What's new

Gandhi clan blamed for keeping India in poverty

congress wins because it takes advantage of poverty,illitracy,communalism,etc to win
and sadly with our media hyping thr rahul "yuvraj" and "next pm thing" i wont be surprised if he really becomes a pm

It would appear that democracy has not served india well. This is one of the reasons i say that western versions of democracy as a way forward for young countries is just a sham. Popularity is important but we need in our respective countries concentrate on education for the masses and look at ways of including merit and probity when we choose our leaders.

I disagree, people may have problems with individual parties but I don't think majority of Indians are looking for a 'benevolent dictator' like our neighbours. Democracy is the kingpin of 'Unity in Diversity' in our country.

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

The problem in india, that I have noticed is, is the division - you lot get united in times of crisis - such as wars, natural disasters etc, but in normal times, there is no one india, people feel more for their local caste, ethnic, regional, religious affiliation.

The Congress knows this and exploits this truth ruthlessly, the recent reservation for Muslims will ensure that they will retain their votes in the general election, also other measures will probably allow them to retain considerable support which will translate into major seats in the assembly's.
Is it not the case in Pakistan also where Sind votes for PP, Punjab for PML-n and NWFP for ANP. Is there any any political party in Pakistan that can be called truly national as Congress, BJP in India.

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

But i feel,Congress will be defeated in 2014 and NDA will form the government...

I predict a hung parliament.

Dissolve this Paramilitary Democracy & Go the French Way...unitary semi-presidential...

I disagree, people may have problems with individual parties but I don't think majority of Indians are looking for a 'benevolent dictator' like our neighbours. Democracy is the kingpin of 'Unity in Diversity' in our country.

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Is it not the case in Pakistan also where Sind votes for PP, Punjab for PML-n and NWFP for ANP. Is there any any political party in Pakistan that can be called truly national as Congress, BJP in India.

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

I predict a hung parliament.

PPP like them or loath them has a strong presence in all provincial assemblies, they are a national party. We also have a overlap of ethnicity.

According to our estimates, Congress will retain their traditional vote banks and will probably still emerge as the single largest party, thanks to votes from the minorities and the poor, even though their performance has not been the best, but their opponents such as the BJP are seen by them with very suspicious eyes.

I really dislike this idea of blaming one family/issue for such a huge issue. It is very much what India's western neighbour does with theor infamous conspiracy theory industry. Blaming a single cause for such a massive issue is point scoring and propaganda because the truth is for something like poverty in India there is no one root cause for the issue but a plethora of social/economic/political factors so by focusing on one cause you are maligning the rest and letting those causes go without question.

I'm sure the Gandhi's have played their part but calling them the sole cause is not only ignorant but just not true.

The main priority of the congress party is to keep india and indians uneducated,poor,undeveloped,unhealthy and divided.So ,they can exploit them easily by showing the photo of gandhi and having the name gandhi.

Guys I didn't read the articles but if its about Mahatma Gandhi then I strongly disagree. :angry: He did way more than the capacity of any human being and ultimately sacrificed his life for independence of India. I salute him. :angel:

As for the Gandhi clan, Indira Gandhi was the daughter of Jawaharlal Nehru and she married Feroze Gandhi. He had no blood relations to M.K.Gandhi. :whistle:

Then you have been brainwashed by our Congress spread education, dear friend. You need more knowledge and true knowledge to understand what has happened to our country because of that rat.

Then you have been brainwashed by our Congress spread education, dear friend. You need more knowledge and true knowledge to understand what has happened to our country because of that rat.

OMG!!! Dont compare those Poor creatures with Gandhis... All Sikkim Rat Association will Chew u like Cheese...

Indians vote election after election congress party, and sadly that party is full of sycophants. But what about other parties. Are they any better.
Look around, most other parties give tickets to kins of their leaders, many young parliamentarians are children of MPs.

So if it was not Gandhis, you would have Pilots, Scindhias, Sangmas, Chavans, Pattnaiks, will that change anything.

Why blame the Gandhis? They should look in their mirrors. Indians voted for their own poverty.

Calling Mahatma Gandhi a rat? You can have any opinion that you want to hold but when on a public fora, you need to exercise some basic decency. Gandhi is held by many, including me to be one of India's greatest sons. You may disagree but you have to learn to make that disagreement clear without being disagreeable yourself. I'm afraid you have utterly failed in that respect.

The new, multipolar political system is a remedy against corruption, poverty, etc.

"The new political system can minimize eternal problems of the power such as corruption, infringement of the rights and freedom under the imperfect legislation, etc. They are solved by cross check of several competing parties within the multi-polar government: the blunders of the contender raise chances of a survival in the power of other participants. The health-enhancing competition of political movements can benefit to all of society." The self-balancing political system. Ideology FOR People.

Recognize the problems of your country in the Russian history. :wave:

en.jpg

lets not drag mohandas gandhi into this. these are the fruits of nehru's loin..and his descendants.
They are Nehru's.. would not matter if they decided to change their last name to Ashoka or Maurya.

lets not drag mohandas gandhi into this. these are the fruits of nehru's loin..and his descendants.
They are Nehru's.. would not matter if they decided to change their last name to Ashoka or Maurya.
Call them gandhi or nehru, they are still the most well know political family in India, (but not the only one).
They did not rule India through autocracy, most congress men helped them retain the power who inturn were voted in by people.

Nobody forced people to vote congress, even the worst detractors of congress will agree they have ruled by popular mandate.

Call them gandhi or nehru, they are still the most well know political family in India, (but not the only one).
They did not rule India through autocracy, most congress men helped them retain the power who inturn were voted in by people.

Nobody forced people to vote congress, even the worst detractors of congress will agree they have ruled by popular mandate.
Congress has ruled for so long purely because of the naevity of the uneducated Indians. They come during election times, gives their mojo-dojo speech and these people get easily melted by it. They go for the short term gains as can be seen during the current elections- reservations, low cost rations for the poor etc.etc.etc.etc and vote these corrupt ba$#&rds back into power.
Just yesterday I met an oldie, who went by like this 'Anna Hazare ne bahut galat kiya hai, ye BJP hai na, is ne petrol pe surcharge lagaya tha iske vajah se puri mehangai badhi hui hai, anna hazare bahut galat kar raha hai'.

Back
Top Bottom