What's new

Fund Raising Status for Diamer Basha And Mohmand Dam

Can someone please share what is the target amount? SC should have actually mentioned that in their charts/tables.

Can someone please share what is the target amount? SC should have actually mentioned that in their charts/tables.
there is no target
cost of dam parts for two projects is around 600 billion rupees

there is no target
cost of dam parts for two projects is around 600 billion rupees
Sorry what? Cost of dam parts for two?
You mean to say that cost of TWO dams is 600billion RS?
Which two dams?

dams excluding electrical works
Ok, And which two dams are you talking about? Basha and????
Also is there any link to confirm all this?

I am really interested in knowing how much money is actually being targeted to get from this drive. It must be similar to the cost of dam obviously, the near we can get to it the better. However should know how much is actually required.

Ok, And which two dams are you talking about? Basha and????
Also is there any link to confirm all this?

I am really interested in knowing how much money is actually being targeted to get from this drive. It must be similar to the cost of dam obviously, the near we can get to it the better. However should know how much is actually required.
just google it
bhasha dam has been approved at cost of 560 billion rupees excluding electrical work, remember tarbela dam electrical part was built over 3 decades in parts
munda dam cost is 200 billion rupees and dam cost is thought to be at around 80 billion rupees

Well I finally decided to give up on Western Union (They did not recognize state bank of Pakistan after I filled their dumb forms), so instead went to State Bank of Pakistan's site they have link
http://www.sbp.org.pk/ click top link and you pay nice and easy

You can make a donation electronically via credit card , I think my problem is solved

Donated 9,000 rupees

8-)

Thank you to the initiative to setup credit card payment right on state bank site
DAM_DONATED.png

Now I can finally say I am part of this project
donation_status_15thAugust.png

Last edited:
There is an alternative to this. Just buid so many local bodies for conservation. Build check dams, ponds, farm ponds etc. Recharge ground warer. Recycle sevage waste and use it in farming. There are so many examples in India where dry water scarcity are was converted into lush green land full of water.

It is really easy for folks who are working every 2 weeks get paid make small contribution
even video game these days costs 100 bucks ~ 9,000 rupees

It is really about collective awakening

200 million people ~ donate 100 bucks each = 20 Billion Dollars

The question is can the 200 million Pakistan develop that self belief!!

Last edited:
so sad in my nation today. They have become so dumb and stupid.
They think that 838 million collected is some big amount .
But it is only 83 caror and something....
This is in rupees and the total value of only making diamer bhasha dam is 14 billion dollars which meant 1400 billion rupees.
Abhi tak 1 billion bhi pora nhn hua... Baqi 1399 billion aur chahiya. Sirf....
Dam bana na koi asan kam nhn.
Wo jo Jazbati Facebook mafia dam dam ker raha tha, paisa daine main sub se peecha hain.
Cheif justice took best initive. This nation didnt repond the way they should.
Are these dam constructed in 30 days?. This is years of process and you have to understand the Pakistan situation. In these 30 days we have election and then eid. This is good collection of money and after Eid it will increase in faster pace InShaAllah. When i visit Pakistan after eid, i will also donate my first contribution for this project.InShaAllah. (By the way please send me procedure and where can i deposit money)

so sad in my nation today. They have become so dumb and stupid.
They think that 838 million collected is some big amount .
But it is only 83 caror and something....
This is in rupees and the total value of only making diamer bhasha dam is 14 billion dollars which meant 1400 billion rupees.
Abhi tak 1 billion bhi pora nhn hua... Baqi 1399 billion aur chahiya. Sirf....
Dam bana na koi asan kam nhn.
Wo jo Jazbati Facebook mafia dam dam ker raha tha, paisa daine main sub se peecha hain.
Cheif justice took best initive. This nation didnt repond the way they should.
you are competely wrong here..

How long did it take to built tarbela dam if we follow your method
Answer is 50+ years...(still going on)
Building dam need not to inculde electrical work so cost if dam part should only be included which is around 500 billion

Second if govt coughs out 200-250 billion rest can easily be provided through loans

Building dams money isnt the issue its lack of will power..orange train money would have been enough for bhasha dam

Building dam need not to inculde electrical work so cost if dam part should only be included which is around 500 billion

Second if govt coughs out 200-250 billion rest can easily be provided through loans

Building dams money isnt the issue its lack of will power..orange train money would have been enough for bhasha dam

Aah dear friend
Look here you are little miss informed, or Ignorant, it's not your fault, it's media's fault. They never discuss these type of things.
How we make terbela dam, Americans invested in that dam..
Why not we are asking for investment in case of bhasha dam..
First the Americans are interested, but they backed out.
Then the world Bank was interested to fund this dam , but backed out at last moment.
Mind you, they are finding equally large dam such as dasu dam in kpk.... Then why not fund bhasha dam. After all what is their enmity with bhasha dam?
Then we made Chinese pledge to make this dam. Initially they are not interested but due to our persuasion they agreed.
But due to their terms Pakistan backed out. Though they are making a tahkot dam which is another big dam in punjab, kpk and azad kashmir.
If you ask for funding for Mohmand dam. You would find it easily but if you ask for bhasha you would not get any?
Why
Why
Why
Because bhasha is located in gb and gb status is disputed. Azad kashmir has free setup with own pm.
But we treat gb as province. While we never give it a proper provincial status.
This is sad.
Due to gb disputed status, no Body was ready to invest.
Asian development bank denied. World Bank ask us to take permission from India... Imagine.
And no country was ready to Fund.
The gulf countries might but they are not. Cosy with pakistan during sherif regime.
We can hope with Imran things get better.

Government is in such economic crises that, they cannot spare a penny for few years Atleast.

People should have donated more, if shaukat Khanum type campaign was started by some charismatic leader.
It is good initiative.
We have purchased 85 percent of land for dam.. Rest 15 percent consists of villages.
You have to make new villages.
Then persuade those villagers to move into new villages. You have to give them new and better homes , you also have to buy their old homes.
Only this project cost quarter of the 1400 billion.
We should start this dam as soon as we can. Chief justice took great initiative but we didn't reposed well.
If we took long, people would make it another kalabagh.
The only problem is funding.
Saudis should be begged littrely to invest in this dam.

Are these dam constructed in 30 days?. This is years of process and you have to understand the Pakistan situation. In these 30 days we have election and then eid. This is good collection of money and after Eid it will increase in faster pace InShaAllah. When i visit Pakistan after eid, i will also donate my first contribution for this project.InShaAllah. (By the way please send me procedure and where can i deposit money)
If we have money we can built this dam easily in 4 to 5 years.
Even if government allot yearly money of 200 billion we still can compete in 10 years. Cost would increase.
But government is pauper. They cannot give money to this dam. This is the major reason that we are still unable to built this dam, after cutting the ribbon for 3 times. Only because we don't have enough money and nobody was ready to invest.
Pakistanis have not reposndes well to cheif justice plea. Atleast we would have 10 billion by now but no.
People don't understand.

Pakistan now does not have anytime left so therefore the new Government will have to start the construction of dams as soon as possible. Everyday wasted is giving India edge over Pakistan.

Include these metro buses and we can have 2 or 3 more small dams.Problem solved.

Back
Top Bottom