What's new

Govt and TTP agree to Ceasefire

The sources further said that for details to the national and international media and to perform as observers, two prominent journalists are also to be among the peace talkers but their names were still kept secret.

Saleem Safi is definitely one of them.

Govt won't hand taliban Musharraf, the army won't let that happen. Remember this is one of the key demands of taliban.

i dont think that Zaid Hamid is be happy now. i think he want to kill himself.:laughcry: what u will discuss about taliban ?

col2.gif

We need a Marcus Licinius Crassus or a Al-Hajjaj ibn Yusuf to deal with TTP !!! :butcher:

Dou you guys agree? @jaibi @Alpha1

Last edited by a moderator:
True. Pakistan Army simply cannot be trusted. They'll sacrifice anything for the dollar, even East Pakistan, Siachin Glacier and probably the Tribal Areas.

As if TTP who have a taste for human blood and meat are anymore trustworthy!

We need a Marcus Licinius Crassus or a Al-Hajjaj ibn Yusuf to deal with TTP !!! :butcher:

Dou you guys agree? @jaibi @Alpha1

I agree that we need a strong military man to deal a decisive blow to the TTP and a strong civilian counterpart who will deal the more urgent blow against their economic backbone (which will also see the pockets of our mafia and politicians drained so it needs someone great). That is the only way this cancer goes away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Taliban release eight abducted employees of Gomal Zam dam

14 September 2013

PESHAWAR: Eight employees of the Gomal Zam Dam project were released Saturday, almost a year after they were kidnapped by Pakistani Taliban militants in South Waziristan tribal region.

A spokesman for the Governor house in Peshawar confirmed all eight workers had been released.

The project workers – Sub-Divisional Officer Shahid Ali Khan, Sub-Engineer Sanaullah, four security personnel and two other staffers – were kidnapped on August 15, 2012 while they were travelling to Tank from the dam site in South Waziristan.

A month after their kidnapping, a faction of the banned Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) released a video of the abducted employees pleading to the government to fulfill the militants' demands and arrange for their safe release.

The release took place in South Waziristan region on Saturday after successful negotiations between a tribal jirga (council) and the militants.

A Taliban spokesman said the eight men were released as a “goodwill gesture” from the militants.

The incident comes two days after the government inaugurated the dam in South Waziristan’s militancy-ravaged Khajori Katch area on Thursday.

Taliban release eight abducted employees of Gomal Zam dam - DAWN.COM

Pakistani Government and the Pakistani Military officially recognised and heavily supported the Taliban Government between 1996 to 2001.

and Where will you fit the murder of 50,000 of your brethren in the puzzle for Taliban and Pakistan to work together ? :azn:

I asked this question to another supporter of these peace talks but I didn't get a straight answer, so I'll ask again from these supporters of the so called peace talks.

What about the 40k Pakistanis killed by these animals? Do their relatives have the right to arm themselves since this government is getting ready to capitulate to these barbarians? Will we get politicians apologetics like Imran Khan/Jamati/Diesel? I want an answer please.

Apart from what the other Commentators above said, I also believe that there is some kind of external Pressure on Takfiris, Viz-a-Viz Haqqanis and Afghan Taliban led by Mullah Omer, to end hostility with Pakistani state.

Expect a drone strike,on whoever signs the ceasefire. Americans don't want peace for Pakistan,though they want it for themselves.

is pakistan airforce name of a teddy bear?

My dear what about that collateral damage this war has caused on both sides?
Pakistan Army some times kills many of it's own people,sometimes our airforce strike kills own people,sometime a drone comes and kills innocents,

so we must stop all this...This war is actually causing chaos, not solely talibans mind it!

im not pro-taliban,neither do i consider them to be on right path,
im just saying that this war is endless,one innocent is killed it makes 10 others become terrorists,
we fought this war over 10 years and now we have realised its going in wrong way, this is insane. In my candid opinion, we started this war as per american direction as they wanted us to fight, now they are moving out so we are ending it here. Either we should have never started this war and if once started then should finish it ( Srilanka is one example, it took them 30 years to end this)
negotiations won't bring anything good, you are making them more strong, this would be our biggest mistake mind you
i know faujis are also fed up of this war

Back
Top Bottom