What's new

grocery prices in Pakistan in Indian rupee

Per capita income parity is not an ideal metric to measure the BPL people earning and super rich class.

Its not that lowest of the low Below povery line(BPL) people are getting the income shown as per capita income.

As it includes the super rich and all so the divided income doesn't trickle down to the poor as shown in the per capita income.

India rich upper middle/upper upper class is about 3.5 times the size of Pakistan with a population which is 6.5 time higher, numbers not the actual income of rich as obviously rich are much richer there like Ambanis, Adanis and likes.

And that leaves the lower income BPL numbers swell as well compared to Pakistan.
Here peopel started BS sir we are good we are best

India's top 1% owned more than 40.5% of its total wealth in 2021, according to a new report by Oxfam. In 2022, the number of billionaires in the country increased to 166 from from 102 in 2020, the report said. Meanwhile, it added that the poor in India "are unable to afford even basic necessities to survive"

Here peopel started BS sir we are good we are best

India's top 1% owned more than 40.5% of its total wealth in 2021, according to a new report by Oxfam. In 2022, the number of billionaires in the country increased to 166 from from 102 in 2020, the report said. Meanwhile, it added that the poor in India "are unable to afford even basic necessities to survive"

I have earlier calculated the yearly sales of Big MNC's like Unilever, Nestle, P&G, Pepsi, COKE, KFC, Pizza Hut and others, the India sales of big MNC's like Unilever, Nestle, P&G is about 3 times the sales of them in Pakistan like of Unilever Pak, Nestle Pak, P&G Pak, so the per capita sales in Pakistan is twice that of India.

And with dozens of big local names in Pak present, like Engro(olpers) National foods, Ahmed food, Ismail industries, Shan, Sufi, Shangrilla, Salmans others.

Points to the above fact.

Pak upper middle class is 5.7 % of the population.

India upper middle class is 3.0 % of the population.

I have earlier calculated the yearly sales of Big MNC's like Unilever, Nestle, P&G, Pepsi, COKE, KFC, Pizza Hut and others, the India sales of big MNC's like Unilever, Nestle, P&G is about 3 times the sales of them in Pakistan like of Unilever Pak, Nestle Pak, P&G Pak, so the per capita sales in Pakistan is twice that of India.

And with dozens of big local names in Pak present, like Engro(olpers) National foods, Ahmed food, Ismail industries, Shan, Sufi, Shangrilla, Salmans others.
Bhai ager internet ke laundoon ki baat maan loon to india pehly hi switzerland hai .

@N.Siddiqui

The Credit Suisse report you are quoting is very old- 2015, lot has changed since then in both India and Pakiland.

How many two wheelers and four wheelers were sold in Pakiland in CY 2021 and CY 2022?

Regards

Javed Akhtar: Ghurbat Pak mein nazar nahi aati hai jaise Dilli aur Mumbai mein nazar aati hai.

@Imran Khan

@N.Siddiqui

The Credit Suisse report you are quoting is very old- 2015, lot has changed since then in both India and Pakiland.

How many two wheelers and four wheelers were sold in Pakiland in CY 2021 and CY 2022?

Regards

That big numbers doesn't changes in 7-8 years , and the change happened in Pak as well, as in India.

At least for Unilever , you don't need to do any "calculation" because the data for both countries' Unilever subsidiaries is publicly available.

Unilever Pakistan sales for Sep 2022 quartet were 6.87 billion PKR or about 2 billion INR.

Unilever India sales for the same quarter were about 145 bn INR.

So the ratio is about 70 times and not 3 times as you have "calculated" .

PS: The reason I used the Sep 2022 quarter for comparison was because that is the latest quarter for which both companies was available.

Sure @Imran Khan sahib, you can give me the population and sales numbers of Pak, I can give you the corresponding numbers for India.

Regards

The price looks fair, doesn't show any massive inflation. If the food prices are stable or within regional range, then what's driving the inflation?

They gave money for free and now struggling to control inflation :-)

Imported items prices increasing sir .

Yes prices were lower and also gov removes subsidies so prices went up . Also floods affected crops so prices increased .

You guys imported wheat and people bought it with GoP distributed free money ! 8-)

@Imran Khan sb

Imported items prices increasing sir .

Then largely avoid imports no? barring petroproducts (which is unavoidable)

Regards

They gave imported fuel and subsidized rate and set fiscal deficit on fire

Yeah go rawalpindi as see how much even rikshow charging . You guys talk like you have very strong connections in rawalpindi . No one is taking less then 700 per day now not even loweest labor.

Imported items for rich public sir . Dont you see they cant open LC last month for anything but then opened LC for 250 luxury cars .

Problem is rich elite using resources and poor paying it . Luxury items must be banned . 100mn$ tissue really ? 4bn$ makeup items ?

Pretty sure the salaries mentioned for pakistan was in cities as well. Do you really think those salaries will be paid in pakistani villages in Baluchistan and NWFP ?

BTW AVERAGE Rural earning in India (2022) for Men was Rs. 14,257 INR.

Do you think people work on salaries in villages and towns ? Why not a guy start ciggrate toffee small shop or a fruit veggi cart rather then salary ? Salary work is for cities mostly .

I can post 10000 such cases when people work for food in india too .

In India, 82% Male And 92% Female Workers Earn Less Than ₹10,000 Per Month: Report​

In India we have MGNREGA for rural job creation program i.e., 100 days guaranteed job for a wage of Rs. 240/- per day amount will be credited to workers bank account directly.

Rural areas in my place male get Rs 750/- per day and female Rs. 350/- per day and this is over the MGNREGA they also get Free Rice, wheat, dal and sugar, cooking oil at subsidized rate.

Lowest minimum wage a Unskilled get in urban area's especially at Zone-4 (Taluk Headquarters) is Rs. 385/- per day i.e, Rs. 10,000/-

Sure @Imran Khan sahib, you can give me the population and sales numbers of Pak, I can give you the corresponding numbers for India.

Regards
Last 6 months sucks here every sale go down sir.

1677824957138.png

@Imran Khan

Thanks. So the best Pak has achieved on 4 wheelers is 200,000 p.a. For India it is about 3.5 million. (about 17X) For 2 wheelers it is 1.6 million, India did around 20 million in 2019 (best ever), now it is about 14 million. Around 12 X.

Now as Siddiqui sb helpfully informs us India's population is 6.5 X Pak, so by no stretch of imagination, Pak can be said to be have a bigger middle class than IND.

But yes, as Javed Akhtar sahib says, possibly the crushing poverty is also much less in Pak than IND.

Regards

@Imran Khan

Thanks. So the best Pak has achieved on 4 wheelers is 200,000 p.a. For India it is about 3.5 million. (about 17X) For 2 wheelers it is 1.6 million, India did around 20 million in 2019 (best ever), now it is about 14 million. Around 12 X.

Now as Siddiqui sb helpfully informs us India's population is 6.5 X Pak, so by no stretch of imagination, Pak can be said to be have a bigger middle class than IND.

But yes, as Javed Akhtar sahib says, possibly the crushing poverty is also much less in Pak than IND.

Regards
Hopefully Siddiqui sb will also clarify how he calculated Unilever sales to be only 3x when the data shows it is above 70x.

At least for Unilever , you don't need to do any "calculation" because the data for both countries' Unilever subsidiaries is publicly available.

Unilever Pakistan sales for Sep 2022 quartet were 6.87 billion PKR or about 2 billion INR.

Unilever India sales for the same quarter were about 145 bn INR.

So the ratio is about 70 times and not 3 times as you have "calculated" .

PS: The reason I used the Sep 2022 quarter for comparison was because that is the latest quarter for which both companies was available.

LOL, you know the difference between total sales and net profit. You are a funny person.

What is the revenue of Nestle Pakistan?

Image result for Nestle Pakistan yearly sales

LAHORE-Nestlé Pakistan has announced its nine-month results for 2022, recording a revenue of Rs 121.0 billion, an increase of 20.5% compared to the same period last year. The results were shared during the Board of Directors' meeting at its head office.20-Oct-2022

This 121 billion Rs. is just for nine months total sales revenue.

Unilever sales is close to Nestle sales in Pak.

Back
Top Bottom