What's new

Give Hagia Sophia back to Christianity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This the exact reason why i didn't want to argue. Sacrifing, killing for eating, We sacrifice for poor people, Do really sacfrice for poor people or for eating ? That's up to you. Everybody does that way, etc. etc. ,

Let's not do this. :)

No no no,

You got me all wrong. İ'm no religious oppressor :)
Only thing is of you don't want to kill animals, you should also not eat animals. İn the first one you kill the animals, in the second one somone is killing the animals for you. (again this is not in religious perspective.)

By the way a freshly killed sucling-lamb (sut kuzusu), on a spit is damn deliciouuuus.

3_9135705828.jpg

This the exact reason why i didn't want to argue. Sacrifing, killing for eating, We sacrifice for poor people, Do really sacfrice for poor people or for eating ? That's up to you. Everybody does that way, etc. etc. ,

Let's not do this. :)

It is not obligatory for you to do kurbani on Eid so its all good mate.

İt's like a town and monastery mergement.
Only thing is that punk kids and stupid pilgrims have written something all over the place :(
İ mean like wtf, that thing is 1500 years old. İt's going through a major renovation right now.

Ooh if you want to visit it you better train your a$$ off. You'll have to walk those steep hills.

Oh no problem there mate i actually enjoy those walks,i'm an outdoors guy and such walks to visit a place filled with spirituality is good for the body and specially for the soul.I've backpacked the Carpathians to visit a lot of hermit sketes as they are usually more secluded than the ancient monasteries in my country.

Kinda beats the whole point of atheism, getting involved in others religious wars. Just my opinion. I dont see the Chinese doing it.

I think you have this notion that the foundation of all relations with other nations is based on faith rather then mutual interests.
You point about china is partly true but if the opportunity came up for china to join up with islamic nations-pakistan to defeat india it is not based on some religious edict but simple strategic gains.
Saudi arabia sells and trades with the US as Iran trades with and has relations with russia and china.......do they stops because there not the same religion as them ?
Pakistan and china at the present moment work together on military projects as do many other islamic nations with non islamic countries all fields.
What do you classify as a "religious wars" war.........dont recall many religious wars in the last so many centuries as compared to wars fought for "human rights" "freedom" "democarcy" "nationalism" ect.

Yeah Hagia Sophia should be given back to Christians in exchange of The Great Mosque of Cordoba being given back to Muslims. Hagia Sophia at that time was the largest Church in the world, iThe Great Mosque of Cordoba was the largest Mosque in the world? Isn't it?

It doesn't really go this way... Hagia Sophia is no more than a symbolic building these days and is been converted to Library? so lets move on with the reality.
Spain was Christian before Arab Muslims conquered it. Christians only took it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom