What's new

Grand Siege of Kaaba ended by SSG under Musharraf ?

from what i have heard, it was the French special force which lead the operation and it was French idea to use this water trick. SSG was also supporting the operation but it was the French who were leading it. i read this info somewhere on this forum few years back and no one could contradict it from what i remember.

non muslim aren't allowed inside makkah, is that right?

as it was about the holy sites, i don't think that saudis will hand over such an exercise to the non muslims, considering the significance of those holy sites

non muslim aren't allowed inside makkah, is that right?

as it was about the holy sites, i don't think that saudis will hand over such an exercise to the non muslims, considering the significance of those holy sites

ya i am aware of it. some exceptions were made for that particular case. anyways it will be interesting to know the official details rather than the sepculations

France's involvment was more like of a consultative one, while Pakistan played a key role in this Opt long with the SANG.

We didn't have specialized Comandos to handle a sitution like this.

I honestly don't know anything about the Pakistani version of the story, all I know is that the Saudis apprecaited Pakistan's help to go hand in hand with the SANG to destory these scums.

@W.11 this seems more accurate from what i can recall. French played an active consultative role. and most likely it was a French idea to flood the Kaba and then electrocute it. SSG's role is very over blown while that of French is very understated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thəorətic Muslim;4833812 said:
Is there a time-table until when Classified Ops/ Papers in Pakistan are unclassified?

Except the USSR's invasion of Afghanistan you won't find any data related to KSA being declassified.

Well, I don't know about Musharraf but Brigadier TM Shaheed took part in this operation, that I'm quite sure about.

from what i have heard, it was the French special force which lead the operation and it was French idea to use this water trick. SSG was also supporting the operation but it was the French who were leading it. i read this info somewhere on this forum few years back and no one could contradict it from what i remember.

@W.11 this seems more accurate from what i can recall. French played an active consultative role. and most likely it was a French idea to flood the Kaba and then electrocute it. SSG's role is very over blown while that of French is very understated.

Well, officially there was no non-Saudi involvement in the episode. But unofficially it is said that two/three French Special Forces officers were converted to Islam and then brought over in consultative roles. I've posted this before but I remember reading an account of the incident somewhere in which the scene of Pakistani SSG guys kneeling down, untying and taking their shoes off before entering the Ka'baa was depicted quite beautifully.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't know but there are reports and claims that suggest otherwise.

As I said that many were suggested to keep a mum over involvement of Pakistani commandos in ending the siege.

More evidence is in support of involvement of French commandos too.

Read a book long time ago - House of Saud??? - It was the French commandos who were temporarily converted to Islam who aided the Saudis in ending the Siege. There was a chapter dedicated to Mecca crisis.

What a joke!!! It seems like this thread is opened and the garbage posted so that it can be linked in wiki as a "source".. circular reference. That wiki article is a joke and fanboy stuff. "Looming Tower" was referenced with page numbers and when I go to those pages, there is nothing remotely connected to the subject. The previous version had tariq m. as the commander and it was saudis who abseiled and not SSG. And all those hollywood movie watchers who believe in the absurd story of flooding mosque with water and then giving electricity.... get a life... it is not possible, at least practically.

Why do people feel like lying so blatantly, that too with this much of absurdity? do they really believe? Is their ego hurt so bad or they simply too stupid to understand?

Read a book long time ago - House of Saud??? - It was the French commandos who were temporarily converted to Islam who aided the Saudis in ending the Siege. There was a chapter dedicated to Mecca crisis.

So essentially kafirs had to save it, oh the irony!!! :lol:

So essentially kafirs had to save it, oh the irony!!! :lol:

The book is "Siege of Mecca" by Yaroslav Trofimov - a nice one to read and the interview from the author himself -

Yaroslav Trofimov - An interview with author

What was the US's role in the Siege of Mecca?
There were American citizens on both sides of the barricades. The gunmen occupying the Mosque included a number of African-American converts to Islam. Retired American military personnel were employed flying Saudi helicopters above the Mosque in support of the mission in Mecca. And the CIA provided tear gas and advice on the ground. At the end, however, it was the role of the French commandos that proved decisive in the final assault on the shrine.

The French commandos were led by Captain Paul Barril (he was later indicted in the Rwandan genocide for supplying arms)

Thirty years on, Mecca mosque siege reverberates | Latest news, Breaking news, Pakistan News, World news, business, sport and multimedia | DAWN.COM

The soldiers were backed by a small team of French commandos, led by the now infamous Lieutenant Paul Barril, and endorsed by a fatwa extracted the highest clerics that it was permissible to shoot the militants inside the sanctum.

What a joke!!! It seems like this thread is opened and the garbage posted so that it can be linked in wiki as a "source".. circular reference. That wiki article is a joke and fanboy stuff. "Looming Tower" was referenced with page numbers and when I go to those pages, there is nothing remotely connected to the subject. The previous version had tariq m. as the commander and it was saudis who abseiled and not SSG. And all those hollywood movie watchers who believe in the absurd story of flooding mosque with water and then giving electricity.... get a life... it is not possible, at least practically.

Why do people feel like lying so blatantly, that too with this much of absurdity? do they really believe? Is their ego hurt so bad or they simply too stupid to understand?

Is it an incident of your life time?

Hey there! What's up? :bounce:

Actually, the author of the book never bothered documenting what took place, nor had he relied on trusted sources. My father was present back in the day. the French personnels were divided into two groups; First the consultative team of whom work in Taif, Second the Commandos of who they were Muslims of North African origins.

Hey there! What's up? :bounce:

Actually, the author of the book never bothered documenting what took place, nor had he relied on trusted sources. My father was present back in the day. the French personnels were divided into two groups; First the consultative team of whom work in Taif, Second the Commandos of who they were Muslims of North African origins.

He mentioned that he spoke to Paul Barril and other French commandos and readily accepts that he could not talk to Saudi soldiers who participated in breaking the Siege but he mentions he spoke to a gunman who was part of the Siege.

Back
Top Bottom