What's new

Gen Raheel Sharif calls Kashmir as "jugular vein of Pakistan"

There's an Indus Basin Treaty too, wither compliance and then there's reason to ignore Simla:

(a) Doesn't specifically mention Kashmir
(b) India hasn't respected bilateral treaties as mentioned above.
(c) For 43 years, we waited to let India bring peace there but should unilateral slaughter continue there.

Any good international lawyer can rebut. I'm no law guy.

It mentions ALL bilateral disputes.

And both the Indus Water and Simla treaties remain in force. Pakistan has never proven any violations by India of the IWT.

Bhutto signed away any aspirations of getting Kashmir diplomatically or militarily a long while back. Any favor is at the mercy of India.

Well, India can agree to third party mediation, and then things might move forward. But it is India's choice as both parties must consent to third party mediation.

It mentions ALL bilateral disputes.

And both the Indus Water and Simla treaties remain in force. Pakistan has never proven any violations by India of the IWT.

Well, India can agree to third party mediation, and then things might move forward. But it is India's choice as both parties must consent to third party mediation.

which we have categorically refused and there isn't going to be change in that. Pakistani leaders and generals are just playing to the galleries without knowing the ground realities are as usual playing with the sentiments of the pakistani masses and making a fool of them.

There's no locus standi to get anyone involved nor consider the kashmiri separatists as part of the discussion.

Anyway, he's an army chief, there is a different angle to it anyway. It's not about legal terminologies and even if it were, how will a common ground arise from bilateral table talk untill India agrees to the right of Kashmiris to decide their future. Hold a referendum there and out will come voice for green!

Like I said, it is India's choice.

But at some point, may be, just may be, India may find to its advantage to make peace with Pakistan if it wants to play a bigger role globally. Who knows? ;)

Maybe in the future, but then we have too many issues presently to take care of to even think of a global role.

May be the future. Yes. May be.

The Mushy 4 point plan that was presumably ready to be signed turned out to be a hoax, rumors are that both sides were arguing about the text of the draft when Mushy had to relinquish office.

So yeah- maybe in the future when there is any agreeable middle ground or maybe not.

The Mushy 4 point plan that was presumably ready to be signed turned out to be a hoax, rumors are that both sides were arguing about the text of the draft when Mushy had to relinquish office.

So yeah- maybe in the future when there is any agreeable middle ground or maybe not.

Such progress will happen only when democracy has actually taken root in Pakistan, and when both sides see the value of peace it terms of its dividends to their peoples. Then, may be.

Who himself is a Kashmiri!

They are getting military training and awaiting for the right moment :)

To me, Kashmir doesn't even make sense. If I had a choice, I would divide the state into three. Kashmir, Jammu and Ladakh. And then give enough time for kashmiris to return to Kashmir and give them autonomy or independence whatever.

The amount of money saved would be enormous. Kashmir, as it is is an unproductive state which contributes nothing to the nation.

Recently they announced minimal allowances for South Indian railway.

If we had had even half of the money drained in Kashmir, I would have focused on Sanitation, roads, more metro railways and a giant push in states where literacy rates are low.

For example it makes sense to hold onto South India (the IT nerve centre and who contributes 25% of India's GDP) or West India.

But Kashmir whose social indicators are slipping, No economy? Nehru you emotional fool.

Such progress will happen only when democracy has actually taken root in Pakistan,

For the first time in the history of Pakistan has any government completed a full term and that too with a lot of backing provided by the US who kept the military at bay from performing a coup, by the looks of things - this govt will not be the second one.

For the first time in the history of Pakistan has any government completed a full term and that too with a lot of backing provided by the US who kept the military at bay from performing a coup, by the looks of things - this govt will not be the second one.

Hey whatever it takes to help democracy take root! :D

Gabru jawan dara sehma sa betha howa hai :P
not sure but ,I heard he is a Canadian, if that is true, then he cannot be touched, as Canada is a Nato country and Canadian citizens have a'lot of privilege's especially where their protection & personal safety is concern

which we have categorically refused and there isn't going to be change in that. Pakistani leaders and generals are just playing to the galleries without knowing the ground realities are as usual playing with the sentiments of the pakistani masses and making a fool of them.

There's no locus standi to get anyone involved nor consider the kashmiri separatists as part of the discussion.

So be it. Kashmir is divided between India and Pakistan. India will not let it's share go, neither will Pakistan. India can't do anything about Pakistan Kashmir and Pakistan can't do anything about India Kashmir. LOC is the de-facto border. And should be.

No body is playing with the sentiments of anyone.

:disagree::disagree::disagree::disagree::disagree::disagree:
By that stupid logic even India's name came from Sind/Sindu/Sindh/Sindhu/Indus.:crazy:

Amarnath is in Jammu close to Indian border & you can take it.

And i doubt you guys know that in our Pakistan Hindus love Islam so they convert into Muslims.:azn::lol:

buddy Amarnath is in Kashmir not Jammu and was discovered by a Muslim Shepherd, you think Hindus will give it to Pakistanis? lol it's like you giving Mecca to jews :disagree: no Indian govt could ever sanction it or it will lead to all out war.

I do agree with his statement though as Kashmir is key for future water supplies hence why we are building dams.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom