What's new

Fund Raising Status for Diamer Basha And Mohmand Dam

This dam is happening now. I believe the 2018-19 budget also has 10 billion rupees allocated for these dams. It remains to be seen what the new government will do about it though.

The problem is not the exact figure. The problem is the legal status of the area as disputed territory that is formally not part of Pakistan yet. There was a move to declare Gilgit-Baltistan a province of Pakistan, but that seems to be in limbo for now given its ramifications.
That hasn't stopped India from building dams like kishanganga on their side.

As per the previous government officials, ADB will come in once 20% equity is there.

For which dam? Diamer Basha? Wont happen because India will object in the grounds of disputed territory. World Bank and ADB have already refused earlier, asking the government of Pakistan to get a no objection certificate from India.

That hasn't stopped India from building dams like kishanganga on their side.

All dams in Indian Kashmir are funded completely by the Government of India.

For which dam? Diamer Basha? Wont happen because India will object in the grounds of disputed territory. World Bank and ADB have already refused earlier, asking the government of Pakistan to get a no objection certificate from India.

All dams in Indian Kashmir are funded completely by the Government of India.
Time will tell what happens in reality. The minister was very optimistic with his statement regarding ADB as well some other countries though.

https://nation.com.pk/09-Jan-2017/s...am-asif?show=blocks?version=ampexpress.com.pk

Time will tell what happens in reality. The minister was very optimistic with his statement regarding ADB though.

Just read up the history of this project and you will see that both world bank and ADB have already refused on the grounds I mentioned.

Just read up the history of this project and you will see that both world bank and ADB have already refused on the grounds I mentioned.
Keep dreaming that we will not and here we will make this thing happened like we did before with the help of Allah

Who cares if you build a dam. It doesn't affect us in any way.:) You're lower riparian.
Smile can not hide the fire on your lower back. Burnol can. Use it it will help and keep visiting this thread.

Last edited:
Of course, but I don't think India will ever sign the NOC, gotta keep disputed territory status. ;)
No worries we wont ask for the NOC. Our sovereignty is very dear to us and so is our ability to decide and do things for our benefit.

Like I said, it doesn't really affect us. I don't see a reason for India/Indians to be concerned about the dam in lower riparian.
Just look at this map to understand the water source of Indus River. A lot of it come from outside the Indian occupied areas. Don't forget the water flows from Tibet China into IOK and thus there could be repercussions for any foolish adventures.

upload_2018-9-6_14-9-27.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom