What's new

Fund Raising Status for Diamer Basha And Mohmand Dam

Screenshot_20180817-093808_Chrome.jpg

Sbp page isnt working
Direct link

Ok, And which two dams are you talking about? Basha and????
Also is there any link to confirm all this?

I am really interested in knowing how much money is actually being targeted to get from this drive. It must be similar to the cost of dam obviously, the near we can get to it the better. However should know how much is actually required.

Sir no need to worry. Our track record show we will get max 1~2$B & actual could be lower then 1$Billion.

Second people figures are all wrong 14$B+ is more realistic. Final could be much higher. You will need long & multiple high transmission line.

whats most interesting is that with so many dams planned in North how many Main Lines u need b/w North & Existing Main Line.

Other then Money their is another Way people can help. Reduced Load & Probably Add electricity in System.
I am talking about Solar System. Think if all those who can afford installed Complete Solar Setup in Homes. How much load it will reduced and add electricity in system when not in use.

Other then Money their is another Way people can help. Reduced Load & Probably Add electricity in System.
I am talking about Solar System. Think if all those who can afford installed Complete Solar Setup in Homes. How much load it will reduced and add electricity in system when not in use.
Doing it already. Will be applying for net metering next summer now but i am off the national grid for two summers now (day time). :)

Doing it already. Will be applying for net metering next summer now but i am off the national grid for two summers now (day time). :)
Do it already otherwise you current meter will spike your bill to almost double because at peak load when your house will be completely running on solar, the extra electricity going back to the grid will also be put to your bill. You can search for more details on pakwheels. There is a complete thread on solar system.

Do it already otherwise you current meter will spike your bill to almost double because at peak load when your house will be completely running on solar, the extra electricity going back to the grid will also be put to your bill. You can search for more details on pakwheels. There is a complete thread on solar system.
Na na,, i have not connected it with the meter yet. I mean, currently i am not contributing anything back to WAPDA. The house runs on Solar in day, ACs, Fridge and Freezers, EVERYTHING. At night, we shift to WAPDA. Will get the net metering meter and then start sending it back to grid in day time. Not yet.

Aah dear friend
Look here you are little miss informed, or Ignorant, it's not your fault, it's media's fault. They never discuss these type of things.
How we make terbela dam, Americans invested in that dam..
Why not we are asking for investment in case of bhasha dam..
First the Americans are interested, but they backed out.
Then the world Bank was interested to fund this dam , but backed out at last moment.
Mind you, they are finding equally large dam such as dasu dam in kpk.... Then why not fund bhasha dam. After all what is their enmity with bhasha dam?
Then we made Chinese pledge to make this dam. Initially they are not interested but due to our persuasion they agreed.
But due to their terms Pakistan backed out. Though they are making a tahkot dam which is another big dam in punjab, kpk and azad kashmir.
If you ask for funding for Mohmand dam. You would find it easily but if you ask for bhasha you would not get any?
Why
Why
Why
Because bhasha is located in gb and gb status is disputed. Azad kashmir has free setup with own pm.
But we treat gb as province. While we never give it a proper provincial status.
This is sad.
Due to gb disputed status, no Body was ready to invest.
Asian development bank denied. World Bank ask us to take permission from India... Imagine.
And no country was ready to Fund.
The gulf countries might but they are not. Cosy with pakistan during sherif regime.
We can hope with Imran things get better.

Government is in such economic crises that, they cannot spare a penny for few years Atleast.

People should have donated more, if shaukat Khanum type campaign was started by some charismatic leader.
It is good initiative.
We have purchased 85 percent of land for dam.. Rest 15 percent consists of villages.
You have to make new villages.
Then persuade those villagers to move into new villages. You have to give them new and better homes , you also have to buy their old homes.
Only this project cost quarter of the 1400 billion.
We should start this dam as soon as we can. Chief justice took great initiative but we didn't reposed well.
If we took long, people would make it another kalabagh.
The only problem is funding.
Saudis should be begged littrely to invest in this dam.

If we have money we can built this dam easily in 4 to 5 years.
Even if government allot yearly money of 200 billion we still can compete in 10 years. Cost would increase.
But government is pauper. They cannot give money to this dam. This is the major reason that we are still unable to built this dam, after cutting the ribbon for 3 times. Only because we don't have enough money and nobody was ready to invest.
Pakistanis have not reposndes well to cheif justice plea. Atleast we would have 10 billion by now but no.
People don't understand.
Total bs we have money
Pakistan federal PSDP(not total
Just federal) is around 1 trillion rupees so we would have needee just to spend 5% of psdp/development fund over 8 years to build the dam

Combination of three bus metros is more costful than bhasha dam

There is an alternative to this. Just buid so many local bodies for conservation. Build check dams, ponds, farm ponds etc. Recharge ground warer. Recycle sevage waste and use it in farming. There are so many examples in India where dry water scarcity are was converted into lush green land full of water.

A very interesting watch. How a dry land converted into a lush green area.

A beautiful river was revived in Punjab.

Total bs we have money
Pakistan federal PSDP(not total
Just federal) is around 1 trillion rupees so we would have needee just to spend 5% of psdp/development fund over 8 years to build the dam

Combination of three bus metros is more costful than bhasha dam
Again, it takes you a second to call my comment bullshit.
Sadly you add very misinformed.
Those three metros are investment by China or Turkey, either direct investment or loans in case of orange train.
We never built those metros on our resources or our money.
And if we can spare some money, it would have been built by now.

:tup: Add to it Tesla Powerwall(or something analogous that might be cheaper) if possible...really helps cutting the cost during peak hours.

:tup: Add to it Tesla Powerwall(or something analogous that might be cheaper) if possible...really helps cutting the cost during peak hours.
Hmmm, will look into it. My plan is to wait for a few months now. For now, i have running a closed circuit really with house running on solar in day time and on WAPDA at night. The idea is to add a few more panels, may be 6 or 8, get a two way inverter so i can send electricity back to the grid in day time and do that after i have got a net metering two way meter from WAPDA. Will apply for that in December January and then extend the Solar setup in March-April.

Hmmm, will look into it. My plan is to wait for a few months now. For now, i have running a closed circuit really with house running on solar in day time and on WAPDA at night. The idea is to add a few more panels, may be 6 or 8, get a two way inverter so i can send electricity back to the grid in day time and do that after i have got a net metering two way meter from WAPDA. Will apply for that in December January and then extend the Solar setup in March-April.
Before u decide to set it up to send excess electricity back to the grid do check with ur local electricity provider. Idk about Pak since I haven't lived there in ages but here in US there are some cases(based on whether it's older infrastructure or not) where it's not possible for ppl to send excess electricity back to the grid...though it happens in very few cases. In most locations it is possible.

As for the power wall...it's just a battery which can be set up to store excess electricity, which u can use on cloudy days or any other time. IMO it's a really good combo with solar panels but the downside is that it can be pricey.

Back
Top Bottom