What's new

Govt bans airing Geo Super from Pakistan

So instead of banning IPL, how come the govt bans the sports channel itself.

If the govt wanted to, they could have had banned the broadcast of IPL into Pakistan.

if Geo going to telecast IPL , other fears who going to watch tour WI..

it's just a commercial fight ..
take it easy , it will be back after IPL..

huh?????? how did u deduce that, in ipl there r no pakistani players, we will like to watch our team perform then watching a senseless ipl which doesnt even have pak players, very few people watch ipl anyway

Gov has no right to ban !!! Any sports event it aims to show ...

If a private channel bought rights to show the games !!! SHAMEFUL BEHAVIOR by gov they can go and eat dinner but showing games is a problem

Shameful - dictatorship every day I hate this PPP led gov more and more

these private channels they are a headache a nuisance and a security risk
they should all be banned or Govt should buy two of them and scrap the rest
they have their own ulterior motives,aspirations and inclinations which they use to alter and influence the thought process of youth.
one thing that i really hate about these channels is that they will never show programs relating to Pakistani history dating back to the indus civilization
they wont tell about the local culture and traditions of the north or rest of the country but they will portray this hindustani culture in every program
i dont know why but each every single private Pakistani channel has something to do with hindustan in oneway or another...i think their passports should be confiscated and they should be deported to slumdog india where they can dwell till eternity :cheers:

So Pakistanis hate Geo? i never knew that, i can't be asked watching Pakistan news channels anymore or the dreadful cricket commentry both Indians and Pakistani channels have done this World Cup.

So what is good for Pakistan? ARY?

So Pakistanis hate Geo? i never knew that, i can't be asked watching Pakistan news channels anymore or the dreadful cricket commentry both Indians and Pakistani channels have done this World Cup.

So what is good for Pakistan? ARY?

All these channels are good for nothing and above all they are pretty good at spreading profanity in the form of televising vulgar indian programs and songs,------you dont need news channels...you just have to see whats happening around you and then form your opinion

All these channels are good for nothing and above all they are pretty good at spreading profanity in the form of televising vulgar indian programs and songs,------you dont need news channels...you just have to see whats happening around you and then form your opinion

Pakistani people are die heart fan of those Vulgur Indian Programs and Songs !!

these private channels they are a headache a nuisance and a security risk
they should all be banned or Govt should buy two of them and scrap the rest
they have their own ulterior motives,aspirations and inclinations which they use to alter and influence the thought process of youth.
one thing that i really hate about these channels is that they will never show programs relating to Pakistani history dating back to the indus civilization
they wont tell about the local culture and traditions of the north or rest of the country but they will portray this hindustani culture in every program
i dont know why but each every single private Pakistani channel has something to do with hindustan in oneway or another...i think their passports should be confiscated and they should be deported to slumdog india where they can dwell till eternity :cheers:

I read somewhere that Pakistan is a land of slums !!:hang2:

I m surprised how utterly ignorant some of us are on PDF ... Geo is a privatwe channel if u don't like it then don't watch it ... i know besides we don't like when someone shows us the mirror ...rather we blame everything on 'jewish conspiracy' ........ 'enemies of Pakistan ' ... grow up lads .. grow up , No wonder we deserve people like Zardari and channels like PTV or Express TV , who are actively taking part in campaign against Geo /Jang .

I m surprised how utterly ignorant some of us are on PDF ... Geo is a privatwe channel if u don't like it then don't watch it ... i know besides we don't like when someone shows us the mirror ...rather we blame everything on 'jewish conspiracy' ........ 'enemies of Pakistan ' ... grow up lads .. grow up , No wonder we deserve people like Zardari and channels like PTV or Express TV , who are actively taking part in campaign against Geo /Jang .

lol compaign against geo...what is geo some super hero/role model?gay hindustani bullshyt they spread day in and day out

TV often paints itself as the underdog, the scrapper that is crusading against the “all-powerful” President and Prime Minister. Even if this image is laughable in the light of the billions of rupees of tax liabilities that GEO manages to avoid or the fact that it is the home of the most prominent bigots and conspiracy theorists of Pakistan posing as journalists. Anytime questions are raised about its financial improprieties (in terms of Tax avoidance) GEO often makes up smut about the PPP government that last a fortnight and which are then proven to be fake and planted stories. The following link has the amounts owed to the tax authorities by various media houses. Geo tops the list as of June 2010 with Rs 1.8 billion or USD 21 million approximately. Tax defaulters in Pakistani media: E&C Division-V RTO, Karachi. Please note that there is no update on the current outstanding as the government has not come up with the latest figures. One can assume that Rs. 1.8 billion would be close to Rs. 2 billion or USD 23.25 million.

The Indians members are thinking too much of themselves.IPL has nothing to do with this.Geo got the boot rightfully.It is the same organization which owes billions in taxes to Government.

I recommend Dawn News or AajTV.
Both channels have comprehensive coverage and other programs like 'Apna Garebaan' on DN that scrutinizes the media and journalists and 'Kahani Ke Peeche' on Aaj which gives surprise visit to various places to uncover criminal elements and frauds.

Back
Top Bottom