What's new

Gorkha strike disrupts life in India's Darjeeling hills

I'm with our Gurkha brothers with this one, they have the right for a separate state or with greater autonomy within the state.

They don't want autonomy. They want to get rid of that old hag causing problems.

It'd be so nice if they migrate to Sikkim. Here we already have so many gorkhas.

I have no objection if they contain their demand within three hill districts- Darjeeling, Kalimpong and Karsiang. But, they want areas where they are recent migrants and still in minority. Smaller states are good for administration but the question is how small? Gorkhaland will never be a self-sustained territory; it will always have to lookes at Bengal. BTW, there are so many ethnic groups in India; if a state is given to each of them there will be several hundred states in India.

There are States. States will have divisions. Divisions have districts. And below districts you have sub-districts. Sub districts are called various things in different states.

Hope this clarifies things? These are mainly administrative in nature.

So i guessed right
It's all Indian English Confusion......

Sorry to say this but your Username perfectly describes your state of mind. instead of constructive thoughts all your are quiet the opposite.
let me guess , you still have yet to come out of your teens? it happens !!!!

By payback he meant for 93', 99', 03', 08' etc.

Oh look.. we got another one clinging on to the straw here. We are not talking about geo-politics of the world. It's Indian internal geopolitical issue where a 'state' is regarded as a province. So.. when you debate about India it's rather advisable to understand the context of terminology before you start jizzin in you pants!!

Well i don't need studying Indian English before debating.............
You people should have mentioned that you call province as state and i am unaware of any such your internal issues so rather than being odd you should have treated well........:pop:

In India , province is called a state .

The gorkhas want their own state carved out from WB called Gorkhaland . The issue has now found steam with the decision to raise another state Telengana from Andhra Pradesh .

that's what called supportive rather than being :pissed:...........
well Thanks dude

ya,and he needs no such definition for writing post 16 right?? and when u post a thread u read the source and know what it is about.. and not act as an ignorant..

and this member is definitely not an alien to our issues.. have seen his posts and thread before..

chor yar tu q dil galata hai..........
Let dogs bark alone........:thinktank:

Well i don't need studying Indian English before debating.............
You people should have mentioned that you call province as state and i am unaware of any such your internal issues so rather than being odd you should have treated well........:pop:

You need to look at the context of the article before posting. It was not Indians who started this thread.

State divisions on ethnic lines is the first step towards a political annexation.

For all non indians, look past their sh*t shoveling and bravado, this is proof of the direction the remote parts of India are heading towards.

30 years cultivation period and these same states will request to become a separate entity.

Future of India is very bleak, these people have been and still are neglected by state and there will be repercussions.

Good news for everyone who wants peace in the region.

State divisions on ethnic lines is the first step towards a political annexation.

For all non indians, look past their sh*t shoveling and bravado, this is proof of the direction the remote parts of India are heading towards.

30 years cultivation period and these same states will request to become a separate entity.

Future of India is very bleak, these people have been and still are neglected by state and there will be repercussions.

Just as ignorant as ever. All our states are based along ethnic and linguistic lines from day one dimwit! :rofl: "$hit shoveling" seems to be your forte.
@kaykay @Kloitra Please inform our dimwitted friend here on what lines West Bengal, Jharkhand, Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Nagaland etc. were created. :cuckoo:

Unlike a certain other nation we don't deny ethnic expressions and linguistic freedoms- because we aren't held by the skin of the teeth by some tepid religious nationalism and ergo do not require such banal restrictions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just as ignorant as ever. All our states are based along ethnic and linguistic lines from day one dimwit! :rofl: "$hit shoveling" seems to be your forte.
@kaykay @Kloitra Please inform our dimwitted friend here on what lines West Bengal, Jharkhand, Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Nagaland etc. were created. :cuckoo:

Unlike a certain other nation we don't deny ethnic expressions and linguistic freedoms- because we aren't held by the skin of the teeth by some tepid religious nationalism and ergo do not require such banal restrictions.

Nationalism is something you can't teach to the 600 million who do not even have access to a toilet.

I wonder if their "ethnic expressions" and "lingustic freedoms" teaches them how to go to the toilet without actually using a toilet.

Remote areas are heading towards accession, this has been an ongoing process for a very long time.

Nationalism is something you can't teach to the 600 million who do not even have access to a toilet.

I wonder if their "ethnic expressions" and "lingustic freedoms" teaches them how to go to the toilet without actually using a toilet.

Remote areas are heading towards accession, this has been an ongoing process for a very long time.

Ya an ongoing process of 70+ years.:cuckoo:

Toilets and nationalism, such a coherent mix. :omghaha: I hear its harder to teach nationalism to firkawari, suicide vest wearing mullahs. :omghaha: And to soldiers who sit by as a whole prison gets ransacked in the middle of a town by 100+ terrorists and don't even manage to kill more than 2-3 of them.
@Hyperion @Armstrong @Secur Please tell me this not the general quality of your educated populace, a person who cannot differentiate between the creation of a new state within the union and secession, are you folks sure that you're educational institutions are equipping your young bucks with at least minimal comprehension capabilities. :cuckoo:

Man this guy has got serious issues!! Probably he's frustrated with the things presently going on in his country and trying to bring Indian in the same category for the self-satisfaction. Problem here is Ideology and I am sure no matter how you will explain it, he won't understand because our Ideologies are different.

Menace2reality eh??

so what is nationalism?? Talking like a dumb for the sake of argument?? Go care about your country first which is in worst condition possible.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom