What's new

grocery prices in Pakistan in Indian rupee

As indian media is bashing day and night paksitan is sinking in inflation . here are few basic groucery prices in lahore home delivery today . there are diffrence in prices city to city . for example mangoes in multan people give you for free but 1000pkr per kg in GB KASHMIR . apples people will give you for free in GB KASHMIR but 300pkr kg in south pakistan . same can be said vegge and local fruits are cheaper in villages towns and expencive in cities . hyper markets like imtiyaz carrfour have promotions on items too . can indian members put thier input here lets see the difference .

here are Lahore home delivery prices of today in INR .

sugar fine white 34 inr per kg
salt national 24 inr per kg
tea 400 gram pack 231 inr
palak 15 inr per kg
potato 12 inr per kg
tomato 19 inr per kg
carrots 43 inr per kg
ginger 196 inr per kg
garlic 124 inr per kg
green chilli 18 inr per kg
apple 67 INR per kg
bittergourd 74 inr per kg
orange 33 inr per kg
kiwi 130 inr per kg
bhindi 61 inr per kg
guava 51 inr per kg
peas 34 inr per kg
aubergine 32 inr per kg
cauliflower 15 inr per kg
lemon 49 inr per kg
strowberry 238inr per kg
grapes 142 inr per kg
banana 78 inr 12pcs

bread 34 inr pack

nestle water 5 litter 68 inr

pepsi tin 300ml 17 inr

eggs 81 inr per 12pcs

ghee 190 inr per kg
cooking oil 207 inr per kg

motton 541 inr per kg
boneless beef 278 inr per kg
chicken 247 inr per kg

coca cola 1 lt 33inr bottle
nestle fruita juice 1L is 91INR

yogurt packed 83 inr per kg
cheese 588 inr per kg
mozzarella cheese 610 inr per kg

washing powder 119 inr per kg
ariel powder 161 inr per kg

daal chana 97 inr per kg
daal mash 79 inr per kg
lobia 49 inr per kg

biryani best grade sella rice 111per kg
normal basmati rice 60 to 80 inr per kg

detol soap 85g 28 inr
sunsilk shampoo 185ml 95 inr

The price looks fair, doesn't show any massive inflation. If the food prices are stable or within regional range, then what's driving the inflation?

The price looks fair, doesn't show any massive inflation. If the food prices are stable or within regional range, then what's driving the inflation?
Imported items prices increasing sir .

@migflug

The prices quoted by @Imran Khan sb seem to be quite reasonable and comparable to IND prices. Maybe the prices were much lower last year?

Regards
Yes prices were lower and also gov removes subsidies so prices went up . Also floods affected crops so prices increased .

@Imran Khan sb

Then largely avoid imports no? barring petroproducts (which is unavoidable)

Regards

The salaries i mentioned in INR READ AGAIN :lol:

I see. Why don't you mention the salaries in PKR ? That way it can be validated by others too.

Per capita income of pakistan in 2022 was USD 1658$ or Rs. 11,378 INR. per Month.

India per capita income in 2022 was USD 2320.4 $ or Rs. 15,922 INR per month.

Now compare the food prices to know the real picture.

These expats are a lost cause, really
A labourer's salary in a city like Rawalpindi is 15,000 PKR and they touch themselves on the official minimum wage which barely anyone would pay.
Mind you, most of Pakistan's economy is informal economy as they themselves would profess.
Now add to the mix the demand destruction and businesses shutting down/ reducing their production... you get a much worse picture, but who cares...

Btw, since PKR dropped; the prices on the first page have become more cheaper than yesterday, haha
Yeah go rawalpindi as see how much even rikshow charging . You guys talk like you have very strong connections in rawalpindi . No one is taking less then 700 per day now not even loweest labor.

@Imran Khan sb

Then largely avoid imports no? barring petroproducts (which is unavoidable)

Regards
Imported items for rich public sir . Dont you see they cant open LC last month for anything but then opened LC for 250 luxury cars .

Problem is rich elite using resources and poor paying it . Luxury items must be banned . 100mn$ tissue really ? 4bn$ makeup items ?

The salaries for India quoted by @Libexer is right as far as towns are concerned. However, there are large pockets of tribal hamlets and villages in parts of BIMARU states where wages are much lower. Having said that, the GoI pitches in with 5 kg of rice/wheat per month free of cost (until Dec they were paying Rs. 2/kg) to almost 80 crore people. And from anecdotal evidence it seems that the grain distribution is working free of all leakage. In addition, many states dole out additional food stuff like pulses and cooking oils (varies from state to state), free bijlee (about 50-200 units per month). In addition, all school going children get mid day meals (sometimes milk as well). That is why there isnt a huge outcry about food inflation in India yet

Regards

Pretty sure the salaries mentioned for pakistan was in cities as well. Do you really think those salaries will be paid in pakistani villages in Baluchistan and NWFP ?

BTW AVERAGE Rural earning in India (2022) for Men was Rs. 14,257 INR.

Pretty sure the salaries mentioned for pakistan was in cities as well. Do you really think those salaries will be paid in pakistani villages in Baluchistan and NWFP ?

BTW AVERAGE Rural earning in India (2022) for Men was Rs. 14,257 INR.
Do you think people work on salaries in villages and towns ? Why not a guy start ciggrate toffee small shop or a fruit veggi cart rather then salary ? Salary work is for cities mostly .

I can post 10000 such cases when people work for food in india too .

In India, 82% Male And 92% Female Workers Earn Less Than ₹10,000 Per Month: Report​

That is a Strange question to ask me !!!

YOU are the one who mentioned pakistani salaries.

I merely TRANSLATED those MENTIONED salaries into Indian Rupee since the grocery prices you mentioned are in Indian Rupee.

You are now moving the goalpost and claiming that the minimum income is as per the "law" and everybody complies with the "law".

LOl, you converted the already converted into INR of Pak Rupee into Indian INR. this is really funny.

Do you think people work on salaries in villages and towns ? Why not a guy start ciggrate toffee small shop or a fruit veggi cart rather then salary ? Salary work is for cities mostly .

I can post 10000 such cases when people work for food in india too .

In India, 82% Male And 92% Female Workers Earn Less Than ₹10,000 Per Month: Report​

That's still above the minimum wage

That's still above the minimum wage
Good for you guys if food is minimum wage in india

I posted prices to get input of inflaution not dick messure here . But few ind and pak kids turn it ind vs pakistan as they always do .

Food is free and a minimum wage of even 9000 INR in India translates to 27000+ PKR in Pakistan, so don't try to act smart with me.
Yes i know its free on streets no one eat hahhahha bus ker de ab backchodi ki

I see. Why don't you mention the salaries in PKR ? That way it can be validated by others too.

Per capita income of pakistan in 2022 was USD 1658$ or Rs. 11,378 INR. per Month.

India per capita income in 2022 was USD 2320.4 $ or Rs. 15,922 INR per month.

Now compare the food prices to know the real picture.

Per capita income parity is not an ideal metric to measure the BPL people earning and super rich class.

Its not that lowest of the low Below povery line(BPL) people are getting the income shown as per capita income.

As it includes the super rich and all so the divided income doesn't trickle down to the poor as shown in the per capita income.

India rich upper middle/upper upper class is about 3.5 times the size of Pakistan with a population which is 6.5 time higher, numbers not the actual income of rich as obviously rich are much richer there like Ambanis, Adanis and likes.

And that leaves the lower income BPL numbers swell as well compared to Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom