What's new

Give Hagia Sophia back to Christianity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The amount of ignorance coming out of the mouth is another issue. İ thought İ saw a Hindu saying that the aya sofya doesn't look like any other mosque in Turkey :hitwall:
As far as İ know, Turkish mosque architecture is based on the aya sofya.

Anyways it's a museum right now. İf in the future it will change to a pray house again, it should be the prayhouse for both religions.
Fatih the conqueror had no problems with praying in a church, so we should have no problem with orho christians praying in a mosque. Would be a amazing symbolic structure though, instead of the head bashing we see every day.

Actually Islamic mosques are generally similar to Orthodox churches in general ,with their cupolas ,i guess because mosques were modeled after byzantine churches in the ME,the muslim call to prayer resemble orthodox chants,even the headscarves that orthodox women ussually wear in church are similar to hijab but unneducated people will make unneducated guesses.Pitty ....

Actually Islamic mosques are generally similar to Orthodox churches in general ,with their cupolas ,i guess because mosques were modeled after byzantine churches in the ME,the muslim call to prayer resemble orthodox chants,even the headscarves that orthodox women ussually in church are similar to hijab but unneducated people will make unneducated guesses.Pitty ....

there is good point in your post..

Actually Islamic mosques are generally similar to Orthodox churches in general ,with their cupolas ,i guess because mosques were modeled after byzantine churches in the ME,the muslim call to prayer resemble orthodox chants,even the headscarves that orthodox women ussually wear in church are similar to hijab but unneducated people will make unneducated guesses.Pitty ....

Well İ feel like İ should make a few changes. Arab, Turkic and chinese mosque's don't resemble orthodox mosques at all ( my personal opinion) . İt's mostly anatolian, esspecially ottoman mosques that is based on the aya sofya.
You're right aout the ignorance part though. İf people would just stop for a second and reminded themselves that we believe in the same God. A lot of bs wouldn't go on right now. Although we remain human, we probably will find other reasons for violence.

İnteresting thing is İ had a Ethiopian friend. He was also orthodox, but probably another church. He said to me that their version of christianity is very similar to İslam. They almost pray the same. They also perform ritual slaughtering. İt seems although they live in bad poverty, the muslims(which make one third of the population) and christians get along very well.

İt seems this religious intolerance is really a middle-eastern thing.

there is good point in your post..

Sadly i was reminded of these things yesterday when i was checking some youtube videos about orthodoxy and catholicism which were filled with nutters(unfortunately protestants and catholics) screaming "oh look the orthodox are like muslims,look at their churches,religious chants and head scarves" .Ofcourse those retards don't know that Christianity originated in the ME and that Islam took some dress and arhitectural designs from it,not mentioning that they don't know about the schism or that the orthodox are exactly the same as they were 1800 years ago without adding papal infailibility,purgatory as they went along...Anyway i digress,it just made me sad seeing such ignorance,ignorance that is present on this thread to.
@olcayto

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_architecture#Byzantine_legacy

Last edited by a moderator:
İt seems this religious intolerance is really a middle-eastern thing.

Nope,it's everywhere,others just root them out as we all should as christians,muslims or other denominations.The fault lies with us,if they wouldn't have a crowd to preach their hate their voices would be lost.Unfortunately it looks like we are giving them a stage to act on.

Nope,it's everywhere,others just root them out as we all should as christians,muslims or other denominations.The fault lies with us,if they wouldn't have a crowd to preach their hate their voices would be lost.Unfortunately it looks like we are giving them a stage to act on.

İt seems violence is just in the human nature. İf it wasn't for religion, we would have found another excuse.
Until the human race itself will not extinct, war and violence will never end.

Sadly i was reminded of these things yesterday when i was checking some youtube videos about orthodoxy and catholicism which were filled with nutters(unfortunately protestants and catholics) screaming "oh look the orthodox are like muslims,look at their churches,religious chants and head scarves" .Ofcourse those retards don't know that Christianity originated in the ME and that Islam took some dress and arhitectural designs from it,not mentioning that they don't know about the schism or that the orthodox are exactly the same as they were 1800 years ago without adding papal infailibility,purgatory as they went along...Anyway i digress,it just made me sad seeing such ignorance,ignorance that is present on this thread to.
@olcayto

Byzantine architecture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Next time you tell those Catholics that headscarves is inside your bible and it is not your fault that only Orthodox follow it.

Next time you tell those Catholics that headscarves is inside your bible and it is not your fault that only Orthodox follow it.

No biggy man,it's not like they represent Catholicism,just some retards who spread hate and don't bother to check facts.As i was speaking with @olcayto,those kind of retards are everywhere unfortunately amongst christians,muslims.

Anyway even their point was void,even if we look like muslims,so what ? Is that a bad thing in the first place? :woot: :ashamed:

No biggy man,it's not like they represent Catholicism,just some retards who spread hate and don't bother to check facts.As i was speaking with @olcayto,those kind of retards are everywhere unfortunately amongst christians,muslims.

Anyway even their point was void,even if we look like muslims,so what ? Is that a bad thing in the first place? :woot: :ashamed:

Mate ever thought of attending a Mass at the sumela monastery? İt's become a quiet popular pilgrimage for orthodox christians in the recent years.

Mate we call it, sacrifice. :ashamed:

Are you going to sacrifice :) a animal this year during kurban?

Mate ever thought of attending a Mass at the sumela monastery? İt's become a quiet popular pilgrimage for orthodox christians in the recent years.

I'm gonna visit this place, sometime.

macka_sumela.jpg

sumela.jpg

This is my personal belief, i think nurturing a life is more valuable than taking a life. So i don't safrice....

P.S for everyone : I'm seriously not looking for a religious debate, so don't come at me with quotes from our Holy Book.

@Sinan, İ don't care its your choice.

BUT, to back this statement up you better be a vegetarian :)

Wow, I didn't even know about this monastery ,so good that the turkish authorities allow liturgy on Saint Mary.I see that you need a special pass from the Patriarchate of Constantinople,if they have such celerity as the greeks (i have a 14 month request for Mount Athos still waiting approval) i'm in no luck.:(

But,it's definetly a target for the future.

@Sinan, İ don't care its your choice.

BUT, to back this statement up you better be a vegetarian :)

This the exact reason why i didn't want to argue. Sacrifing, killing for eating, We sacrifice for poor people, Do really sacfrice for poor people or for eating ? That's up to you. Everybody does that way, etc. etc. ,

Let's not do this. :)

Wow, I didn't even know about this monastery ,so good that the turkish authorities allow liturgy on Saint Mary.I see that you need a special pass from the Patriarchate of Constantinople,if they have such celerity as the greeks (i have a 14 month request for Mount Athos still waiting approval) i'm in no luck.:(

But,it's definetly a target for the future.

İt's like a town and monastery mergement.
Only thing is that punk kids and stupid pilgrims have written something all over the place :(
İ mean like wtf, that thing is 1500 years old. İt's going through a major renovation right now.

Ooh if you want to visit it you better train your a$$ off. You'll have to walk those steep hills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom