What's new

Featured French offer to Egypt of 48 Rafale aircrafts from the French inventory fully upgraded to the F3-R

The SC

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Canada
rafale_article_img.jpg

After The Italians offered 24 Typhoon to Egypt.. France returned to negotiations with Egypt over the Rafale..Typhoon was a great pressure card..

France will supply 48 Rafale standard F3-R from the French Rafale fleet directly with Fast delivery..

Stocked but might be considered used as far as the price is concerned..

The deal includes the latest standard of the Rafale equipped to carry the meteor, and it will be a strong addition to the Egyptian existing inventory of Rafale..all to be upgraded to the F3-R standard..

The rumours came after..

Sisi meets French Defense Minister, discusses military cooperation

https://egyptindependent.com/sisi-meets-french-defense-minister-discusses-military-cooperation/

Last edited:
I am doubtful about weather this rumor that France has offered 48 Rafales from its inventory to Egypt is true,France has only 150 or so Rafales in service in its Air Force. I do not think that they can afford to give us a third of its inventory which is what 48 Rafales sounds like. They could have offered a portion of them as used and another portion as new.

I am doubtful about weather this rumor that France has offered 48 Rafales from its inventory to Egypt is true,France has only 150 or so Rafales in service in its Air Force. I do not think that they can afford to give us a third of its inventory which is what 48 Rafales sounds like. They could have offered a portion of them as used and another portion as new.

France will replace them by the F-4 standard.. so it is possible for Egypt to get these 48 F3-R standard ones..

Rafale “F4” standard launched

https://www.dassault-aviation.com/en/group/press/press-kits/rafale-f4-standard-launched/

I think you mean upgrade instead of getting brand new aircraft. I don't understand why would France want to buy new aircraft id they can just upgrade the aircraft in the inventory to the F4 standard.

I think you mean upgrade instead of getting brand new aircraft. I don't understand why would France want to buy new aircraft id they can just upgrade the aircraft in the inventory to the F4 standard.
"France also approved a proposal to include some F4 functionalities to the last 28 of 180 Rafale aircraft it has on order. The deliveries of these aircraft to the French air force will begin from 2023.
The French Air Force plans to order additional 30 F4 standard Rafale aircraft in 2023 and will be delivered between 2027 and 2030, Florence Parly, the French Defense Minister said Tuesday."

https://www.defenseworld.net/news/2...isting_Order_with_F4_Standard_Functionalities

Last edited:
Figures are good but Egypt is determined to have new aircraft, not even refurbished ones. I think the MoD is more or less waiting for the F4 standard before buying more fighters nowadays.

F-16 and Mirage 2000 are due to retire by the 2030s. Egyptian air force will consist only of twin engine fighter jets including Su-35, MiG-29, Rafale.

Typical plot by French

Arm up a Muslim country (Egypt) to go against another Muslim country (Turkey) , and both countries will suffer economically and then French will come waltzing in to broker peace

Typical plot by French

Arm up a Muslim country (Egypt) to go against another Muslim country (Turkey) , and both countries will suffer economically and then French will come waltzing in to broker peace

Yes, but you can't blame the French when you have stupid's in your own house. If I were in the French position I would take advantage of infighting to one up the enemy.

Typical plot by French

Often, politics trumps religion. In 30 years war, Catholic France allied with Protestants and attacked Catholic Holy Roman Empire.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom