What's new

Govt Crackdown on the Islamabad protesters | Updates & Discussions

South Korea, Japan, and Germany were once communist / facist states. So i'm not surprised the way they were developed. Governments shot those who rejected to work or spoke against them. Malaysia and Turkey are more realistic and have more modern methods of governance. Time has proved Democracy in these two countries achieved tremendous social and economic growth. Now give me a moment to explain, especially about Turkey.

AKP Party of Turkey are criticized for not doing 'enough', face corruption allegations, criticism of crackdowns against protestors, and for rigging elections. (Basically what PTI and PAT are doing now to PML-N)

The not doing 'enough' part is hillarious as in 10 years of consistent governance, Turkish GDP per capita and growth rate doubled. During dictatorships and secular rule there was desperation to be 'European' but overtime majority of people changed their ideology.

There were some allegations from opposition parties when it came to corruption but for some time now people developed trust with the government and rejected politics of 'point scoring' and 'propoganda' as there was no substantial evidence. Crackdown against secular protestors in Gazi Park of Istanbul reminds me of Model Town and what is going on right now in Islamabad. Again majority of people rejected these street politics and and voted for Erdogan once again, a person who sold lemonades on streets as a young kid.

many many incorrect facts, wonder how did you made them up, ignoring all that, Turkey and Malaysia got leaders who built them up, unlike Pakistan who is ruined by dynasty politics of two families who are the ones getting richer and richer, while the country is going down and down !

Bwi0PhBIcAAhckU.png

she herself was not in PTI back then, quitted and rejoined in march I guess.

When I watched this interview, I thought 'Is this the guy we saw on the day Azadi March moved from Kashmir Highway to D-Chowk' and yes it is him. Both the mrs and I were in true aww when we saw him there and praised him for such dedication as he walked fraily. Both he and his wife were drenched in sweat, and walked 4-5kms behind the bus alongside all of us. He's 91!!!!!!! He has been fortunate to meet our Qaid-E-Azam and seen first hand the whole history of Pakistan. If there is one guy we, including Noora fans, should at least listen to without bias, it should be him! & please show some respect instead of abusing him.

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="//Live With Dr. Shahid Masood - 2nd September 2014" allowfullscreen></iframe><br /><a href="
" target="_blank">Live With Dr. Shahid Masood - 2nd September 2014</a> <i>by <a href="Awaz Today - Dailymotion" target="_blank">awaztoday-tv</a></i>

Just coming home now. Lots of anger here from PTI, I assume still no progress for them?

What happened at the NA assembly today? Did they ask for banning of PTI, resignations of COAS and DG ISI as reported by a certain retarded channel?

Just coming home now. Lots of anger here from PTI, I assume still no progress for them?

What happened at the NA assembly today? Did they ask for banning of PTI, resignations of COAS and DG ISI as reported by a certain retarded channel?

LOL. You Americans think this rigged parliament has some sort of moral authority to do anything against PTI? LOL.

Its the script my friend. JH has been hinting at it, without making direct allegations.

1. Government uses force, gets rebuked.
2. Government tries to negotiate, gets told off.
3. Government tries easy approach, gets punched.
4. Government contacts army in exasperation, is told to refrain from using strong tactics. This takes Government to #2 and the cycle keeps repeating like this.

After a few more cycles of this, one day someone will come on PTV with a "Meray Aziz Hamwatno" speech and all the awam, tired of the above sequence, will jump with joy thinking that the latest messiah will solve all problems.

The goal is to keep a knife's edge on the situation in order to coerce NS to agree to limits the exercise of his lawful authority to only what the Army wishes to allow him. If he does not play ball at all will the Army take the drastic last step. A few cases to add the excitement of the gallows may yet ensure NS's co-operation.

Back
Top Bottom