What's new

grocery prices in Pakistan in Indian rupee

irrigation system was setup in a manner that favoured water access to the elites and the leftover was made available to the lower socio economic strata.

kindlly explain me this first i am failed to understand how its work.
This video has the basics, would love to actually hear from a localite, is it relevant?

Yes our wages are much higher then India if you compare direct rupee to rupee without conversion.

Minimum wage in Pakistan is 20,000 PKR for unskilled worker (In reality unskilled labor is paid around 18k mostly). Skilled labor is paid more.

Minimim Wage in India is between 4,800 INR to 12,000 INR depending on state and skill level. (They have very different system then Pakistan)

Correct me if i am wrong

Sir you must be correct, but from last 3 years Govt is giving free food to 80 crore people whereas our taxation system is different from yours. Our Govt, sucks every penny starting from 5 lakhs.

what pakistanis are not understanding is that there is always some cheap vagetable or fruit available in the market. Eat those that are in the season. If you want greenhouse food than that is going to be costly. The nation just simply does not understand that they have to stay within their mean! eat what you can afford. Keep your standard of living atleast constant if not downgrade it a bit!

Yes our wages are much higher then India if you compare direct rupee to rupee without conversion.

Minimum wage in Pakistan is 20,000 PKR for unskilled worker (In reality unskilled labor is paid around 18k mostly). Skilled labor is paid more.

Minimim Wage in India is between 4,800 INR to 12,000 INR depending on state and skill level. (They have very different system then Pakistan)

Correct me if i am wrong

Correct me if i am wrong
Almost no one gets paid the statutory minimum wage, especially in big cities. In Delhi, a full time household maid would get paid about 15k-20k. A personal driver would get paid about 25K. The numbers would be higher in Mumbai.

This video has the basics, would love to actually hear from a localite, is it relevant?
about land owners manipulation in lower sindh recent floods video is right they have did it some areas . but its not true that near river land owned by only land lords . almost everyone owned land anywhere . about sindh and delta but punjab KPK KASHMIR GB land owners are mixed and some small medium farmers own land next to river canals since ages . clonial era things are gone long ago . there is no elite or non elite on canals rivers .

yes there are elites in living areas that is true .

Sir you must be correct, but from last 3 years Govt is giving free food to 80 crore people whereas our taxation system is different from yours. Our Govt, sucks every penny starting from 5 lakhs.
here gov is giving cash to poor for purchasing basic things . but these things will not help forever . people should get jobs rather then food and money '

11-1-491x550.jpg

benazir%20income%20support%20card.jpg

Last edited:
Almost no one gets paid the statutory minimum wage, especially in big cities. In Delhi, a full time household maid would get paid about 15k-20k. A personal driver would get paid about 25K. The numbers would be higher in Mumbai.
Comeon man. GDP per capita of India is around between 15,000 INR to 16,000 INR and that is skewed upward because of the large imbalance in income between rich and poor of countries like ours.meaning there will be a huge number of people having income below GDP per capita and fewer number of people having more income then GDP percapita. How on earth can minimum wage be more then per capita income?

Free food? Thats impressive. How do they do it?. Like distribute food on ration card or something?
Our government have a system of buying wheat from farmers at higher rates and then selling in the market at cheaper rate to subsidize wheat for population. But not free

Comeon man. GDP per capita of India is around between 15,000 INR to 16,000 INR and that is skewed upward because of the large imbalance in income between rich and poor of countries like ours.meaning there will be a huge number of people having income below GDP per capita and fewer number of people having more income then GDP percapita. How on earth can minimum wage be more then per capita income?
GDP per capita is defined as total GDP divided by total population, not total GDP/ workforce. Many people are too young or too old to be part of the workforce or choose not to work ( for eg housewives) and even out of those seeking work many are either unemployed or work part time only.

So, if India's workforce is 1/3 of the population, the average wage would be more than 3 times of the per capita income ( since not all of the workforce is employed full time).

Also, GDP is under-reported in all countries to some extent because it does not include illegal activity or that not caught by the statisticians measuring it. The extent of the under-reporting varies from country to country. It would be much higher in Afghanistan than in Singapore, for example.

Last edited:
salaries mentioned in post#28

Lolllz check salaries its not 10k average .
lowest labor salary in pakistan in 7740 inr
restaurant workers and lower pay salary is 15785 inr
warehouse loading and unloading workers have 20500 inr
multinational companies workers have average 31000 inr
agriculture labor have 14000 inr
construction workers have 21000 inr
primary teachers school staff 20000 inr
electrical plumbing civil works labor have 21000 inr
police men have some 24000 Inr

Since the prices are mentioned in INR, let me translate the salary into INR too.

So as per you the lowest Labor salary in pakistan is Rs. 2,284 INR per month. (7,740 PKR)

The LOWEST Labor salary in India is Rs. 10,000 INR. (Rs. 33,888 PKR)

This is approximately 4 TIMES the money pakistani Labor makes.

In addition Indians get 5 kg Wheat, 1 Kg Dal (Pulses) FREE EVERY MONTH PER HEAD. For a family of 4, that would be 20 kg Wheat and 4 Kg Dal.

Sugar is available for Rs. 13.50 INR for upto 3 kg for such people. Same with other essentials like oil etc.

The LOWEST Labour charge PER DAY is as per MGNREGA (Govt. scheme) and it is Rs. 240 per day.
This is for the LOWEST class of labour i.e. shifting sand/carrying bricks etc.

This works out to be INR 7,200 per Month (Rs. 24,400 PKR). THIS is the BARE MINIMUM income in India.

The average cost of Labour in normal market is Rs. 500 Per day.

The HIGHEST salary you mentioned was Rs. 31,000 PKR per month (Rs. 9,147 INR) for "multinational companies workers".

This is below the LOWEST salary in India ie. Rs. 10,000/12,000 for security guard/watch man etc.

AVERAGE salary of Workers in India is Rs. 25,600 per month (Rs. 86,900 PKR). Average Bonus is ₹4,428 (additional) per month.

This is approximately 9 to 10 times the income of pakistani factory worker.

And finally JFYI, the BELOW POVERTY LINE income is 165 USD per month or Rs. 13,500 INR ie. Rs. 46,000 PKR.

So in reality even your Policemen are quite literally BELOW the Poverty Line.

So as per you the lowest Labor salary in pakistan is Rs. 2,284 INR per month. (7,740 PKR)

From where you got this info, this is wrong and outdated.

What is the minimum Labour salary in Pakistan?

PKR 25,000 rupees per month

Minimum Wage Updated in Punjab, Pakistan from 01 July 2022 - June 24, 2022. The province of Punjab has revised the minimum wage from PKR 20,000 to PKR 25,000 rupees per month for unskilled work.24-Jun-2022

with the current higher inflation, there is a need to revise the minimum wage from 25,000 Pak Rs. to higher amount.

Since the prices are mentioned in INR, let me translate the salary into INR too.

In addition Indians get 5 kg Wheat, 1 Kg Dal (Pulses) FREE EVERY MONTH PER HEAD. For a family of 4, that would be 20 kg Wheat and 4 Kg Dal.

Sugar is available for Rs. 13.50 INR for upto 3 kg for such people. Same with other essentials like oil etc.

The LOWEST Labour charge PER DAY is as per MGNREGA (Govt. scheme) and it is Rs. 240 per day.

This works out to be INR 7,200 per Month (Rs. 24,400 PKR). THIS is the BARE MINIMUM income in India.

The HIGHEST salary you mentioned was Rs. 31,000 PKR per month (Rs. 9,147 INR) for "multinational companies workers".

This is below the LOWEST salary in India ie. Rs. 10,000/12,000 for security guard/watch man etc.

AVERAGE salary of Workers in India is Rs. 25,600 per month (Rs. 86,900 PKR). Average Bonus is ₹4,428 (additional) per month.

And finally JFYI, the BELOW POVERTY LINE income is 165 USD per month or Rs. 13,500 INR ie. Rs. 46,000 PKR.

Where you gwt these salaries ?

Salaries is pakistan histoeically are more then india salaries .

Our salaries mentioned in post#28

Minimum salary in pakistan is 25000pkr

Where you gwt these salaries ?

Salaries is pakistan histoeically are more then india salaries .

Our salaries mentioned in post#28

Minimum salary in pakistan is 25000pkr
From where you got this info, this is wrong and outdated.

What is the minimum Labour salary in Pakistan?

PKR 25,000 rupees per month

Minimum Wage Updated in Punjab, Pakistan from 01 July 2022 - June 24, 2022. The province of Punjab has revised the minimum wage from PKR 20,000 to PKR 25,000 rupees per month for unskilled work.24-Jun-2022

with the current higher inflation, there is a need to revise the minimum wage from 25,000 Pak Rs. to higher amount.

That is a Strange question to ask me !!!

YOU are the one who mentioned pakistani salaries.

I merely TRANSLATED those MENTIONED salaries into Indian Rupee since the grocery prices you mentioned are in Indian Rupee.

You are now moving the goalpost and claiming that the minimum income is as per the "law" and everybody complies with the "law".

Imran Khan said:
salaries mentioned in post#28

lowest labor salary in pakistan in 7740 inr
restaurant workers and lower pay salary is 15785 inr
warehouse loading and unloading workers have 20500 inr
multinational companies workers have average 31000 inr
agriculture labor have 14000 inr
construction workers have 21000 inr
primary teachers school staff 20000 inr
electrical plumbing civil works labor have 21000 inr
police men have some 24000 Inr

These expats are a lost cause, really
A labourer's salary in a city like Rawalpindi is 15,000 PKR and they touch themselves on the official minimum wage which barely anyone would pay.
Mind you, most of Pakistan's economy is informal economy as they themselves would profess.
Now add to the mix the demand destruction and businesses shutting down/ reducing their production... you get a much worse picture, but who cares...

Btw, since PKR dropped; the prices on the first page have become more cheaper than yesterday, haha

That is a Strange question to ask me !!!

YOU are the one who mentioned pakistani salaries.

I merely TRANSLATED those MENTIONED salaries into Indian Rupee since the grocery prices you mentioned are in Indian Rupee.

You are now moving the goalpost and claiming that the minimum income is as per the "law" and everybody complies with the "law".
The salaries i mentioned in INR READ AGAIN :lol:

We converted 25000pkr to 7400 inr then you again converted it hahahhahah

Last edited:
The salaries for India quoted by @Libexer is right as far as towns are concerned. However, there are large pockets of tribal hamlets and villages in parts of BIMARU states where wages are much lower. Having said that, the GoI pitches in with 5 kg of rice/wheat per month free of cost (until Dec they were paying Rs. 2/kg) to almost 80 crore people. And from anecdotal evidence it seems that the grain distribution is working free of all leakage. In addition, many states dole out additional food stuff like pulses and cooking oils (varies from state to state), free bijlee (about 50-200 units per month). In addition, all school going children get mid day meals (sometimes milk as well). That is why there isnt a huge outcry about food inflation in India yet

Regards

Back
Top Bottom