What's new

Germany looks to develop its own sixth generation stealth fighter jet

WarFariX

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Germany and Airbus Defense and Space said they’re in the initial stages of a new program to build the Luftwaffe’s sixth generation fighter, which has been named the Future Combat Air System (FCAS).

That was reported by www.telegiz.com.

Germany has advanced the program to build its own sixth generation stealth jet fighter from concept to the initial working stage.

FCAS will replace the Luftwaffe’s aging fleet of Panavia Tornado fighter bombers and complement the Luftwaffe’s Eurofighter Typhoon air superiority fighters.

FCAS will likely be a twin-engine, twin-tail aircraft piloted by two crewmen. The Bundeswehr (federal German armed forces) plans for FCAS to be operational between 2030 to 2040.

FCAS will be a “system of systems” that combines manned and unmanned aircraft into one operational unit.

“In principle, it could be a system of systems — either a manned and unmanned combination,” said Alberto Gutierrez, head of the Eurofighter program.
17498577_607147146122450_9187788364562018091_n.jpg

An illustrative rendition of what the FCAS might look like
Germany and Airbus Defense and Space said they’re in the initial stages of a new program to build the Luftwaffe’s sixth generation fighter, which has been named the Future Combat Air System (FCAS).

Germany has advanced the program to build its own sixth generation stealth jet fighter from concept to the initial working stage.

FCAS will replace the Luftwaffe’s aging fleet of Panavia Tornado fighter bombers and complement the Luftwaffe’s Eurofighter Typhoon air superiority fighters.

FCAS will likely be a twin-engine, twin-tail aircraft piloted by two crewmen. The Bundeswehr (federal German armed forces) plans for FCAS to be operational between 2030 to 2040.

FCAS will be a “system of systems” that combines manned and unmanned aircraft into one operational unit.

“In principle, it could be a system of systems — either a manned and unmanned combination,” said Alberto Gutierrez, head of the Eurofighter program.

10204870288703964vt-1-1024x725.jpg

An illustrative rendition of what the FCAS might look like

http://defence-blog.com/news/german...own-sixth-generation-stealth-fighter-jet.html

17498577_607147146122450_9187788364562018091_n.jpg

Sixth gen or Fifth Gen?o_O Sixth gen will be unmanned according to US experts and above image shows pilots in it

Sixth gen or Fifth Gen?o_O Sixth gen will be unmanned according to US experts and above image shows pilots in it
fifth generation is patented by India,russia,china,pakistan....so & so . Hence they decided to go for sixth generation....

fifth generation is patented by India,russia,china,pakistan....so & so . Hence they decided to go for sixth generation....

Your logic seems not correct because the year which they are referring 2030-2040 are same years what US define for her 6th gen

Both sir, optionally unmanned sir

Your logic seems not correct because the year which they are referring 2030-2040 are same years what US define for her 6th gen
he's trolling sir

@Deino

Thought you might be interested in this

Yes indeed and sorry for the late reply. However I'm right now very much undecided on how earnest I should rate or take these efforts. IMO surely the LW will need a replacement for their Tornado some day and even more they want to keep development capabilities in Germany but given nearly all the latest projects I won't hold my breath how successful it could be !??

Germany alone is IMO impossible most of all to a political un-will for anything related to military; a bigger joint EU-project is also currently unlikely, since several have already decided on the F-35 like Italy and esp. GB, which even more is nearly out - and has just begun a joint study with Japan !! - ... as such it again leaves France, which needs also a replacement for the Mirage 2000 some day, but if both can afford such a complex type, I really don't know.

Deino

Yes indeed and sorry for the late reply. However I'm right now very much undecided on how earnest I should rate or take these efforts. IMO surely the LW will need a replacement for their Tornado some day and even more they want to keep development capabilities in Germany but given nearly all the latest projects I won't hold my breath how successful it could be !??

Germany alone is IMO impossible most of all to a political un-will for anything related to military; a bigger joint EU-project is also currently unlikely, since several have already decided on the F-35 like Italy and esp. GB, which even more is nearly out - and has just begun a joint study with Japan !! - ... as such it again leaves France, which needs also a replacement for the Mirage 2000 some day, but if both can afford such a complex type, I really don't know.

Deino
OK, you got me hooked with this "but given nearly all the latest projects". :)
Which are the projects that you think indicate a not so successful future for this German project?
Yes the EU deciding for F35 is one factor but are there some German projects that fell short of the mark technology and capability wise in recent times? Any example will make an interesting read sir.

OK, you got me hooked with this "but given nearly all the latest projects". :)
Which are the projects that you think indicate a not so successful future for this German project?
Yes the EU deciding for F35 is one factor but are there some German projects that fell short of the mark technology and capability wise in recent times? Any example will make an interesting read sir.

Sorry if I was misleading and I don't these latest projects are "failures" per se but just the issues the "Tiger" helicopter, the NH-90, the €Fighter and most of all the A.400M still face are a clear sign of several issues also this project would hamper: IMO one reason is that the LW is an underfunded force, spiced up by a mismanaged bureaucracy both in the military but even more in the ministry, there are "unique industrial structures" where decisions are most of all made not by engineers and technicians but by politicians and most of all ruled by a certain national workshare.

As such I don't it is a matter of lack of technology or that "some German projects fell short of the mark technology and capability wise in recent times" but a matter of circumstances that prevent these projects to exploit their true potential.

Deino

Both sir, optionally unmanned sir

he's trolling sir
Thank you for clearing things up

Sorry if I was misleading and I don't these latest projects are "failures" per se but just the issues the "Tiger" helicopter, the NH-90, the €Fighter and most of all the A.400M still face are a clear sign of several issues also this project would hamper: IMO one reason is that the LW is an underfunded force, spiced up by a mismanaged bureaucracy both in the military but even more in the ministry, there are "unique industrial structures" where decisions are most of all made not by engineers and technicians but by politicians and most of all ruled by a certain national workshare.

As such I don't it is a matter of lack of technology or that "some German projects fell short of the mark technology and capability wise in recent times" but a matter of circumstances that prevent these projects to exploit their true potential.

Deino

I am still in shock that after world war 2, why Germans didn't produce fighter planes? you were world leaders in that and US takeover from you guys

I am still in shock that after world war 2, why Germans didn't produce fighter planes? you were world leaders in that and US takeover from you guys
Post WW II Germany was divided, just a reminder. In that, Germany served as the most prominent symbol of the European side of the Cold War. To increase the odds of survival and to speed things up, joint ventures made sense, so West Germany, Italy, and the UK created the Panavia Tornado. So it is not as if the Germans somehow 'lost' the intellectual might to make good or even great aircrafts again.

I maybe wrong, but I would dare guess why Germany have a reduced participation in aviation, especially military aviation, is similar to Japan -- that of being a co-starter of a world war. Am sure it is a complex issue of national guilt (?) and foreign suspicions of motives. Nevertheless, I have no doubt that if the Germans put their minds to it, whatever they come up with will be impressive and quickly to the fore.

Back
Top Bottom