What's new

Governor Punjab, Salman Taseer, Killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not find murder, or your post for that matter, a laughing matter at all.

im laughing at your words and wits, that pakistani is some how in difficult position in absence of this corrupt person..

More then 90% People of Pakistan support these Blasphemy laws , Who you are to call these Laws black laws ...?

I would like to see the basis of your claim my dear friend.

Simple fact is, more than half of our population cannot read or write, they are illiterate. I suppose you have never been to inner sindh, Balochistan, southern Punjab or the northern areas. You will be shocked at their ignorance about the basics of religion.

It was two uniformed men who attacked him, the reason, his support for an innocent Christian lady called Asia.

I cant beleive this.

How you can say she is innocent. Court of your own motherland has found her guilty of the Blasphemy, and I think the case still going on in upper court, though I don't know the details. If someone has commited blasphemy against our beloved prophet he/she must be punished and if somebody has some objections about the law they must sit with the leaders from all walks of life and try to find out an amicable solution to it. But the Blasphemy law is not going anywhere. Pakistan Muslims as otehr Muslims will protect this law with their blood and it's oponents will be defeated, Insha Allah.

i dont understand that taseer has been the victim of his own policies, i-e less securtiy in lahore which resulted in lahore attacks, or the srilankan cricket team attacks, where he some how found the scape goat.. still people are shaming over his death..

now will he find the scape goat now??, will he??

may be this murder is a step towards a bloody revolution or may be this murder have sum political reasons we cant say anything rite nw . wht ever happend its not in interest of pakistan

I say keep the blasphemy laws. By changing the blasphemy laws, Pakistan will only create more problems, more headache, and more tensions between Pakistanis and we have enough of that already.

:agree::agree::agree:

These are as good laws as legislation against murder, terrorist, robbery and fraud acts. We find many people getting implicated wrong due to many reasons. I totally agree to you point of view. Why not to look for improvements in implementation of laws cause all are used or misused by mighty ones equally without discrimination of religion .

all in all, this is a regrettable incident....no matter what personal feelings one had for such people, you can't really be irrational here. and while we are taught to uphold and respect the laws, I would be slightly bold and adventerous by saying i would stand 100% behind taseer on this one matter the blasphemy law is a pathetic law and brings great shame to our country (in my opinion) RIP to him and may God bring comfort to his family and loved ones......this would be the second biggest blow to this PPP govt. in less than a week
By your standards this is VERY adventurous. You have a pattern, AZ: no matter what the problem is, and despite your intellectual gifts, you advocate doing little or nothing to help solve Pakistan's ills.

A governor has been murdered! Can't you be more bold and come up with something stronger and more constructive than empty and meaningless sympathy?

im laughing at your words and wits, that pakistani is some how in difficult position in absence of this corrupt person..

Because you are looking at it very narrowly: Salman Taseer the person.

Look at it from a broader perspective: as the governor of the largest province of a nuclear state, as a political leader, as a public figure who spoke out about reforming certain laws, whose murder is another indication that Pakistan is heading for disaster on multiple levels.

Only then will you find that my words are serious indeed.

Mullah ka Islam Zinda bad

Is he the same guy who said..s
"So Facebook the social networking site started by a 26 year old has been valued at $50bn Same as our foreign debt"

Violence and bloodshed anywhere and for any purpose should be condemned.

Having said that, each and every country has soverign right to enact laws however these are considered unjust by others. For example see anti-minatret law in Switserland, anti-Burka laws in France, etc. and pro-hindu judgement on Babari mosque case in India.

Second point: Do muslims make utterances againt Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Bhuddist or Sikh religious personalities/leaders anywhere in the world? If yes, then can anyone quote examples. Why some people comment on our prophet Muhammad (PBUM)? Just to offend Muslims?

Pakitsan has its laws to protect Muslim sentiments, which may not be perfect . However, has PPP government or any other group put forward proposals to reform or to prohibit misuse of Anti-Blasphemey Act during last 10 years? It is easy to play politics than to put concrete proposals.

Because you are looking at it very narrowly: Salman Taseer the person.

Look at it from a broader perspective: as the governor of the largest province of a nuclear state, as a political leader, as a public figure who spoke out about reforming certain laws, whose murder is another indication that Pakistan is heading for disaster on multiple levels.

Only then will you find that my words are serious indeed.

he was just a governor of one province, can be easily removed nothing else..

well mr, PPP has surely other person to replace him easily.. the strength of leader is how he controls his position his accomplishments and not just mere position, u r just crying for a person who gave official statements against some islamic law.. nothing else..

My college was very near to GHQ and when ever ex-president musharaaf used that road obviously many soldiers were deployed 3-4 hours before he arrived. Almost 60-70 of the soldiers were not happy with him ( it may be a co-incidence but they were on duty protecting him).

I understand why soldiers or policemen deputed enroute of any VIP will not be happy doing what they are supposed to. But this guy was sitting in the Governor's car with a loaded AK-47. There should be a stricter process to short-list and select personal body-guards.

Pakistani people don't need blasphemy law. Majority are Muslims so who will say anything against our beloved prophet(P.B.U.H)? Everyone knows the consequences. At first i was only in favour of some amendments but now i say that scrap this law altogether.

Secondly There is no proof that Asia bibi did say anything against the prophet(P.B.U.H) so tell me how come you are calling her a blasphemer?

She has been "CONVICTED" by the law of the land of Pakistan, sentenced passed, go tell that to the judge that u dont agree with this judegment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom