What's new

Galwan Valley. China got India by the neck?

@Joe Shearer

You seem to know a lot about a lot of things. You are like the PDF encyclopedia. Any idea what's going on there ?

In point form:
  1. Happens every time the patrolling season starts (there is a period of cold weather when neither side stirs out).
  2. Happens every time there is a change of formation on either side of the LAC.
  3. The PLA and their BDRs used to roam about freely in the past. Rare encounters of patrols were handled very well by both sides.
  4. The PLA has from the outset concentrated on building communications. Both rail and road communications in Xijang/Tibet are superb. Vulnerable but superb. Their roads run right down to the frontier, or what is now called the lines of control.
  5. The Indian side had the totally regressive position that improving infrastructure on our side would play into the hands of the PLA, and they would find it easier to advance along well-made roads, so the entire hinterland to the control lines should be left unattended.
  6. This idiotic view was only corrected recently.
  7. Since then, essential communications - road links, for the present, although it is possible to go to Srinagar by train from near the Banihal Pass now - has been worked upon very hard by the BRO and possibly other agencies.
  8. As a result, contacts are far more frequent.
  9. With increased contact, there has been a deterioration in manners on both sides. There has been physical violence.
  10. The rules governing these areas of proximity have become very, very weak. Behaviour on both sides has become much coarser.
  11. There has been no occupation of territory under Indian control by the PLA GF.
  12. They have made no permanent structures - as yet.

I have a simple question, if everyone is in her own border. Then why all this fuss? Why Indians have scheduled high level meeting with Chinese. After all Indians have already pushed them back. So, whats whe point.

Increased proximity, increased temporary infrastructure, increased contact and conflict when patrols meet each other and an unsettling tendency on both sides to resort to physical violence.

Why there is lt. General level meeting?

Relations have been deteriorating. If you want, I can send you a video of an interview of General Hooda, that is useful (or you can get it on your own; search on YouTube for Lt. Gen. D. S. Hooda. Hooda was always a quiet, discreet man who handled some very difficult situations while still in service.

In point form:
  1. Happens every time the patrolling season starts (there is a period of cold weather when neither side stirs out).
  2. Happens every time there is a change of formation on either side of the LAC.
  3. The PLA and their BDRs used to roam about freely in the past. Rare encounters of patrols were handled very well by both sides.
  4. The PLA has from the outset concentrated on building communications. Both rail and road communications in Xijang/Tibet are superb. Vulnerable but superb. Their roads run right down to the frontier, or what is now called the lines of control.
  5. The Indian side had the totally regressive position that improving infrastructure on our side would play into the hands of the PLA, and they would find it easier to advance along well-made roads, so the entire hinterland to the control lines should be left unattended.
  6. This idiotic view was only corrected recently.
  7. Since then, essential communications - road links, for the present, although it is possible to go to Srinagar by train from near the Banihal Pass now - has been worked upon very hard by the BRO and possibly other agencies.
  8. As a result, contacts are far more frequent.
  9. With increased contact, there has been a deterioration in manners on both sides. There has been physical violence.
  10. The rules governing these areas of proximity have become very, very weak. Behaviour on both sides has become much coarser.
  11. There has been no occupation of territory under Indian control by the PLA GF.
  12. They have made no permanent structures - as yet.

Increased proximity, increased temporary infrastructure, increased contact and conflict when patrols meet each other and an unsettling tendency on both sides to resort to physical violence.

Relations have been deteriorating. If you want, I can send you a video of an interview of General Hooda, that is useful (or you can get it on your own; search on YouTube for Lt. Gen. D. S. Hooda. Hooda was always a quiet, discreet man who handled some very difficult situations while still in service.

Well thanks for this.

However, there is a query. It is believed that there are differing perceptions of LAC i.e. for India it runs through Finger 8 and for China it runs through Finger 2, on the various maps that we have seen. Is it true that the Chinese have set up temporary structures in between this Finger 2 (their claim) and Finger 8 (our claim) ? Basically in the disputed area. Or is the Chinese build up and structure building happening behind Finger 8 i.e. behind our claim line ?

Well thanks for this.

However, there is a query. It is believed that there are differing perceptions of LAC i.e. for India it runs through Finger 8 and for China it runs through Finger 2, on the various maps that we have seen. Is it true that the Chinese have set up temporary structures in between this Finger 2 (their claim) and Finger 8 (our claim) ? Basically in the disputed area. Or is the Chinese build up and structure building happening behind Finger 8 i.e. behind our claim line ?

Reply on this by evening. I want to see for myself.

There has been no occupation of territory under Indian control by the PLA GF.

Rubbish. PLA are already within the firing range of DBO road sitting on top of the hills both north and south of Galwan river valley, previously part of Indian territory.

This present situation got nothing to do as to what was happening in past. Your establishment constant itch to do "something" in Azad Kashmir and GB region, the starting point of CPEC, has got consequences and what happened in Galwan is just one of them.

Consider this as pre-emptive actions (wont call it a strike as yet) to knock some sense into Indian establishment. Hope better sense prevail.

Last edited:
Rubbish. PLA are already within the firing range of DBO road sitting on top of the hills both north and south of Galwan river valley, previously part of Indian territory.

This present situation got nothing to do as to what was happening in past. Your establishment constant itch to do "something" in Azad Kashmir and GB region, the starting point of CPEC, has got consequences and what happened in Galwan is just one of them.

Consider this as pre-emptive actions (wont call it a strike as yet) to knock some sense into Indian establishment. Hope better sense prevail.

NOTHING has happened in the Galwan River Valley, other than the PLA being there with temporary infrastructure (tents) and in greater numbers than ever before. The PLA and its BDRs do this drama every year, and every time there is a new unit posted to a particular stretch, as does the Indian Army and the ITBP.

It is a function of time that the earlier manners and protocols have been wearing thin. These date back to 1988 and 1995, so they need renewal.

It is also a function of the pressure under which the current PRC leadership is, for various reasons, the virus being a major one, the US constant scratching the blackboard with their nails in the South China Sea being another, the increased activity by the Japanese, the South Koreans, the Australians, the Vietnamese, the Indonesians, the Malaysians, even, at times, the Thai, being yet another, the sudden return of Taiwan to the consciousness of diplomatic establishments in the world also one, the increasing voices of dissent within the PRC also.....

Please don't waste too much time preparing the flags and bunting; it is a funny thing to see Pakistani hyper-patriots seeing a great opening up of the skies above and a descent of the heavenly hosts to their defence, in these border incidents. The word you should be looking up is 'bathos'.

Tbh, I think all the PLA has to so is to stand at the edge of the cliffs facing the Shyok river in question- n mass urinate to flood the road just below of them.

This is not trolling, becos Mao Zedong indeed once said this before to India regarding the Chinese control of the Tibetan Plateau facing the Indians down hill.

My point is that the road is literally just below n within view of the PLA with the naked eye

Exactly! We intercepted their intent to attack and we preemptively occupied the high ground!

Now that you have won such a major victory, you can go home and drink green tea. Nothing left to be done; all of PDF Ladakh is now conquered and thoroughly subjugated.

Tbh, I think all the PLA has to so is to stand at the edge of the cliffs facing the Shyok river in question- n mass urinate to flood the road just below of them.

This is not trolling, becos Mao Zedong indeed once said this before to India regarding the Chinese control of the Tibetan Plateau facing the Indians down hill.

My point is that the road is literally just below n within view of the PLA with the naked eye

Not already done? You must post yourself immediately as senior military advisor, and show them how, personally. Great going, genius.

PS: while you are packing for your trip, just mull over the fact that Mao was a troll before even the Internet happened.

Exactly! We intercepted their intent to attack and we preemptively occupied the high ground!

There is definite coordination going on between Pakistan and China over this. Indian establishment was having verbal diarrhea recently about Azad Kashmir and Gilgit Balistan region of Pakistan, hope these actions will cure them.

qA3h6NH.jpg

There is definite coordination going on between Pakistan and China over this. Indian establishment was having verbal diarrhea recently about Azad Kashmir and Gilgit Balistan region of Pakistan, hope these actions will cure them.

:lol:......there is NO CURE for indian retardedness and delusions..........:rofl::rofl:

Indeed. Thats why I tried to explain to these educated fools like @Joe Shearer, with recent utterences of Indian establishment about Azad Kashmir/GB region of Pakistan, with maps and how the action in Galwan relates to the equation between Pakistan-China and India with regards to OBOR/CPEC, with their own media explain how DBO post is vital to them in their quest to disrupt Karakorum highway between Pakistan and China, their own analyst, their own politicians, yet these people , in their typical denial out of their over inflated egos will not understand as to what is at play here. covid19, past issues, what non sense!

There is a reason why Galwan is not up for debate in tomorrow's meeting between PLA and Indian army. My understanding is that China will tell India to back off towards CPEC and all related issues going all the way to Gawadar port. Indian compliance or lack off will decide the future course of actions.

Back
Top Bottom