What's new

Russia offers Egypt major arms deal

What ru talking about, those groups you named build shit, some unguided missiles/rockets, not sophisticated weaponry.

Yes they do, if you think only aircraft is considered sophisticated weaponry you're mistaken. They make things people are surprised by with what they have. Hamas produces it's own 80 kilometer missiles. And the IED's of both Hamas and Hezbollah have been proven to be effective and still are.

Yes they do, if you think only aircraft is considered sophisticated weaponry you're mistaken. They make things people are surprised by with what they have. Hamas produces it's own 80 kilometer missiles. And the IED's of both Hamas and Hezbollah have been proven to be effective and still are.

you do get my point though right

Nah, congress will not pass late version F15s equipped with BVR to a country in the middle east that is not their allie, not Saudi pressure.

LoL :lol: Have it your way then. They could have took the BVR off the table and gave you yet-remaining a $100 million fighter jet.

I wish the U.S. would cut Egypt loose. The best thing for us and Israel is for Egypt to buy inferior Russian (or Chinese) stuff. Then if we or Israel does have to bitch-slap them, we'll cut through that crappy Russian gear like a hot knife through butter. As always.

The last time the US faced modern Russian equipment was Vietnam, in which case the US lost thousands of aircraft, and tens of thousands of men but I applaud your arrogant and ignorant comment for creativity, as in you were creative when you made yourself look foolish.

LoL :lol: Have it your way then. They could have took the BVR off the table and gave you yet-remaining a $100 million fighter jet.

You do know none of that F15 and F18 story is official, I just heard it from some Iraqis on another forum, there has not been a DSCA congress notification of either F15s or F18s.

Also, an F15 without AMRAAM ...... you know how useless that is, buy an expensive aircraft with a powerful radar but no advanced BVR, it was designed for air battles so explain me why we need it without AIM-120.

I know though, the F15 looks cool.. but to pay that price for an F15 just because it looks cool, not worth it. Either way they would not sell it to us in the current ME situation, we could get SU 30/35 from Russia with BVR, I prefer SU 35 but SU 30 with advanced gear is good as well, Rafale is an option but I prefer the previous Russian ones.

The story of 160 F16’s and 40 F15’s for IQAF is not official for all we know, the only official part is the number of 200 fighter aircraft that they seek for minimum before they can say, the IQAF fighter squadrons are rebuilt, that part said by the air force commander.

Anyway, back to topic.

Last edited:
The last time the US faced modern Russian equipment was Vietnam, in which case the US lost thousands of aircraft, and tens of thousands of men but I applaud your arrogant and ignorant comment for creativity, as in you were creative when you made yourself look foolish.

What happened in Iraq ? Twice.

Iraq, much smaller regional power that took the US 2 wars, sanctions for decades, so many lifes, trillions!
It’s like us beating our chest feeling powerful of the Kuwait annexation which took less then a day, annex Russia or China then speak :D

Iraq, much smaller regional power that took the US 2 wars, sanctions for decades, so many lifes, trillions!
It’s like us beating our chest feeling powerful of the Kuwait annexation which took less then a day, annex Russia or China then speak :D

That was the last time we faced Russian equipment. Especially the start of Gulf War 1 with a powerful military force in the ME. 100 hours of ground warfare tells us about the equipment of the Russians. As well as the air warfare.

That was the last time we faced Russian equipment. Especially the start of Gulf War 1 with a powerful military force in the ME. 100 hours of ground warfare tells us about the equipment of the Russians. As well as the air warfare.

1991, end of cold war a good oppurtinity for the US to show the world they are the supepower.
Iraq is not comparable to the US, simply you can only compare Iraq to 1 state in the US.

The coalition used superior tech, trained crew, more funds, modern AWACS, superior electronic warfare blinding the enemy, long range missiles, do I need to go on ?

It doesn’t matter, arm the US in 1991 with SU 27, MIG 31 & MIG 29 squadrons, A50 Awacs and they would have won the air battles for the same reasons I mentioned above.
Not to mention "Export versions".

It isn’t a good example to compare equipment, for example in the Iran-Iraq war the MIG 25 did good which is a war more fair to compare, even in the gulf war the MIG 25 was useful due to it’s high speed and long range missiles forcing F15’s & E3 to abort their missions.

Personally I find the US Abrams better then the Russian tanks, as for aircraft I disagree.

Arms deal should not be made with Russia till their active involvement in Syrian war has ended. Giving lucrative deals to Russia is simply encouraging and rewarding bad behavior. I would recommend going for Chinese arms instead as they are trying to be as neutral as possible in Syria and not directly involved like Russia. In a few years, China will have everything Russia can produce and more.

Sunni Muslim nations from Indonesia, Pakistan, Bangladesh, GCC and Turkey are having increasing defense cooperation with China. Russia is mainly with majority Shia nations like Iran, Iraq etc. The only exception is Algeria, a cold war relic.

Russia is energy rich, so they can afford to not care about concerns of Mid-east oil source nations and pursue their anti-Sunni geopolitics more freely. May be they want revenge for the Chechnya and Afghanistan J!had. China is not energy rich, so they are dependent on both Shia and Sunni Mid-east nations for energy. So they will always be a more reliable supplier, because of this energy dependence, no bitter history and also because they are big arms suppliers for other Sunni Muslim nations as mentioned above.

So my recommendation, dump Russia and go with China. Yes, some Chinese defense tech is still not as mature as Russia, but if it is good for Chinese Armed forces, it is good enough for Egypt. And I am keeping my fingers crossed that Chinese tech will surpass Russian tech in 10-15 years.

China replaces UK to join top 5 global arms exporters - People's Daily Online

Ladies and Gentle man introducing Bangladeshi Batman:omghaha:

A military equipped with mostly 1960s even even 1950s equipment. You can also pretend that the Iraqi military had amazing generals and professional well trained personal, which we know was not the case.

Russia to supply Egypt with air-defense systems, contract already signed – Chemezov

Russia will be supplying the Egyptian army with air-defense systems, Rostec head Sergei Chemezov has announced to journalists on Monday.

A contract has already been signed.

“As far as Egypt is concerned, several contracts have already been signed, including those on air-defense systems. Some are still being discussed. We’re discussing various military hardware, including helicopters and aircrafts,” Chemezov said.

At the same time he emphasized the Egyptian side is facing financial problems.

“They’re discussing this question with their partners, I also hear they’re willing to ask Russia for a loan,” the head of Rostec added.

Answering a query whether a package agreement could be worth of $4 billion, Chemezov said: “If they had funds, we could supply them with weapons worth of any sum of money.”

Voice of Russia, RIA Novosti

Russia to supply Egypt with air-defense systems, contract already signed – Chemezov - News - World - The Voice of Russia: News, Breaking news, Politics, Economics, Business, Russia, International current events, Expert opinion, podcasts, Video

We handled their stuff before. No sweat. And we'd handle it again, need be. Their stuff is good if it's two third world countries going at it, but you can't send Russian stuff up against U.S./west stuff.

Well it kind of depends on who is flying those aircrafts. Machine is important up to an extent but it is really the pilot skills in the end that matter. BTW, let me give you some facts to remove your ignorance. In the 1970's Israeli Pilots went up against Pilots flying those crappy Russian planes 10 times and each time there was a dead Israeli Pilot in that fight. Try to guess who were flying the crappy Russian planes that killed or shot down Israeli Pilots flying US or Western Planes.

The Pilots on the other end in those 10 instances were Pakistani Pilots. Israeli Pilots faced off 10 times against Pakistani Pilots and lost each time. No Israeli Pilot has ever shot down a Pakistani Pilot, ever. Those are facts my ignorant friend.

Pakistani pilots who shot-down 10 Israeli jets | Rehmat's World

Iraq had almost no modern Russian weapons. And there were no supplies from Russia during the U.S. aggression.
If Russia carried out deliveries of S-300, T-80, Su-27 and other modern weapons, it would have ended like in Vietnam. Even worse.

Back
Top Bottom