What's new

Government scraps Al Jazeera’s security clearance

Lol... Calling India fascist. If ever there was a nutcase amongst countries Pakistan qualifies in everything.

Youtube banned.
Nicklodeon banned.
Hamid Mir was attacked due to negative coverage he had given to Army/ISI.
Protsst issued to the Dutch embassy for some caricature competition in some obscure corner in Netherlands.
Padman banned, as your society is not mature enoighto handle sanitary pads.

The list can go on and on ... Want me keep posting more and more of your imbecility.
comparing crubs on journalism with shitty bollywood movies only an Indian can do that

What does Communism or Democracy has to do with sovereignty of a nation?
so your sovereignty feels threaten when someone shows her real maps?she is pretty insecure well she is Indian after all our own channels show wrong maps all the time (Geo did) we didnt threatened them or scrapped their licences

comparing crubs on journalism with shitty bollywood movies only an Indian can do that
Its collectively called MEDIA... Joutnalism is just another part of it.

Al Jazeera is barred due to poor and BIASED journalism. You cant keep on parroting lies to the world without a blowback.

so your sovereignty feels threaten when someone shows her real maps?she is pretty insecure well she is Indian after all our own channels show wrong maps all the time (Geo did) we didnt threatened them or scrapped their licences
In India the 'real' map of India is what Indian government approves. Other maps are illegal in India.

As I said, their country, their laws.

In India the 'real' map of India is what Indian government approves. Other maps are illegal in India.

is there also a law about photos of butcher of Gujrat?
i wonder how is that different from Noko

That has nothing to do with this discussion, do not derail it. Do not move goal posts. I give your own image back to you.

q1cyilh-jpg.493946

LOL!! Care to explain why mighty Pak Army (winner of all war) blocked GIO TV and couple of other before Pak election??
OR
Pak army blocking was in support to Media freedom????:hitwall::hitwall:
Media censorship should be stopped. They tell the truth its their job. Let them do their job!

International Journalists organization must take heed to it.

Incorrect Kashmir Map and False Documentary forces Govt. to scrap Al Jazeera’s security clearance
Friday, August 24, 2018
By: ET

Source Link: Click Here

The government has withdrawn the Al Jazeera English television channel’s security clearance, without which it will need to stop broadcasting in the country. While no explanation was given, sources told ET the decision stemmed from the broadcast of a documentary about militancy in Kashmir that was deemed as being biased.

The fate of the network, which is still on air, now depends on the home ministry’s ruling on a petition by the channel seeking a review, top officials said. For a channel to broadcast content in India, it needs security clearance from the home ministry while the information and broadcasting ministry gives the broadcasting licence.

According to official documents, the security clearance was given by the home ministry on December 3, 2010 and withdrawn on May 29, 2018. Al Jazeera English is run by AJI International Pvt Ltd. Al Jazeera English executives declined to comment. There was no response from the home ministry to the queries. The channel told the government in its representation that the documentary on militant networks in Kashmir devoted a substantial 10 minutes to the central government’s efforts and the views of its officials.

This was in the complete version of the documentary but was missed by home ministry officials in the edited version presented to them, the channel said.

This is not the first time Al Jazeera is facing trouble in India.

In 2015, the channel was suspended for five days because it showed an incorrect map of India with respect to Jammu and Kashmir. Al Jazeera was suspended because it was a repeat offence, an official said. The channel showed a blank screen for five days with a message to this effect: “As instructed by the ministry of information and broadcasting, this channel will not be available from 00.01 hours on April 22 till 00.01hours on April 27, 2015.”

India has given 867 private satellite TV channels permission for uplinking and downlinking content, according to government figures until June. Permissions for 236 have been withdrawn due to various reasons such as the channel owner seeking cancellation, non-operationalisation of the channel, non-submission of documents and other reasons.

Permissions for 147 channels were cancelled between 2015 and June 2018. Eighteen channels including ABC News, Voice of Nation, Focus NE TV, Jhankar News, Maa TV, Bhakti Sagar, M Tunes, Lemon News and their subsidiary channels have been denied licences over security reasons.

According to sources, the government is keen to call out and prevent any adverse reporting on Kashmir by foreign media outlets. In May, the external publicity division of ministry of external affairs (MEA) sent letters to foreign journalists reminding them that they require prior permission to travel to certain areas under the Foreigners (Protected Areas) Order, 1958. These include Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim and parts of Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir and Rajasthan.

In 2015, the home ministry denied security clearance to 33 channels of the Kalanithi Maran-promoted Sun TV network on the grounds that they had an “adverse impact on economic security” of the country. The Sun TV network, however, moved court to get the clearances restored. Al Jazeera English is an offshoot of the Qatar-based Arabic Al Jazeera channel, which has often been a target of ire in the Middle East. It’s been described as one of the factors in the ongoing Saudi Arabia-led blockade of Qatar.
Freedom of speech that infian on this forum talk a lot about.....typical

post list or go home

Why would i.... Just tell me if you would Quit the forum if i Show you !!???

you're living a imaginary life... you've no idea about the crackdown on media by Pakistan military and regime. go read about it and come back.... i hope you're not a kid, so i don't have to feed you everything

Last edited:
To me it appears the latest of Identity Crisis in Pakistan. They have issue with name India because it hurts their 'Indus River' and 'Indus Valley Civilization' identity. You see it is like this :

1. First it was 'Pak' mulk Identity and Jinnah Identity in 47 and so.
2. Then came "Pakistan ka Matlab Kya..." identity.
3. Then came ummah identity and 'Arabic root'. The biradar islamia era.
4. Now is the Indus Valley claim. They are crying in front of anyone who will listen that how they are the 'Real Indus Valley Civilization' claimant and India should be disassociated with it from history text books.

Their biggest issue is that they want an Identity but they are afraid if it gets linked with India in anyway. Hence they do all this gymnastics. They call India 'Gangadesh' because otherwise India will swallow the Indus identity.

Its like your retarded cousin who think that he is a unicorn --at an age of 71 none the less-- because a beign human and your family member is too 'mainstream'.

They do not even like the identity of Indus, the idea is to deny India for the right to its own civilization.

They do not even like the identity of Indus, the idea is to deny India for the right to its own civilization.

It’s not India’s own civilization so shut the bull shit India wants to be apart of everything -

well you can have largest open shiiters in the world title and the most rapist per capita title any other right we are denying you off

LOL!! Care to explain why mighty Pak Army (winner of all war) blocked GIO TV and couple of other before Pak election??
OR
Pak army blocking was in support to Media freedom????:hitwall::hitwall:
nobody blocked anyone like NDTV was blocked in yr country, yr misinformed.

Anyways Pakistan's media has been very free even more then yrs or even America's whose own pres. calls its mainstream media outlets ''fake news''

Nor r Journalist being killed here like Shujaah Bukhari etc etc

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom