What's new

'Friendly nation' supplied outdated satellite images during Kargil conflict: ex-Army chief

A satellite has more chance of the fuel running out first before its battery meets its calendar end. No one is stupid enough to send such a low life time battery into space. 99% of LEO satellies(recon satellites are LEO satellites because they need to be as close to the earth as possible to get a better resolution image) meet their end because of their fuel and not because of batteries.

A satellite has more chance of the fuel running out first before its battery meets its calendar end. No one is stupid enough to send such a low life time battery into space. 99% of LEO satellies(recon satellites are LEO satellites because they need to be as close to the earth as possible to get a better resolution image) meet their end because of their fuel and not because of batteries.

You are correct about the fuel running out thing,however poor battery discharge rate (i.e high self discharge rate) due to a a variety of reasons can cause poor performance of payload during eclipse time.

You are correct about the fuel running out thing,however poor battery discharge rate (i.e high self discharge rate) due to a a variety of reasons can cause poor performance of payload during eclipse time.
An eclipse only lasts a few hours. They could have just switched off their feed and turned it on after it was over. What you are saying is an extraordinary event of satellite battery failure which normally does not take place, but which is taking place when the situation was tense and many powerful countries wanted us to not fight a war because they were screaming their lungs out of a nuclear war in the subcontinent. And a phrase from Mailk himself saying "we were told that the battery of the satellite was about to die". "We were told.." meaning he doesn't believe what they say. If he believed he would have said "because the satellite battery was dying". Malik is being diplomatic here, neither telling the countries names nor blatantly accusing them of lying.

How can you be so sure?What if the entire life of the satellite was coming to an end?

They would already have another satellite up taking its place. The US knows the life of their satellites and wouldn't leave themselves blind unless the replacement exploded on launch.

Though practice brings perfection, but it is getting boring now, I mean how many times we have to defeat you guys to make you understand that you can never win a war against us; we are in different leagues. :-)

We know that. You are in the bottom and we are at the top. But thank you for writing that. It feels good when the opposition learns its place, even without reminding them. Good boy.

:sarcastic:

We know that. You are in the bottom and we are at the top. But thank you for writing that. It feels good when the opposition learns its place, even without reminding them. Good boy.

:sarcastic:

Very good, now change your diapers, they must be completely wet. :enjoy:

What i know and have read , Israel was the one who gave us ammunitation from their own depot.

The most helpful nation , during kargil . I always respect them for that .

An eclipse only lasts a few hours. They could have just switched off their feed and turned it on after it was over. What you are saying is an extraordinary event of satellite battery failure which normally does not take place, but which is taking place when the situation was tense and many powerful countries wanted us to not fight a war because they were screaming their lungs out of a nuclear war in the subcontinent. And a phrase from Mailk himself saying "we were told that the battery of the satellite was about to die". "We were told.." meaning he doesn't believe what they say. If he believed he would have said "because the satellite battery was dying". Malik is being diplomatic here, neither telling the countries names nor blatantly accusing them of lying.

Eclipse won't last beyond 90 minutes,if I am not wrong.Anyway I am not going to assume things bro,may be you are correct,may be not.
I appreciate your points anyway!

Pathetic. :lol:;):D

Oh please go troll on some other thread.We have better resolution sats than China today...
Pathetic troll:lol:;):D

india is super power , israel upgraded its jets to operate at high altitude in Kargil and a 'friendly nation' provided them with satellite imagery

It was back in 1998,today we have one of the best networks of Remote Sensing Sats..Now go troll somewhere else..

This wont happen again...

image_gallery

cartosat-2.jpg

Last edited:
India ko ullu banana koi mushkil kaam nahi. Our officers think, every think that glitters is gold.

Please elaborate your point bro.

in some consulate, a high ranking officer received a letter from WHO that they have to take vaccination for bird flue. All university said no to the vaccination, but many from consulate took it without knowing the side effects, just because it is modern LOL.

This is a small issue, but reflects the mentality and bad awareness of our high ranking officers.

in some consulate, a high ranking officer received a letter from WHO that they have to take vaccination for bird flue. All university said no to the vaccination, but many from consulate took it without knowing the side effects, just because it is modern LOL.

This is a small issue, but reflects the mentality and bad awareness of our high ranking officers.

You are not generalizing ,I hope.

Taking flu shots ...as conveyed by WHO directive when others have refused to do so constitutes act of stupidity in your opinion ???

Back
Top Bottom