What's new

Global protests against regime change in Pakistan

Are the protests being covered by any international channel? No

Do the protesters represent even 2% of the population? Unlikely

Will the protestors ever turn violent as such and truly look to shut down places? No

This means that at the end, regardless of their spirit the protestors will not achieve much and that is what those in power now are quietly relying on, celebrating in private, either with women(or men) in Hotels and with Pegs.

Come Eid, this will all be done and forgotten as the new government takes loans or uses artificial means to provide these goldfish temporary relief from high petrol prices and a lowered dollar for imports.

I cannot say that violence is the answer, but without the numbers these middle class "get in a car and bring Kurkure" protests wont go anywhere.

The only hope is that they awaken those who could(but shouldn't) use force to incite change but then it also leads to a worse outcome(initially).

Sadly for Pakistanis - this is the end of their "Spring".
The public image of the army has been significantly damaged. Would take decades to rebuild that. I myself was an avid military supporter, but now I just feel betrayed.

I think they need to protest outside parliament against the crime minister's appointment.

I am genuinely scared of the day when our military starts to employ the use of facial recognition with the help of China to oppress Pakistanis in a more systematic manner. Just imagine, once you are seen with such a placard, the establishment will mark you forever in their database. You won't be able to get jobs, loans, education, and health services in Pakistan.

The public image of the army has been significantly damaged. Would take decades to rebuild that. I myself was an avid military supporter, but now I just feel betrayed.
It definitely has been - and part of it was going to happen due to the already perceived military (rather Army) interference in the political system. So regardless of the Supreme Court's rather blatant hypocrisy in the last 3 days(even if part of the interpretation of the law was correct) they will be ignored and the military be the prime target after the PPP and PML(N)

just look at the twitter trends

hhh.jpg

I am genuinely scared of the day when our military starts to employ the use of facial recognition with the help of China to oppress Pakistanis in a more systematic manner. Just imagine, once you are seen with such a placard, the establishment will mark you forever in their database. You won't be able to get jobs, loans, education, and health services in Pakistan.
Ahem - part of it.. might already be in the deployment phase in certain areas.

Back
Top Bottom