What's new

Government clears posting of 40,000 soldiers along China border

HK Indian MBT

Reaction score
Government clears posting of 40,000 soldiers along China border

New Delhi: The Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) today gave the much-awaited clearance for raising a Mountain Strike Corps.

The battalion will comprise 40,000 additional soldiers to counter China's military strength, sources said. It will cost Rs. 64,000 crore, to be spent over a seven year period, and will empower India's military with an offensive capability against China, so far been missing from its armoury.

The Strike Corps will be headquarted at Panagarh in West Bengal.
Apart from two more mountain divisions, the Strike Corps will have an independent armoured brigade, an artillery brigade.

The Indian Air Force or IAF too will deploy its newly-acquired medium lift C-130 J Hercules Transport Aircraft designed for aiding special operations.

India already has three Strike Corps: Division 1 is based in Mathura, Division 2 in Ambala and Division 21 is in Bhopal. However, all of them are ranged against Pakistan and are equipped for desert and plains warfare.

The planned expansion of military capacity is first such addition since 2009 when India decided to raise two mountain divisions in the north-east.

Each division with 15,000 soldiers is now fully formed and functional at Lekhapani and Missamari in Assam, at the foothills of Arunachal Pradesh.

Please Merge this thread if it already posted MoD ;)

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/government-clears-posting-of-40-000-soldiers-along-china-border-393567?pfrom=home-lateststories

well,atlast..but If it is only me,or others too think so that Assam would be better option for Headquarter???I mean no harm to bengal,as I'm myself from Bengal,but should it not be that Headquarter should be more closer to China border???but one thing for sure,C-17s and C-130s(I thought these were for special ops only) will give them a great advantage..now,waiting for M-777 and Chinooks.. :cheers:

And do what? Do bhagra? :lol:

Without an effective, clear-cut, robust counter-attack policy coupled with crippling shortage of weapons and logistical equipment to exceed our enemy's capabilities, these 40,000 men are sitting ducks.

Our soldiers get attacked, they are not allowed to kill in retaliation; our shepherds get beaten up, the soldiers' hands are tied by the pathetic MOD rules; Our infrastructure gets violated, there is no response from MOD except for a stupid ceremonial 'protest'.

Who is this stupid ministry trying to fool?

We have no doubts on our men but the vermin that create road-blocks for them from a federal level are a real threat.

One more thing;

Why the heck doesn't the military station these battalions in the bordering states?

All the important Corps till noware either in places like Mathura, WB or someplace else.

Why not Arunachal, Sikkim, Ladakh, Himachal and Uttarakhand?

Only this division has been placed in Assam and 'foothills' of AP. Why not frontlines? Why have this cowardly pacifist policy?

The borders should be most heavily armed.

we should focus only on China...in couple of years, Af will be able to take on Pakistan...:lol:

afhganistan would required weapon from like tejas 10 squadran lch couple of squadran rudra another couple dhruv arjun tank 100 plus prithvi missile pinaka to take on pakistan armed forces that will take atleast decade and half in near term

Whilst I think all this "China-watch" reporting is pure, out and out, BS- at least this "boogeyman" is being used smartly by the Indian military to get their purchases through!

Whilst I think all this "China-watch" reporting is pure, out and out, BS- at least this "boogeyman" is being used smartly by the Indian military to get their purchases through!

Scaremongering to push through weapons purchases is fine and understandable.

There is however a risk that it will turn into a self-fulfilling prophecy,and through uncontrolled escalation may result in a war that is entirely unnecessary and avoidable.

There is however a risk that it will turn into a self-fulfilling prophecy,and through uncontrolled escalation may result in a war that is entirely unnecessary and avoidable.
Sir, you're absolutely correct. And given the Indian media's utter lack of professionalism and sensationalist tenancies (on the whole)- this is a very real threat if Indian military officials lay it on a bit too thick. However, one thing going for the Indian govt is that they have proven they are able to withstand domestic war-mongering and can seek out a peaceful solution to most issues.

Citizens in both nations need to stay informed and vigilant so as to seek a peaceful path for both nations.

50,000 ya 1,000,000 ho
India will still cower infront of China

we should focus only on China...in couple of years, Af will be able to take on Pakistan...:lol:

China can backhand India like a moisquito...
1962 didnt give you a lesson?
Better focus on aleviating the dire situations that are haunting your country today before trying to act tough...

And on Afghanistan taking on Pakistan.. That country is controlled by Pakistan.
And even if something does happen between Af-Pak, don't cry when Pakistan retaliates backon your civilians. ;) (If China isn't already in New Delhi by then)

50,000 ya 1,000,000 ho
India will still cower infront of China

China can backhand India like a moisquito...
1962 didnt give you a lesson?
Better focus on aleviating the dire situations that are haunting your country today before trying to act tough...

And on Afghanistan taking on Pakistan.. That country is controlled by Pakistan.
And even if something does happen between Af-Pak, don't cry when Pakistan retaliates backon your civilians. ;) (If China isn't already in New Delhi by then)

You're a sick and twisted soul. The acceptance on this site by the Mods of you and your posts/views constitutes to baffle me.

Well.....the Chinese have helped with the incursions. Nothing focuses the mind more. There won't be an Indian politician who would anymore dare suggest that China is not a threat. Maybe that should have crossed Chinese minds.

You're a sick and twisted soul. The acceptance on this site by the Mods of you and your posts/views constitutes to baffle me.

If India supports terror groups (+Afghan Army) in Afghanistan that attack Pakistan then dont be surprised if Pakistan retaliats

Back
Top Bottom