Golden Dragon Bus Around the World

AndrewJin

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
We are not worse than BYD!

A friend of mine is a senior salesman of Golden Dragon(Xiamen Golden Dragon Bus Co.,Ltd). I was authorised to use his photos he took when he was selling buses and coaches in Africa, and he also sent me an English brochure. I'd like to share with you some of his own stories and technological details about Golden Dragon.

p.s. For all Chinese members here, you may get perplexed about 苏州金龙/厦门金龙/厦门金旅. These three companies all belong to Xiamen King Long Motor Group Co., Ltd. We call the first one Suzhou King Long(Higer bus), the second one Big King Long(King Long Bus) and the last one Little King Long(Golden Dragon Bus). All the following information is about Golden Dragon Bus which has competitive relations with another two.
屏幕快照 2015-03-16 17.47.51.png
屏幕快照 2015-03-16 17.13.30.png

Xiamen King Long Motor Group Co., Ltd
屏幕快照 2015-03-16 17.58.04.png
屏幕快照 2015-03-16 18.04.11.png

Global Market
屏幕快照 2015-03-16 18.26.01.png
屏幕快照 2015-03-16 18.25.40.png

Innovation & New Energy
屏幕快照 2015-03-16 18.01.50.png

屏幕快照 2015-03-16 18.02.39.png

Last edited:
We are not worse than BYD!

A friend of mine is a senior salesman of Golden Dragon(Xiamen Golden Dragon Bus Co.,Ltd). I was authorised to use his photos he took when he was selling buses and coaches in Africa, and he also sent me an English brochure. I'd like to share with you some of his own stories and technological details about Golden Dragon.

p.s. For all Chinese members here, you may get perplexed about 苏州金龙/厦门金龙/厦门金旅. These three companies all belong to Xiamen King Long Motor Group Co., Ltd. We call the first one Suzhou King Long(Higer bus), the second one Big King Long(King Long Bus) and the last one Little King Long(Golden Dragon Bus). All the following information is about Golden Dragon Bus which has competitive relations with another two.
View attachment 203206 View attachment 203204
View attachment 203216View attachment 203217

Global Market
View attachment 203220

Innovation & New Energy
View attachment 203221

Nice, thanks bro!
Did you get my PM? A friend of mine is asking the details, quotes, etc. Pls add me in Q,

When People See Poor Infrastructures
We See Huge Opportunities

Republic of Sierra Leone, Africa
屏幕快照 2015-03-16 15.43.15.png

Outdated Ashok Leyland
ashok leyland.png

I will put more faith in BYD electric bus. With China and rest of the world going green. 0% emission will be the future route!
They have it too. BYD is private, Golden Dragon is state-owned. They are all competitive along with several other Chinese bus giants like, Yutong and Huanghai.
Plus 100% electric bus has some limitations, like road condition. Hybrid bus is also promising.

No Hyundai or Mitsubishi
Last year not a single Hyundai or Mitsubishi bus/coach was sold in the market I was in charge of.
Our price was much higher than TATA bus. But anyone who has ever seen its bus transmission when the bus drives more than 30,000km will never buy another one.

(Photos of transmissions not uploaded due to no consent from the local Sierra Leonean agent who took them, as to protect his rights if TATA knows his photos)

Broken-down Hyundai in Chad, waiting for the Korean maintenance thousands of miles away.
乍得,趴窝的现代.jpg

Last edited:
Amazing pictures, my friend @AndrewJin .

As far as I know, although BYD seems more popular overseas, it is King Long that takes the lion's share in China's domestic market.

But, apparently, King Long, too, has a very strong presence overseas:

Coach,Police Van,China Coach Manufacturer

King Long started implementation of its international marketing strategy in 2000. After more than ten years of exploration in overseas markets, King Long buses have been sold to five continents including Asia, Oceania, South America, Africa and Europe, serving users in over 100 countries and regions, and King Long takes the lead to enter 12 EU countries, such as Germany, UK, Italy, France and Malta. King Long ranks the second place in terms of new bus share in Italy's tourist bus market and has a market share over 70% in Malta's public transit bus market.

King Long took the lead to enter the EU market early in 2005, and has successively established brand marketing and service agencies in many EU countries like the UK, Germany and Italy.

In 2011, King Long joined hands with ARRIVA to export 172 units Euro V standard buses to Malta, marketing a milestone as the first Chinese bus manufacturer to work with the EU's largest transport operator.

In 2012, 300 King Long 18m BRT buses were sent to Tehran, the capital of Iran. It was the largest BRT bus export order that domestic bus enterprises have ever received.

In 2013, 329 King Long vehicles were distributed to South America. Since marching into South America in 2007, King Long has obtained high recognition in the market.

We have a stable and growing international business. With our world-class manufacturing bases, vast international sales and service network, as well as global sourcing of vehicle parts, King Long is striving to become the leader in the international coach, bus and mini van manufacturing industry.

img_4784.jpg

As far as I know, although BYD seems more popular overseas, it is King Long that takes the lion's share in China's domestic market.

King Long started implementation of its international marketing strategy in 2000. After more than ten years of exploration in overseas markets, King Long buses have been sold to five continents including Asia, Oceania, South America, Africa and Europe, serving users in over 100 countries and regions, and King Long takes the lead to enter 12 EU countries, such as Germany, UK, Italy, France and Malta. King Long ranks the second place in terms of new bus share in Italy's tourist bus market and has a market share over 70% in Malta's public transit bus market.

King Long took the lead to enter the EU market early in 2005, and has successively established brand marketing and service agencies in many EU countries like the UK, Germany and Italy.

In 2011, King Long joined hands with ARRIVA to export 172 units Euro V standard buses to Malta, marketing a milestone as the first Chinese bus manufacturer to work with the EU's largest transport operator.

In 2012, 300 King Long 18m BRT buses were sent to Tehran, the capital of Iran. It was the largest BRT bus export order that domestic bus enterprises have ever received.

In 2013, 329 King Long vehicles were distributed to South America. Since marching into South America in 2007, King Long has obtained high recognition in the market.

We have a stable and growing international business. With our world-class manufacturing bases, vast international sales and service network, as well as global sourcing of vehicle parts, King Long is striving to become the leader in the international coach, bus and mini van manufacturing industry.

img_4784.jpg
We can name a lot of them. I've got a lot of information to share from my friend.

When Chinese come, no room for Japanese or Koreans
Cote d'Ivoire
My client bought this XML6127J13 ten months ago, already 110,000 km on the rotten roads, zero breakdown.
屏幕快照 2015-03-16 16.36.54.png
十个月十一万公里烂路0故障的金旅XML6127J13神车:正常保养,按手册定期更换易损件:中国人来了,日本韩国都被挤掉了:.png
屏幕快照 2015-03-16 18.37.10.png

We don't merely sell them
Good after-sales services assure popularity and loyalty. A team in China design the very appropriate prototypes to meet different customer demands and weather conditions.

Bought in 2008, nearly a million kilometres
XML6796J13,08年的车,跑了几十万公里,依然在服役.png

Why not build them roads?
中铁7局修的塞拉利昂.png

We are supported by Chinese government.
Type XML6532EB3
金旅海狮!XML6532EB3.png

img_4784.jpg
King Long is not Golden Dragon though they are the same in Chinese. They belong to the same group, Xiamen City is the biggest shareholder.

Last edited:
In before the standard responses from our international friends:

American: We did that 200 hundred years ago.
Vietnamese: Copied! Poor quality! Japanese build better buses than you.
Indian: The buses are not made democratically. India concerned over Chinese bus aggression!

:coffee:

The world is large enough to accomodate more than 2 fabulous bus makers from China
Congrats to BYD, Golden Dragon and many others which have marked their presence on the world's roadmaps

images

Inside painting quartz snuff bottle with stopper

Last edited:
lol, Africa has better buses than Canada, but Africa, apparently have no roads, you think the road would be before the bus.

Chicken or the egg.

lol, Africa has better buses than Canada, but Africa, apparently have no roads, you think the road would be before the bus.

Chicken or the egg.
Build them roads and sell them buses.
Or gift them both.

Last edited:
Your friend might want to market busses to Malaysia. Warranty/service how long?
Most buses i see is European, such as Mercedes.

Golden Dragon Continues Strengthening its Efforts in Popularizing New Energy Buses

2014 goes into history as a very important year for the development of new energy vehicles. A large number of bus makers in China made strenuous efforts to launch their unique new energy bus models and promote their sales volume in this field. At the year’s end, the sales volume of new energy buses stood at 18,637 units, up by 80.59% year on year. On their way to globalization, Golden Dragon, among many bus makers in China, has found its own uniquely economical strategy to popularize its own new energy buses.

Golden Dragon New Energy Buses Lined up to Deliver
According to Lai Zhiyi, General Manager of the Sales Company of Golden Dragon, the bus maker now boasts the widest market presence though it may not be the leading producer of new energy buses. Currently, its new energy vehicles can be found in over 30 provinces, autonomous regions, and municipalities in China. In a number of major cities in mainland China, such as Beijing, Shanghai, Hangzhou, Tianjin, Kunming, Dalian, Xiamen, Fuzhou, Harbin, Nanjing, Nanning, Xi’an, Haikou, Ningbo, Foshan, Nantong, Wuxi, Golden Dragon bus fleet has become the major force for local public transportation services. What’s more, the bus brand has long made its way to Taiwan, Netherlands, Finland, and Norway, etc.

Thanks to its rich experience in developing and operating new energy buses and its highly reliable products, Golden Dragon buses have again and again stood the severe tests of time and various market conditions. Take Hangzhou Public Transport as an example. In 2008, the bus operator introduced its first batch of 45 units hybrid buses from Golden Dragon. Currently, the Golden Dragon new energy bus fleet in Hangzhou Public Transport has grown to 744 units. Not long ago, the company placed another order of 60 units, showing the bus operator’s full confidence in Golden Dragon buses.

Golden Dragon always puts advanced technologies first.
As one of the domestic bus makers which took the initiative to develop new energy buses, Golden Dragon has long cultivated its own technological strengths in the area of new energy vehicles. Since the establishment of its own talent pool for developing new energy buses, the company has formed strong alliances with a number of well-renowned universities and spare parts producers. With concerted efforts, the company has successfully rolled a series of electric buses and hybrid buses. To date, its new energy buses are ranging from 4.7 meters to 12 meters in length, from plug-in hybrid power mode to fully electric power mode. In addition, it has obtained a number of patents and technologies with its own IPRs.

Nowadays, Golden Dragon is working hard to strengthen its own market competitiveness. While maintaining its leading position in product development, the company takes a down-to-earth approach and tries every possible means to overcome the weaknesses of its current new energy bus fleet, such as strengthening the life expectancy of their new energy buses.

In 2013, Golden Dragon rolled out a new type of clutch with longer life expectancy and higher speed in ISG double motor system. In the meantime, its plug-in new energy buses have introduced ISG double motor system with both parallel and series connections, double winding motor system with both parallel and series connections, multi-shift AMT parallel system. For its electric buses, the company also has introduced asynchronous motor with direct driving system and synchronous motor with direct driving system, etc.

Currently, two types of hybrid power systems rolled out by Golden Dragon are widely recognized and used among its counterparts. One is the hybrid power system with super-capacitor for energy storage. The other is the hybrid power system with energy storage chiefly supported by super-capacitor and supplemented by lithium batteries.
屏幕快照 2015-03-17 00.28.12.png

Your friend might want to market busses to Malaysia. Warranty/service how long?
Most buses i see is European, such as Mercedes.
Sorry, I don't have too much details. He is now working on Indian market which some other Chinese brands have already entered. Providing after-sales services is essential, that's why Golden Dragon is doing well in Africa which other western giants neglect. For some mature bus markets like Malaysia, the battle has just started. :-)
btw, you guys are rich to use Benz, buses in my city Wuhan are all made-in-Wuhan, sort of local protectionism. Even for metro, our government asked CNR/CSR to establish local factories, or kick out!
Made-in-Wuhan electric bus
屏幕快照 2015-03-17 00.39.28.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom