What's new

Govt Crackdown on the Islamabad protesters | Updates & Discussions

TuQ can be a strong ally once PTI is in power, not before. Why? Because I think he can unite different sects in the country. Perhaps, he can be religious or interior minister? I'd have him over ANY other mullah, any day of the week.

Let me ask you can he even become member of parliament under the constitution in place? Religious/ Interior minister yeh phir prime minister tau bad ke bat hay.

But shockingly an intellectual like Ayaz Amir is getting enamored with PAT lately: Dedication, descipline, and a rejection of Wahabbi Islam. But even Ayaz himself suspects that that's because him (Ayaz) getting old. You know how Muslims in Pakistan are: Becoming more and more religious as the innings is ending.

Sectarianism and more sectarianism and that's all.

Pardon me, I didn't get you!

If you were asking if he can win an election? Why not? Other criminals have, so can TuQ. Constitution is not that big of a challenge.

What I wanted to say in my earlier post was that suppose there are elections, IK wins countrywide majority (enough to form a gov) and TuQ wins a few seats, then he can be brought in as religious minister.

Let me ask you can he even become member of parliament under the constitution in place? Religious/ Interior minister yeh phir prime minister tau bad ke bat hay.

Pardon me, I didn't get you!

If you were asking if he can win an election? Why not? Other criminals have, so can TuQ. Constitution is not that big of a challenge.

What I wanted to say in my earlier post was that suppose there are elections, IK wins countrywide majority (enough to form a gov) and TuQ wins a few seats, then he can be brought in as religious minister.

Pal he's a Canadian national and law says no foreigner or dual nationality holder can run for polls. Will he surrender his Canadian nationality?

Obviously he will. Many have before. By the way, dual nationality thing is not that big of a challenge, I personally know many politicians/ministers holding dual citizenships, only thing is that they haven't declared it. Besides, do you think anyone cares in wild-wild Pakistan? Bar becoming the PM, everything else seems to be kosher!

Pal he's a Canadian national and law says no foreigner or dual nationality holder can run for polls. Will he surrender his Canadian nationality?

BwiEVuwIEAEiS_g.jpg
RIP PTI as far as i am concerned.

Obviously he will. Many have before. By the way, dual nationality thing is not that big of a challenge, I personally know many politicians/ministers holding dual citizenships, only thing is that they haven't declared it. Besides, do you think anyone cares in wild-wild Pakistan? Bar becoming the PM, everything else seems to be kosher!

He'll never, he'd rather prefer to set aside the condition in place, exactly what he's doing now. Lets maintain a difference between a minister and a politician, former has to win election to become member or minister. There may be some members who hold dual nationality covertly but this does not mean that the law has permitted them. They will be disqualified the moment their dual nationality is proved.

A few points about TUQ:
1) It is led by a highly educated scholar with dedicated following. His 'Mureeds'. But his mass-appeal is way too low to be a force on his own.
2) TUQ doesn't have anything to lose: Heck, in the mold of suicide bombers they guy has his 'kuffan' handy! He is THAT ready and willing to lose all. Same cannot be said of PTI.
3) Perhaps if JUI and JI were also nascent movements then they too would have had nothing to lose; but they have tasted power--the most potent Aphrodisiac of all--and hence they recognize 'the system'. Like these parties PAT should have learned the ropes, taken its time but PAT wants shortcuts to the same goal: Power.
4) However 'balanced' TUQ sounds he will always be suspect as a leader of a certain sect and will be rejected. In a country where a secular Benazir Bhutto was too often termed a 'Shia' Mr. TUQ is easy to attack.
5) There is NO DOUBT in my mind that PTI and TUQ are incompatible--even more so than PPP vs JI have been for decades. Trucking with TUQ is disaster for PTI.

Mate, trust you me, many are holding it and sitting in NA and PA. TuQ's nationality on the other hand has been widely publicized, therefore, he may have to lose his Canadian one. If he does it or not, is anyones guess.

He'll never, he'd rather prefer to set aside the condition in place, exactly what he's doing now. Lets maintain a difference between a minister and a politician, former has to win election to become member or minister. There may be some members who hold dual nationality covertly but this does not mean that the law has permitted them. They will be disqualified the moment their dual nationality is proved.

The best analysis of the situation in Pakistan was made yesterday on NDTV by Mr. Parthasarathy in which all players in this impasse participated in this TV debate.

It was repeat telecast at 12 midnight between September 1 and 2 anchored by Barkha Dutt. He clearly said the elections were largely free and fair as was reported by internal observers and the allegation about vote rigging is baseless.

Mr. Parthasarathy is an ex Indian envoy to Pakistan .

Mr. Parthasarathy didn't do his job sincerely. He would have found out a valid reason behind allegations had he observed Pakistan's electoral system closely during his stay.

Bro, will the situation become better and more calm next months? How long protesters will stop? Is it safe travel to Pakistan?

@Chak Bamu

Kiddo, it's safe to travel to Pakistan. It always was, minus the sectarian and TTP factor, which is not going to change anytime soon! :D

Bro, will the situation become better and more calm next months? How long protesters will stop? Is it safe travel to Pakistan?

@Chak Bamu

Mate, trust you me, many are holding it and sitting in NA and PA. TuQ's nationality on the other hand has been widely publicized, therefore, he may have to lose his Canadian one. If he does it or not, is anyones guess.

May be I am not denying their presence in parliament, considering loyalties of politicians anything could be a real case.

I have numerous reasons to believe that TUQ won't surrender his nationality. He should have done it by now if he ever had a will.

Ask this question to yourself what made these sissy to become a man? Just three days ago they were all ready to offer everything needed for a good start, it's just ego that has brought us to this point.

Man you don't start something with a wrong, a wrong path leads you to a wrong destination. Adopting a wrong path for a right destination is a stupidity in itself.

PAT is a party that doesn't believe in elections at all... Look at TUQ's agenda.

not a single demand was illegal, and how exactly were we suppose to trust any inquiry under PM Nawaz, when he himself is the main culprit.. and did they show any sincerity to look into 5 other demands of PTI, instead they called protesters terrorists and traitors on the floor, shows alot what they are, and what fate they will bring upon all of us.. they are only going to worse it for us and suck up wealth for themselves from this system..

Man you don't start something with a wrong, a wrong path leads you to a wrong destination. Adopting a wrong path for a right destination is a stupidity in itself.

Exactly.. tell me a single person in the parliament who literary represents your thinking... none cause all of them are feudals and sarmayadar who they represent, not the educated class...

let us give Pakistan a new start, else its all business as usual and they will not bow to our logical talk..they speak lies on the floor and repeatedly say it.. if they represented us, they would speak up for us.

tell you right now, if this is continued, I assure you there wont even be any reforms in electoral system, let alone new faces who Ch Nisar referred as ghus bethiyay !

Back
Top Bottom