What's new

Govt approves construction of 7 stealth frigates, 6 nuclear-powered submarines

Excellent news, the only concern would be time frame.

The problem is that still they do not want to come of that old era of public sector. Why do not they invite open tender but give that to Garden ship yard and Mazgaon dock?

Submarine too should be build by private sector such as pipa vav and L & T.

So this is our future plan by 2025

3 SSBNS Arihant class + 3 More optional . As far as I know we will go for another 7 advanced SSBNs. Much powerful and stealthy Arihant class

6 Scorpions diesel electric submarines +3 more optional

6 New Stealthy submarine under P75 projects May be of Russians or German with Vertically launched Bramos cruise missile

6 SSN Nuclear Attack submarine . My assumption is that it will be based on Arihant class but with conventional Missiles About 6000 -9000 T . Because I don't belive Arihant is just 6000 T . It's much bigger than that .

Atleast 6-10 of old upgraded Submarines from the present fleet ..

Two Russian nuclear beast on the lease . This lease won't see an end . We will keep renewing for the next 50 years :partay:

Under water capability worries is been addressed in a big way . Thank you Modi Gi :smitten:

With P8I, new submarines hunter helicopters ASW and coverts . :cheers:

Atlast its true.
Best news of the year !
happy.jpg

3 SSBNS Arihant class + 3 More optional . As far as I know we will go for another 7 advanced SSBNs. Much powerful and stealthy Arihant class

6 New Stealthy submarine under P75 projects May be of Russians or German with Vertically launched Bramos cruise missile

6 SSN Nuclear Attack submarine . My assumption is that it will be based on Arihant class but with conventional Missiles About 6000 -9000 T . Because I don't belive Arihant is just 6000 T . It's much bigger than that .

Two Russian nuclear beast on the lease . This lease won't see an end . We will keep renewing for the next 50 years :partay:

Under water capability worries is been addressed in a big way . Thank you Modi Gi :smitten:

Be realistic, SSNs will only get approved after 3-4 years.5-6 years minimum for construction(this is 6000 ton).That means first one will only surface by 2024-25.
There will never be more than 6 SSBNs.
There will not be additional scorpions.
P75I will not have VL.

Atlast its true.
Best news of the year !
happy.jpg

Be realistic, SSNs will only get approved after 3-4 years.5-6 years minimum for construction(this is 6000 ton).That means first one will only surface by 2024-25.
There will never be more than 6 SSBNs.
There will not be additional scorpions.
P75I will not have VL.

P75 will not have bramos ? :o:

Holy crap, once all this is done we will have one kick *** submarine fleet. I am glad the govt. is not focusing its efforts on Underwater capabilities. I am assuming the whole process will take 6-7 years.

I think we should also concentrate on nuke powered cruisers of more than 10000 tonnage.

Apart from that we need to indigenize each and every tech. available there and start manufacturing here.

Numbers are also important !

The SSNs will more likely to be 5000 tonnes class, more likely to be the size, if not slightly smaller than Arihant TD. India earlier envisioned SSN, but the design was later changed to SSBN because of demand and threat perception.

Once all these done fleet would look something like this:
3 Aircraft Carriers.
4 LPDs.
14 AESA stealth warships( Project 15A+15B+17A).
12 other stealth warships all with Brahmos ( not counting oldies as they will retire by then).
6 SSNs.
12-15 SSKs( majority equipped with AIP).
3 SSBN + other follow on Arihant class( number is not specified.
12 ASW corvettes ( Kamorta+ follow on kamorta as planned).
16 light ASW corvettes( 700 ton class).
6 Missile vessels ( 2000 ton class corvette).
Number of missile boats( number is not specified).

This with number of other auxiliary vessels like tankers and all.

Back
Top Bottom