What's new

Govt bans airing Geo Super from Pakistan

Their license got expired and they are now making big dramas. the information is very clear and they are just once again making up fake stories.

i suspect they wana go for IPL crap lolzzz

Jana, that is a pointless argument... What do you mean by licence expired? Yeh koi Student Biryani walay ka licence tha jo renew karna bhool gaya woh? Obviously if it expired the government refused to renew it - effectively what? Banned them!

The drama is not being done to get a new point to raise in public, but its because something illegal is being done by the government - AGAINST Supreme Court orders. Not to forget, the issued letters from the government citing "Lack of security clearance" are there too.

We should all man up and stand for freedom of speech for once. Just because you hear negativity on Geo, its very easy for Pakistanis to escape into this fantasy that the negativity is of Geo's making - they do go a little overboard, but by large its all Pakistan's own doing.

Everybody rejoicing in Geo's loss, fail to understand how ultimately yet again its us Pakistanis who are rejoicing in OUR freedom being curtailed. To an outsider, we must all look like idiots. Actually idiots is not the right term, we're some other ajeeb-o-ghareeb makhlook.

Freedom of speech is always there otherwise neither you or I nor GEO critisizes government (aka zardari) so openly in every sphere.And yes we are really ajeeb o gharib (aka unpredictable) like our cricket team.Can you somtimes give any solution or its just always the conventional old Taqreer.

@Asim:
Geo said in its bulletins that PEMRA did not provide any reason for the "ban".
Even though citing security clearance is pretty lame, a reason was provided and the license expired, not banned like Geo said. With the current authortarian regime in place, one could safely assume that the government has the right to grant licenses or not.
I don't agree with non-renewing for lame reasons, but Geo is blowing it out of proportions and there are other channels that follow better journalistic practices, Dawn being the best (I liked it better in English).

I never watch Geo news. You can tell Geo is sponsered by the enemies of Pakistan.

If you want to get real news from Pakistan watch Ary news channel, Ptv channel, or even Dawn news channel and Express news channel but never watch Geo.

I never watch Geo news. You can tell Geo is sponsered by the enemies of Pakistan.

If you want to get real news from Pakistan watch Ary news channel, Ptv channel, or even Dawn news channel and Express news channel but never watch Geo.

No Dawn News ...

Your government of Pakistan is an enemy of Pakistan... So why blame Geo? Yes there are other channels out there, but since they hold themselves back they often get to ride in Geo's Shadows... The issue here is not whether or not what Geo says or does, its their right to do so.

Geo Super is Jung Groups money making machine and killing the channel will hurt them. They can't control Geo News without attracting international condemnation (they only kind that matters in Pakistan, Pakistani condemnation - khu khaatay main).. So they are now going after Geo Super. Sometimes asking for extraordinary Sales Tax over revenues from the World Cup, sometimes making an issue out of the Dubai uplink.

You don't like Geo, switch the TV off, go watch ARY and Dawn, nobody is stopping you.

unicorn said:
Freedom of speech is always there otherwise neither you or I nor GEO critisizes government (aka zardari) so openly in every sphere.And yes we are really ajeeb o gharib (aka unpredictable) like our cricket team.Can you somtimes give any solution or its just always the conventional old Taqreer.

Taqdeer se samjhota karne se behtar thori taqreer hi karna hota hai...

Solution is simple. Insaan banjao and don't be such a buzdil kaum that is afraid of freedom of speech. This concept of "itni bari baat kardi Geo ne" this has to go. The Press should have the right to present its news. Whether or not its legit, let the people decide. If they screw up often, people themselves will stop watching it. Bari baatein sunnay ki aadat daalo ge toh bari baatein karke bhi dikhao ge".

I thought Geo Super was a Pakistani channel. Why are people calling it a "Jew" channel?

Well i agree, VERY rarely does Geo show anything positive happening in Pakistan. Its always negative propoganda. Nevertheless banning channels without any logical reason is wrong in my opinion.

I find GEO news to be to the point , and its shows a great view of Pakistan , with out any false news. When a person is killed Geo is there, when a poor man is abused GEO is there. They provide latest updates when something is happening in Pakistan

If they report any abuse by gov, I think its right of Pakistani public to really know these items and if needed , protest must be made in order to bring a change.

I think Geo TV is a refreshing voice in Pakistan's curruption sea - and I am quite proud to sponsor its service by being a paid member to its wonderful news channel and if Geo Sports is available in Americas I would be interested to pay full FUND to get their services.

Geo , bring forth a healthy debate, and true - criticization of gov , when its needed!!!

Pamera should be banned - that organization is nothing but problem and created by Politicians to influence Freedom of speech

Aman Ki Asha is a great initiative - and I think its very beautiful in its spirit too bad we have idiots like Kassab that would go and carry out operations across border.

I find out politicians are disgusting - and are not even worth spitting on , GEO presents solid journalism and gov should be ashamed of crushing freedom of expression and news

GEO is becon of light that shows us every day Pakistani the real face of our government of their lies , and how bad the situation is in Pakistan , if it was for our gov they would tell every one there are no killings , and no murders or bomb blasts in Pakistan -

A news channel has to report things as they see it ...

I salute GEO for exposing all these curupt politicians and keeping true journalism alive !!!

PTV SUCKS

I like Geo Super, great for sports. What I do not like is they want a monopoly over all sports. Here in the US NBA, NFL, are showeb by abc, cbs, nbc, espn etc.. Geo wants rights for every sport for just itself and wants to shut out all channels including PTV, ARY etc.

Geo Super Yes, Monopoly No. Need to have a balance. The license should renew with conditions.

No channel want to show sports specially local pakistani sports - this is absolute nonesense

All Pakistani channels are known to show drama , and boring entertainment

Geo is attempting to bring sports which ppl want to watch ... and they have a right to buy rights to show games LEGALLY they money they pay helps promots sports in local Pakistani circuit ... becasue their money goes to sports organizations..

Government has no right to interfere !!!

PAMERA should be banned and closed by Supreme Court

BRING BACK GEO !!!!! We need GEO SPORTS!!! Money they give to sports organization help promote sports in Pakistan

And its our right to see negative face of Pakistani politics with no bias

speak-no-evil_new.jpg

Ar-e Pakistaniyou if you can't donate to sports organization , or buy sports equipment for Pakistani kids at least don't close down organizations that pay MONEY to promote sports thank you -

If the someone is ugly (gov)- watching yourself in mirror shoudl not scare you and our govenment is currupt it will not show a princess when it looks like a witch

Your government of Pakistan is an enemy of Pakistan... So why blame Geo? Yes there are other channels out there, but since they hold themselves back they often get to ride in Geo's Shadows... The issue here is not whether or not what Geo says or does, its their right to do so.

Geo Super is Jung Groups money making machine and killing the channel will hurt them. They can't control Geo News without attracting international condemnation (they only kind that matters in Pakistan, Pakistani condemnation - khu khaatay main).. So they are now going after Geo Super. Sometimes asking for extraordinary Sales Tax over revenues from the World Cup, sometimes making an issue out of the Dubai uplink.

You don't like Geo, switch the TV off, go watch ARY and Dawn, nobody is stopping you.

Taqdeer se samjhota karne se behtar thori taqreer hi karna hota hai...

Solution is simple. Insaan banjao and don't be such a buzdil kaum that is afraid of freedom of speech. This concept of "itni bari baat kardi Geo ne" this has to go. The Press should have the right to present its news. Whether or not its legit, let the people decide. If they screw up often, people themselves will stop watching it. Bari baatein sunnay ki aadat daalo ge toh bari baatein karke bhi dikhao ge".

@ Asim, Dude..... we may have confronted each other and may have argued over many issues here but I can't agree with you more on your POV. :tup:
Things turns scary & future starts wearing dead look when we starts rejoicing curtailment of our own hard fought freedom (of speech).

Here goes my 1st Thanks for you & yes.....I am an Indian & this one is for a Pakistani who stood out for Truth & Courage..!!!

if Geo going to telecast IPL , other fears who going to watch tour WI..

it's just a commercial fight ..
take it easy , it will be back after IPL..

Back
Top Bottom