What's new

Gaza-Israel Conflict | October 2023

It was more tongue in cheek.

Not sure why you're being so aggressive as your views in this thread have been the same as mine. So calm your t1ts

As for mental help, if anyone thinks the Iranians won't get smashed by the US's airpower they need mental help. Which is why why Iran won't directly get involved.
Firstly, Israel is not the US. Israel cannot destroy Iran with its air force. Secondly, the US air force is indeed no joke, but Iran's entire defence doctrine for the past 30+ years has been centred around countering US air power via asymmetric means. How successful this will be, we hopefully never find out.

To me, comments about a country (especially my country) being 'destroyed' are not so tongue in cheek. But I appreciate your views otherwise.

Hamas is no pawn or proxy of Iran in order to be sacrificed. And Iran and Hezbollah can't sacrificing anything. They're not a party to the war. They're simply cowardly and scared to fight Israel. And even worse probably see Israel as a ally in the region. You throw around a bunch hilarious rhetoric as if the people that are scared to fire a grad rocket at Israel will do anything to Israel or the US in the future.

Clearly you are no fan of Hezbollah or Iran

But be reminded that they are the only ones acting out of 57 “Islamic” nations while all others talk

Yemen today can be added to the list

So on a balance of probability I would rate these 3 above anyone else

Hezbollah joining this war cannot be taken lightly it is a gigantic step in escalation

I don't take issue with criticism of Hezbollah (or Iran). But trolling them by repeating lies ('same tower attacked' bla bla) by insulting their flag is not legitimate criticism. I would rather we avoid attacking each other and focused on the bigger evil, but others unfortunately do not wish to do this.
So you're Iranian hence your extremely aggressive response to my comment.

My point was Iran has probably correctly calculated it will fight this with proxies, instead of having themselves attacked. Which is what they are doing and will do. Unless the US or Israel hits Iran directly, which neither of them are foolish enough to do.

Before you accuse me, I am atheist and have no interest in Sunni Shina feckery that blights both sects.

Well every time I criticise Hamas by reminding you Hamas cowardly stayed on the sidelines whilst its Sunni Palestinian brothers in Gaza were being bombed by Israel in 2022 and Hamas Leader Haniyeh has 3 sisters that live in Israel and whose children have even served in the IDF, you threaten to get me banned from the thread, so I guess you are not from the region if you care
I don't care if you criticize Hamas doing so with reason. Hamas never sat on sidelines, it lead the operations room in that war and was preparing it's military buildup. Hezbollah, on other hand, has had 19 years to build up and from military standpoint, there is nothing holding them back. It's purely political decision. Hamas leader Haniyeh does not have sisters in Israel. That is Jewish fake news. And he himself is a refugee not originally from Gaza. Not all Palestinians were expelled in 1948. Some survived and remained there. It's our country. I don't believe in anything called Israel.

Hamas fights Israel almost on a permanent basis. It's unreasonable and laughable to try to claim they don't. It's the number one enemy of Israel.

I think you are mistaken with the aircraft. F-35 are fighters, they can't do much damage on a large country like Iran in case of war.

Correct.
Nukes, ONLY nukes, could make a country like Iran to capitulate. Destroying Teheran and other major cities, decapitating the leadership, destroying the infrastructure.

Because some people still can't see beyond Sunni Shia nonsense. And have to make this sectarian.

Bro I am Shia and say any wants to do sectarian shit should I start to disregard them as Muslims? I should instead try to show them reason so I can stand infront of Allah as doing my part. To give you an example our prophet after all the injustices forgave all of his opponents he didn’t execute them all. Even if he did the rational world of today wouldn’t have called him wrong instead they would have bring up the war crimes committed by his opponents. I am not even worth the dust of the dust on the feet of our blessed prophet.

If a country with leading edge technologies and is self professed ( or bragged) in saying they are civilized and cultured and the rest of the region is ignorant. Now think about this if that entity thinks removing of “rockets” is the the path to salvation then the war is lost lol. For example I have a PS5 but I think if I take away my cousins PS1 and then think I win. Well…..WTF.
I think I don't fully follow the logic. Israel is not some superpower that has the will or the ability to mold Gaza into a new little Japan or South Korea, even if they 'win' this war. (Quote marks because I don't know what 'win' means in this war. Is it flattening entire Gaza and converting it into a parking lot? Is it just killing enough Hamas leadership to render Hamas unviable? Only Israel can answer that). I would also add that the record of U.S. in Iraq and Afghanistan has not been something worthy of emulation. So, I have even less expectation of something 'good' coming out of this war for Gaza.

Firstly, Israel is not the US. Israel cannot destroy Iran with its air force. Secondly, the US air force is indeed no joke, but Iran's entire defence doctrine for the past 30+ years has been centred around countering US air power via asymmetric means. How successful this will be, we hopefully never find out.

To me, comments about a country (especially my country) being 'destroyed' are not so tongue in cheek. But I appreciate your views otherwise.
Yes I understand, what I meant was end of the day every party is thinking on how to react. Hezbollah still is part of the Lebanese government so can't simply wade in Israel unless Israel goes out against them. Same for Iran. Just like Israel and the US have probably calculated they will suffer unacceptable losses (esp Israel) if Iran is attacked directly. This is why I always feel even without a nuke Iran won't be attacked as their missile arsenal is enough to deter Israel and the US.

My comment was more for the arm chair experts playing war simulators without realising nations have to think about their civilians before mass wars.

So you're Iranian hence your extremely aggressive response to my comment.
What is more aggressive, saying Israel and USA can 'destroy' Iran with 10 F-35 jets, or me correcting you?
My point was Iran has probably correctly calculated it will fight this with proxies, instead of having themselves attacked. Which is what they are doing and will do. Unless the US or Israel hits Iran directly, which neither of them are foolish enough to do.
I agree entirely.
Before you accuse me, I am atheist and have no interest in Sunni Shina feckery that blights both sects.
I also am not religious, so I would not accuse you of anything like that.

Clearly you are no fan of Hezbollah or Iran

But be reminded that they are the only ones acting out of 57 “Islamic” nations while all others talk

Yemen today can be added to the list

So on a balance of probability I would rate these 3 above anyone else
So my post said:

Hamas is no proxy of Iran or pawn of Iran for Iran to 'sacrifice' it. And Hezbollah and Iran appear scared to fire one rocket at Israel. And Hamas's tactics are their tactics, this is a fact. Hamas is not trained by Hezbollah. They share some tactics with each other on a small scale.

Hamas has more modern combat experience with Israel than Hezbollah. Another fact. Not sure what your response has to do with what I said. I will criticize Hezbollah in a rightful and justified manner.

What you're doing is gaslighting and lying. Fan or no fan of Iran or Hezbollah is irrelevant to the discussion. You want to make everything personal. I'm discussing facts on the ground. You're saying over the top and ridiculous things. And trying to take credit for Hamas's Toofan Al-Aqsa. Which is both rejected.

I think I don't fully follow the logic. Israel is not some superpower that has the will or the ability to mold Gaza into a new little Japan or South Korea, even if they 'win' this war. (Quote marks because I don't know what 'win' means in this war. Is it flattening entire Gaza and converting it into a parking lot? Is it just killing enough Hamas leadership to render Hamas unviable? Only Israel can answer that). I would also add that the record of U.S. in Iraq and Afghanistan has not been something worthy of emulation. So, I have even less expectation of something 'good' coming out of this war for Gaza.

Bro if you even think like you said that israel wants gaza to be little Japan or south korea than apologies i will stop
Here and stop taking you seriously I hope you have read the news here they want to level the place! Goodluck!

Yes I understand, what I meant was end of the day every party is thinking on how to react. Hezbollah still is part of the Lebanese government so can't simply wade in Israel unless Israel goes out against them. Same for Iran. Just like Israel and the US have probably calculated they will suffer unacceptable losses (esp Israel) if Iran is attacked directly. This is why I always feel even without a nuke Iran won't be attacked as their missile arsenal is enough to deter Israel and the US.

My comment was more for the arm chair experts playing war simulators without realising nations have to think about their civilians before mass wars.
You can understand my reaction to someone saying 10 F-35 jets can destroy Iran. I appreciate your elaboration, and once again I agree entirely with everything you wrote.

Back
Top Bottom