanks for the graphic. That shows that the % of households having bikes in IND and PAK are almost same (47%, 43%). I wouldnt dispute anyone who says that India and Pak have similar sized middle class. But if someone like Siddiqui sb argues that Pak has a much bigger middle class, I would like to differ.

pakistan ripping us japan korea and china .

Pak's automobile policies are totally scandalous!

Regards
TBH i did not open to compare with india . i open it to get info what exactly going on .

about car prices we can salute to bhutto's stupid nationalization which killed our industry

Once upon a time means in the 90s?
early 2000s sir

6bn only ???????????? is se ziada to carrfour waly kama lety hain bhai .
This number is given on Unilever's own website. You can check the link. Maybe they are committing fraud and reporting incorrect data to investors but I don't know why they would do that.

@Imran Khan sb,

about car prices we can salute to bhutto's stupid nationalization which killed our industry

This can be a blessing in disguise, if Pakistan uses this opportunity to create a good public transport infrastructure, including domestic manufacturing for public transport industry.

Regards

This number is given on Unilever's own website. You can check the link. Maybe they are committing fraud and reporting incorrect data to investors but I don't know why they would do that.
bhai bach bacha to inka doodh pi raha hai her jaga inka paani hai toothpaste soap shampoo jhan nazer jati hai inka product para hai . daily sale hi billion main hogi . kya andheer nagri hai is mulk main yaar . :disagree: sab dhandha chal raha hai .

@Imran Khan sb,

This can be a blessing in disguise, if Pakistan uses this opportunity to create a good public transport infrastructure, including domestic manufacturing for public transport industry.

Regards
pakistanis dont like local product sir even me i admit i dont like to use local electronics . since samsung started TV production in pakistan people started buying sony and others . we look down local products lets be honest here . many attempts were failed in past too

last time it was adam revo tries to make 100% cars but no luck . only few hundreds were sold and they shut down .

Adam-revo-beige.jpg

bhai bach bacha to inka doodh pi raha hai her jaga inka paani hai toothpaste soap shampoo jhan nazer jati hai inka product para hai . daily sale hi billion main hogi . kya andheer nagri hai is mulk main yaar . :disagree: sab dhandha chal raha hai .
I have no idea about Unilever's market share in Pakistan. It is possible some of their products are sold through a different company, but the only company for which they have reported results for the last several quarers last had 3 month sales of around 6 bn.

Back
Top Bottom