What's new

Go back to your country, f** black Indians : Australian bashes restaurant owner in front of family.

Indian restaurant owner bashed in front of family in Ballarat in unprovoked racial attack
By Michael Pollock
Dec. 15, 2015, 2:25 p.m.
r0_0_3369_2074_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

FRIGHTENED: Sumeet Anand with his 10-year-old son Yash Anand (left) and wife Mandeep Kaur Swaich (right) in their home. Picture: Lachlan Bence.

“I fear for my family”.

Sumeet Anand sits on his couch in his Nerrina home, his left eye bloodshot, yellowed and weeping furiously, his forehead a mass of bruises, with several cuts to his mouth and nose, his knees and back scratched and scabbed.

His injuries are the result of a brutal, racially inspired bashing on Monday night – the first he has ever faced after 35 years of living in Australia.

For Mr Anand, one racial assault is one too many and the 43-year-old restaurant owner is making a stand after his wife Mandeep and 10-year-old son Yash were forced to bear witness as two thugs beat him unconscious outside a bottle shop on the corner of Mair and Humffray streets at about 10.30pm.

WATCH MR ANAND’S EMOTIONAL VIDEO INTERVIEW HERE

Play
0:00
/
4:19
Fullscreen
Mute
“Me, my wife and my son went to Humffray Street after finishing work,” Mr Anand said.

“I told her to stop the car and I'll go grab a couple of beers (from the bottle shop) and by the time I opened the car, out of nowhere these two guys came running and they started bashing me and saying things like ‘go back to your own f****** country, you don’t belong here, you took our jobs’.”

“He was lying on the road – they kept bashing him,” Mandeep added.

“They treated him like he was an animal, they said you go back to your country, f****** black Indians.

“My son was crying, he was shocked.”

Mr Anand said the attack had rattled his family to its core, with ramifications felt on many levels.

• r0_0_2409_3293_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg
  • r0_52_3369_2073_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg
  • r0_0_1560_1950_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg
  • r0_0_2456_3689_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg
  • r0_82_3696_2267_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg
  • r0_0_2409_3293_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg
  • r0_52_3369_2073_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg
+5
UNITED: Sumeet Anand with his 10-year-old son Yash Anand (left) and wife Mandeep Kaur Swaich (right). Picture: Lachlan Bence.
Mr Anand elected not to name his restaurant, fearing the incident will tarnish its reputation, but when asked when he could return to work, he answered: “you know, I am shaky at the moment”.

“Maybe they (authorities) need to try to punish (the offenders), or maybe they don’t punish, they help (educate).

“It’s happened to me, and it’s going to happen to another person – another Indian, or another person.

“That’s why somebody has to make a stand, you can’t sit and wait.”

ANOTHER INDIAN RESTAURANT OWNER WAS ALSO BASHED IN BALLARAT IN 2013

A statement from Victoria Police said the investigation was ongoing, with two men believed to be responsible for the assault.

Mr Anand’s wife said the two assailants bolted from the scene shortly after the attack, with two bystanders coming to their aid.

Originally from New Delhi, Mr Anand said equality is crucial to a well functioning community.

“Everybody is equal and blood is the same – it’s not (as though) one person’s blood is white and another’s is black – all blood is red,” he said.

“That’s what people have to understand, so we can live life as a good community and help each other.

Mr Anand said he had contacted the Ballarat Indian Association and is meeting with president Xavier Mani on Tuesday evening.

He also intends to contact Ballarat Mayor Des Hudson.

Ballarat Detective Sergeant Steven Howard said police are investigating to see if the incident was racially motivated.

“Victoria Police does not tolerate violence and takes all crime seriously, including that which is motivated by prejudice, racism or discrimination,” Detective Sergeant Howard said.

“Every Victorian has the right to feel safe and secure in the community and any crimes targeted at our faith or multicultural communities will not be tolerated.”

Anyone with information is urged to contact police or call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

Indian restaurant owner bashed in front of family | video | The Courier

Or pir ye log khud ko civilized boltay hay or ham Asians ko uncivilized. such a hypocrite they are

Done it before.... Stood my ground against over 2 dozen guys... Yeah they beat the shyt outta me.. But I got one of them -- and beat his *** whenever got the chance ... After tht I put a world of hurt on all those involved ... And yes I've fought 2 & 3 at a time !

Never went home and wept "furiously"... Rhys what fags do !

That is also what I am talking about .And if your adversaries are drunken then trust me it will be quite dangerous .I know that because I also faced that same situation.These 2 guys giant guys with totally drunken .I and my friends took a nice effort to tie them .Morons couldnt even feel the pain.
That is why I said it would be quite dangerous to fight against a group of drunken retards.
You will definitely goes to your home either with a weeping eye or inside a coffin

I am serious guys.
Right now I have offers from an Australian university and NZ university for masters in engineering. I do not want to invest a heavy amount on myself and land myself among racists or end up jobless.
Right now it's a 60% No and 40% yes for me. And I do not have immediate relatives in both the countries..
Didi,if you really want to apply to any one of them then i would recommend you to go for the NZ university.Despite the fact that many posters here are quick to generalize New Zealanders as the same as their Aussie counterparts when it comes to racism,the reality is that NZ is an extremely tolerant country and believe me i know this because a few of my relatives have stayed in NZ for quite a long time in the past and all of them heaped tons of praises for the New Zealanders for their warm and friendly nature:)!!

That is also what I am talking about .And if your adversaries are drunken then trust me it will be quite dangerous .I know that because I also faced that same situation.These 2 guys giant guys with totally drunken .I and my friends took a nice effort to tie them .Morons couldnt even feel the pain.
That is why I said it would be quite dangerous to fight against a group of drunken retards.

And that's all what you got from the post/story ?

A)Never run from a fight.
B)Stand your ground.
C)If you are in a shit storm like that.. Select and grab 1 guy fom the group and kixk the shit outta him.
D)Find em and kick the shit outta them.

1 vs 2-3

You can dominate and beat the shyt outta such a small group! If. You have balls.

Moral ; only fags weep "furiously".

Well done rambo.
That's what's guys who know me from college say ..:lol:

kindergarten kids with lollipops?

College kids... Seniors from another college.

bit his ***? yuck

Beat ! Prediction text.

beta what do you do for a living ?
I'm a lawyer ... Mama Ji.

Last edited:
And that's all what you got from the post/story ?

A)Never run from a fight.
B)Stan your ground.
C)If you are in a shit storm like that.. Select and grab 1 guy fom the group and kixk the shut outta him.
D)Find em and kick the shut outta them.

1 vs 2-3

You can dominate and beat the shyt outta such a small group! If. You have balls.

Moral ; only fags weep "furiously".

People who don't attack back are those who want to calm down the fight so it don't get intense. They usually care about their family and fear if the attacker kills them then rather their family will cry. Beat the same guy with no family and he will rip anyone apart.

For the guy- He should have stood his ground, and at-least landed a few.
For Aussies, Stray incidents do not represent rest of the country as racist.

For Pakistani members who are trying to score brownie points over the incident, kudos.- As expected.

For Aussies, Stray incidents do not represent rest of the country as racist.

For Pakistani members who are trying to score brownie points over the incident, kudos.- As expected.
he may have landed a few but will have got a lot more back. not worth it.

He probably didn't had faith in law. So he just took the beating. From the pic, it looks attackers didnt touch his family, otherwise he would had done that for sure.

He probably didn't had faith in law. So he just took the beating. From the pic, it looks attackers didnt touch his family, otherwise he would had done that for sure.

Probably also didn't have faith in his masculinity or fighting skills

Didi,if you really want to apply to any one of them then i would recommend you to go for the NZ university.Despite the fact that many posters here are quick to generalize New Zealanders as the same as their Aussie counterparts when it comes to racism,the reality is that NZ is an extremely tolerant country and believe me i know this because a few of my relatives have stayed in NZ for quite a long time in the past and all of them heaped tons of praises for the New Zealanders for their warm and friendly nature:)!!
Thanks.personally I also prefer NZ- well ranked university and works out cheaper. But I do not have close relatives there. Ergo the dilemma!
I should be able to make up my mind soon. I still have a strong urge to drop my idea to complete my masters. Dekhte hai Kya hota hai.

Well they are committing crimes against desi people regardless of their religion.It appears that our unity abroad is the key to our survival.
Despite my differences with indians and hindus i swear i would have beaten that aussie scums black and blue if i saw them beating a helpless noble man in front of his wife and kid.

This guy is an indian. Therefore he probably doesn't have it in him to physically confront a white person/persons. Here in the UK, whites would not dare do that to a Pakistani because if they did than Pakistani hard men and gangsters would beat the whites twice as hard and probably put them in a coma.
depends on where you live. where i live they are some places where on white guys dare not to go. and vice versa. and the strange thing is that theres only 1 street seperating them and in the middle they live happily together. and slowly they mix.

well that was about 10 years ago, now its all mixed and nobody cares who you are and look out for each other. p.s. i live in one of the peacefull and beautifull areas of the uk.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom