What's new

germany delivers new high tech submarine to Israel...and Iran pays for it

carthago was destroyed, its inhabitants killed or sold into slavery.

Destroying is something but converting the culture is something else however we should take it into consideration that Romans were a super power 1700 years ago and dozens of new powers and civilizations rose after them .

The same goes for other powerful civilizations in the east such as Achaemenids , Parthians , Sassanids , Greeks and so on although you might still see signs of Roman civilization , culture and customs in Italy and neighboring regions which is the same in Iran and some of the neighboring countries but that's not much .

carthago was destroyed, its inhabitants killed or sold into slavery.

I told you only Europeans have fantasization of the Roman culture, people in Asia don't know or care about it. Its generally the Hollywood movies that teaches the history of Greeco-Romans culture to people in Asia. ;)

Destroying is something but converting the culture is something else however we should take it into consideration that Romans were a super power 1700 years ago and dozens of new powers and civilizations rose after them .

The same goes for other powerful civilizations in the east such as Achaemenids , Parthians , Sassanids , Greeks and so on although you might still see signs of Roman civilization , culture and customs in Italy and neighboring regions which is the same in Iran and some of the neighboring countries but that's not much .

No culture was converted in Carthago. Carthago was destroyed. It was resettled with other,people. Amd europe is rome. Rome is the binding element.

Good for them that their Hollywood movies teaching people in Asia about the Greeco-Roman culture which nobody want to know but there are exception like some garbage movies like 300 making mockery of the Oriental Civilizations.

Good for them that their Hollywood movies teaching people in Asia about the Greeco-Roman culture which nobody knows except some garbage movies like 300 making mockery of the Oriental Civilizations.

oriental civilisations are a mockers of themself. They simply dont exist. They always have a famous despot (king, pharaoh, emperor) and no civilian exists. Stupid god kings and incompetence.

oriental civilisations are a mockers of themself. They simply dont exist. They always have a famous despot (king, pharaoh, emperor) and no civilian exists. Stupid god kings and incompetence.

I know my Indian civilization older, at that time Romans were just nomads, Rigveda is one of the oldest known books in the world. You mean slave based economy and gladiator fighting beasts till the death shows the height of being civilized. :girl_wacko:

You're angry again .

Achaemenid empire was a great civilization that had it's ups and downs like any other empire but even after 2500 years Cyrus is still remembered as the greatest king in the history .

By the way , Parthians established the first Parliament in 173 BC when Mirthades I was the king , it was called Mehestan where 7 houses took part .

You're angry again .

Achaemenid empire was a great civilization that had it's ups and downs like any other empire but even after 2500 years Cyrus is still remembered as the greatest king in the history .

By the way , Parthians established the first Parliament in 173 BC when Mirthades I was the king , it was called Mehestan where 7 houses took part .
and the first human rights :)

I know my Indian civilization older, at that time Romans were just nomads, Rigveda is one of the oldest known books in the world. You mean slave based economy and gladiator fighting beasts till the death shows the height of being civilized. :girl_wacko:

romans were never nomads. The italian peninsula is not suitable for nomadism.

Well economy is still based on slaves. And the gladiator fights exist till today. We just had a world cup. Its basicly the same.

You're angry again .

bullshit.

Cyrus was a brutal tyrant.

Falling for Ancient Propaganda: UN Treasure Honors Persian Despot - SPIEGEL ONLINE

A 2,500-year-old cuneiform document ceremoniously displayed in a glass case at the United Nations in New York is revered as an "ancient declaration of human rights." But in fact, argue researchers, the document was the work of a despot who had his enemies tortured.

Stop MarkusS

you take pleasure to insult all civilizations here ?

romans were experts of torture and were doing the gladiator games ... when Germans won Roma (the so called barbarian germans) they didn't allow anymore these games.

and if you compare our world to the ancient worls, of course our ancestors were all savages...

maybe except the Australians !

Stop MarkusS

you take pleasure to insult all civilizations here ?

romans were experts of torture and were doing the gladiator games ... when Germans won Roma (the so called barbarian germans) they didn't allow anymore these games.

and if you compare our world to the ancient worls, of course our ancestors were all savages...

maybe except the Australians !

Where do i insult? I even posted a link as a scource. Cyrus was a tyrant king with good propaganda. Historians know this.

romans were never nomads. The italian peninsula is not suitable for nomadism.

Well economy is still based on slaves. And the gladiator fights exist till today. We just had a world cup. Its basicly the same.

That sounds silly. :laugh:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom