What's new

grocery prices in Pakistan in Indian rupee

I have no idea about Unilever's market share in Pakistan. It is possible some of their products are sold through a different company, but the only company for which they have reported results for the last several quarers last had 3 month sales of around 6 bn.
what i said based on my point of views sir i have no idea if they have sub companies .

local cars in india are cheaper and affordable then in pakistan ripping us japan korea and china .
What is the on road price ( including road taxes, etc) of the cheapest car in Pakistan? I am assuming it is Suzuki Alto ?

@Imran Khan sb,

That is a cool looking car!

Regards
2006 main banai thi adam ne

What is the on road price ( including road taxes, etc) of the cheapest car in Pakistan? I am assuming it is Suzuki Alto ?
suny ga to heart atack a jaay ga united bravo 1519000pkr means 447000INR

1283_1_53866.jpg

United-Bravo-2018-featured-image.jpg

United Bravo 2023800 cc, Manual, PetrolPKR 1,519,000

its local car company @SoulSpokesman

Last edited:
Thanks for the graphic. That shows that the % of households having bikes in IND and PAK are almost same (47%, 43%). I wouldnt dispute anyone who says that India and Pak have similar sized middle class
You have to be careful interpreting the graph. Malaysia and China have much higher numbers on that graph , but a much higher proportion of their population is middle class than India's. In India, many households own multiple cars and also bikes . Bikes are just more convenient in tight traffic and also a hobby for many. I suspect the % of population using a bike as primary vehicle is higher in Pakistan ( and China and Malaysia is lower than India).

Since the prices are mentioned in INR, let me translate the salary into INR too.

So as per you the lowest Labor salary in pakistan is Rs. 2,284 INR per month. (7,740 PKR)

The LOWEST Labor salary in India is Rs. 10,000 INR. (Rs. 33,888 PKR)

This is approximately 4 TIMES the money pakistani Labor makes.

In addition Indians get 5 kg Wheat, 1 Kg Dal (Pulses) FREE EVERY MONTH PER HEAD. For a family of 4, that would be 20 kg Wheat and 4 Kg Dal.

Sugar is available for Rs. 13.50 INR for upto 3 kg for such people. Same with other essentials like oil etc.

The LOWEST Labour charge PER DAY is as per MGNREGA (Govt. scheme) and it is Rs. 240 per day.
This is for the LOWEST class of labour i.e. shifting sand/carrying bricks etc.

This works out to be INR 7,200 per Month (Rs. 24,400 PKR). THIS is the BARE MINIMUM income in India.

The average cost of Labour in normal market is Rs. 500 Per day.

The HIGHEST salary you mentioned was Rs. 31,000 PKR per month (Rs. 9,147 INR) for "multinational companies workers".

This is below the LOWEST salary in India ie. Rs. 10,000/12,000 for security guard/watch man etc.

AVERAGE salary of Workers in India is Rs. 25,600 per month (Rs. 86,900 PKR). Average Bonus is ₹4,428 (additional) per month.

This is approximately 9 to 10 times the income of pakistani factory worker.

And finally JFYI, the BELOW POVERTY LINE income is 165 USD per month or Rs. 13,500 INR ie. Rs. 46,000 PKR.

So in reality even your Policemen are quite literally BELOW the Poverty Line.

Lol sums are wrong . I pay basic mazdoor 3000 pkr a day .

@Imran Khan

Thanks. The cheapest Indian car, which is 800 cc is Maruti Suzuki Alto which costs Rs. 3.5 lakhs.

Regards

I have no idea about Unilever's market share in Pakistan. It is possible some of their products are sold through a different company, but the only company for which they have reported results for the last several quarers last had 3 month sales of around 6 bn.
The Unilever pak website doesn't show the total yearly sales revenue, but the profit on the yearly sales so as to evade government taxes, and show the profit at the minimum.

Look for third party articles, news.
Just as I quoted of nestle.

Last edited:
The link in my post is from Unilever's own Pakistan website. It clearly says the total quarterly revenue ( not profit) is 6.807 billion PKR. I have also provided the corresponding link for Unilever India and that figure is 145 billion. If you disagree with the data on Unilever's website about their own sales ( or revenue) can you provide a source that gives a different number, instead of making up a fact that Unilver and Nestle sales are comparable.

Unilever Pakistan ; Kamran Yousaf Mirza (Chairman) Amir R. Paracha (Chief Executive Officer & Executive Director) · Home and personal Care Food and beverages.
Products: Home and personal Care; Food and beverages

Check this very old 2015 figure.

Revenue: Rs. 69976 million (US$310 million) (2015)
Net income: Rs. 7766 million (US$34 million) (2015)

So you quoted the net profit and not the sales revenue, some companies don't show the actual sales revenue but just the profit and to avoid the taxes it is shown less.

@Imran Khan

But this is local car sir it should be cheaper

Depends on many factors.

1. Taxation- I dont know what is the tax structure on Pakistan. In India I believe it is a GST of 28%.
2. Scale drives down costs. India has a much larger market and there is a vibrant auto components industry which drives down costs.

Regards

@Imran Khan

But this is local car sir it should be cheaper

Depends on many factors.

1. Taxation- I dont know what is the tax structure on Pakistan. In India I believe it is a GST of 28%.
2. Scale drives down costs. India has a much larger market and there is a vibrant auto components industry which drives down costs.

Regards
1 lakh to seedha fed tax hai up to 1000cc
many m ore taxes 10k 15k fees etc
2 lakh pakar lo

tax-1.jpg

That's right
You have to be careful interpreting the graph. Malaysia and China have much higher numbers on that graph , but a much higher proportion of their population is middle class than India's. In India, many households own multiple cars and also bikes . Bikes are just more convenient in tight traffic and also a hobby for many. I suspect the % of population using a bike as primary vehicle is higher in Pakistan ( and China and Malaysia is lower than India).

That's right, check the car sales figures of China, it is about 9 times that of India with a similar population size.

Pak auto sector is very small compared to India, it was picking up in the last 3 years but now the sales dropped.

Bike sales figures at 2.4 million looks good, per year.

So you quoted the net profit and not the sales revenue,
You keep repeating that even though the link I shared clearly says otherwise. Sales revenue is reported as 6.807 bn and net profit as 1.47 bn.

India also has entry level cars at around that price only, but I am a little surprised that Pakistan also imposes very high taxes on cars just like India, because on petrol tax in Pakistan has been much less than in India.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230303-160927.png
    Screenshot_20230303-160927.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 38
You keep repeating that even though the link I shared clearly says otherwise. Sales revenue is reported as 6.807 bn and net profit as 1.47 bn.

India also has entry level cars at around that price only, but I am a little surprised that Pakistan also imposes very high taxes on cars just like India, because on petrol tax in Pakistan has been much less than in India.
Check the dawn link and other data I shared in earlier posts, when nestle pak sales in 9 months is 122 billion rs many years ago, your data is incorrect.

Unilever sales is less than nestle pak but certainly not what you quoted.

Check the dawn link. So you agree with the nestle figure but not Unilever.

Check the dawn link and other data I shared in earlier posts, when nestle pak sales in 9 months is 122 billion rs many years ago, your data is incorrect.

Unilever sales is less than nestle pak but certainly not what you quoted.

Check the dawn link. So you agree with the nestle figure but not Unilever.
Okay . If you think Unilever Pakistan is committing fraud and massively under-reporting its sales in audited financial results uploaded on its website and the Pakistani regulators are doing nothing about it, it is pointless to have any further discussion. All the best.

Back
Top Bottom