What's new

Gen. Tariq Majeed in Turkey.

Turkish President Abdullah Gul on Tuesday reiterated that his country will continue its unflinching support to Pakistan on various confronting issues, besides standing alongside the country in all trying times.

The Turkish president, during a call on a meeting by Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (JCSC) Chairman General Tariq Majeed, who is on an official visit to the brotherly country, said both the brotherly nations have deep-rooted and time-tested relations.

The Turkish president, recalling the lively and vivid memories of his visit to Pakistan, lauded the sacrifices rendered by the Pakistani nation and its armed forces in the war against terrorism, adding that the recent successes of Pakistan in the fight against terrorists has made them proud.

Besides discussing matters relating to enhancement of the relations between both countries, General Majeed said “both the countries have convergent perceptions on all regional and international issues and are facing common challenges”.

Join hands: He added, “Both brotherly countries must join hands to wipe out armed militancy and violent extremism from our societies.”

According to a message from Turkey, on arrival at the Turkish General Staff Headquarters, General Majeed was warmly welcomed and the Turkish Armed Forces gave him a guard of honour.

During his meeting with General Ilker Basbug, chief of the Turkish General Staff, the JCSC chairman thanked him for the warm hospitality and offered his condolences for the loss of precious lives of the Turkish soldiers and citizens in the recent terrorist attacks and the ‘Freedom Flotilla’ incident.

He appreciated Turkey’s unflinching support to Pakistan in its fight against terrorism, for the efforts to bring stability in Afghanistan and holding of the tripartite and regional summits.

General Majid emphasised the need to institutionalise the defence and security dialogue mechanism at the CDS level and training of officers at mid-career and junior levels to cultivate brotherhood amongst the young officers.

He called for strategic partnership to work together in joint ventures, focusing on cutting edge technologies, R&D, marketing and transfer of technology in public as well as private sectors.

General Basbug reminisced about the good memories of his visit to Pakistan and applauded the professionalism and determination of Pakistan’s armed forces in the fight against terrorism.

Later, General Basbug conferred Legion of Merit on General Majeed for “his untiring personal efforts to enhance the bilateral relations between Pakistan, Turkey and their armed forces”.

The JCSC chairman also called on Turkish Minister of Defence Vecdi Gonul and discussed matters of bilateral interest and various mechanisms to enhance the existing cooperation, especially collaboration in defence

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

welll i hope something is coming but with the attitude of our navy the news of Milegam will only remains in papers and news nothing will come we have signed MOU on defence with turkey already strategic partnership now enoough meetings have done by naval chief,kayani,zardari,yousuf raza gilani now tariq majeed nothing will come just they come with piece of papers of MOU and strategic partnership

Many defence relation exist between turkey and Pakistan.

Like TAI upgrading our F 16s, Participation on UCAV, We have Turkish artillery in our inventory and thinking of more (to standardized to 155mm artillery). And many more.....

Also we do joint SF exercises.

Don't forget the Air Force Exercise Indus Viper and Pakistan also particapatet on "Anatolian Eagle" Airforce Exercise, similar like "Red Flag".

well kepp doing exercises and waste the fuel which is more expansice than norman fuel and just waste the money on just talking nothing they are going to buy in these last 10 years money spended on visits we could have bought U 214 and also 20 more F 16s

well kepp doing exercises and waste the fuel which is more expansice than norman fuel and just waste the money on just talking nothing they are going to buy in these last 10 years money spended on visits we could have bought U 214 and also 20 more F 16s
so you must not visit anywhere and dont have relations with anyone well, dont buy and/or co-produce weapons with anyone produce all yourself according to this logic

Exercises are waste of fuel? Are you kidding?

Many defence relation exist between turkey and Pakistan.

Like TAI upgrading our F 16s, Participation on UCAV, We have Turkish artillery in our inventory and thinking of more (to standardized to 155mm artillery). And many more.....

Also we do joint SF exercises.

panter8ig.jpg

:)

this visit is suitable

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

all the army man should be visited to turky

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

turkey is a islamic country so visit

Long Live Pak Turk Friendship... Turkey is our time tested friend and it helped a lot to avert the aftermath of Oct-05 earthquake. I really like the mosque built by Turkey in Muzaffarabad, the capital city of AJK and the excellent construction of government builidings

I think its the other way around .... :smokin: nuclear cooperation

let's wake-up.
being as optimistic as i can, it could bring out the T-129 attack Helicopter deal, or something regarding the U214.
saying this i can sense, the words are more comming out of my heart then my mind.

there might be nothing Big comming from turkey as a reslt of this visit.

regards!

I smell some friendly drones coming our way??
Turkey is getting the same submarines which Pakistan is lobbying for. Perhaps they can raise a joint order to pressure HDW?

Wrong, Jet fuel is cheaper than your average joe petrol and pump diesel.
BTW how do u expect to hone the skills of service men without exercies in different strategies, terrians, conditions and limitation??

Back
Top Bottom