What's new

Gaza-Israel Conflict | October 2023

Another serious question, why is Hezbollah taking more losses than they are acquiring in comparison to Hamas even though they being bombed day and night?

I know they are targeting the surveillance sites but my question stands what is the purpose? If it is helping the Palestinian in their operation I get it if they are doing their solo thing then why are they targeting sites but losing men? I hope I worded this properly
I just told you: "in a systematic effort to degrade Israeli surveillance/intelligence capabilities". This is just one facet of the strikes. IDF soldiers are hiding and don't show their faces near the Lebanese border these days. When they do they get neutralised, like they did today.

They are effectively a guerrilla movement fighting an enemy with air supremacy. Of course they will suffer greater casualties, although we should treat this with extreme caution given Israel's military censor and common practice of refusing to acknowledge casualties.

Another serious question, why is Hezbollah taking more losses than they are acquiring in comparison to Hamas even though they being bombed day and night?
They are not. Hezbollah is giving 2-8 martyrs per day (usually 1-3 anti-tank cells detected and pre-emptively hit by Israeli drones). 500-1000 Palestinians are being killed every day.

That was a very stupid question. Do better.

I just told you: "in a systematic effort to degrade Israeli surveillance/intelligence capabilities". This is just one facet of the strikes. IDF soldiers are hiding and don't show their faces near the Lebanese border these days. When they do they get neutralised, like they did today.

They are effectively a guerrilla movement fighting an enemy with air supremacy. Of course they will suffer greater casualties, although we should treat this with extreme caution given Israel's military censor and common practice of refusing to acknowledge casualties.

Brother I don’t mean to frustrate you I get what you’re saying but looking at the losses is it sustainable versus degrading surveillance sites? What is the end goal of targeting these sites are they going to invade? Don’t they have more of a missile arsenal than Hamas ? Something is not adding up to me.

They are not. Hezbollah is giving 2-8 martyrs per day (usually 1-3 anti-tank cells detected and pre-emptively hit by Israeli drones). 500-1000 Palestinians are being killed every day.

That was a very stupid question. Do better.

With all due respect it can be a stupid question I am not claiming to be a genius or the one who knows it all. Itnwould have been nice if you chose better language to relay the message.

Brother I don’t mean to frustrate you I get what you’re saying but looking at the losses is it sustainable versus degrading surveillance sites? What is the end goal of targeting these sites are they going to invade? Don’t they have more of a missile arsenal than Hamas ? Something is not adding up to me.
They are operating within ROE. The losses (on average 2 martyrs per day) are to be expected and still low. They are killing and injuring Israeli soldiers every day also. Their systematic degradation of Israeli surveillance/intelligence capabilities across the border obviously serve two purposes: (1) to draw out IDF forces from hiding to repair them, opening them up to Hezbollah attacks and (2) degrade Israeli surveillance capabilities, harming Israel's ability to defend against further Hezbollah attacks in the event of escalation.

In addition, these attacks have forced Israel to place hundreds of thousands of IDF soldiers near the northern border. Instead, they would be attacking Gaza. This indirectly benefits Gaza and hugely complicates Israeli calculus vis-a-vis Gaza.

They are operating within ROE. The losses (2-8 martyrs per day) are to be expected and still low. They are killing and injuring Israeli soldiers every day also. Their systematic degradation of Israeli surveillance/intelligence capabilities across the border obviously serve two purposes: (1) to draw out IDF forces to repair them and (2) degrade Israeli surveillance capabilities which harms Israel's ability to defend against further Hezbollah attacks in the event of escalation.

I have no doubt they are killing zionists. Just my opinion that they should up the ante rather than target surveillance sites for 2 weeks. But me and you both know the answer to that question brother and the answer is a whole carrier strike group floating in the Mediterranean. I am not a general so I don’t much about strategy. I was genuinelt curious.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom