What's new

French flags burnt in Pakistan as thousands protest at Charlie Hebdo

Rahul9090

Reaction score
Country
India
ISLAMABAD (AFP) - Protests against French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo were held across Pakistan on Sunday as thousands of people in almost all major cities chanted slogans against its printing of cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad.

Workers from both religious and secular political parties gathered in Lahore, Karachi, Islamabad, Quetta, Peshawar, Multan and many other cities and burnt effigies of French president Francois Hollande and of cartoonists at the magazine along with French flags.

More than 2,000 people marched in the largest city Karachi, where the Jamaat-e-Islami party organised a rally at the mausoleum of Mohammad Ali Jinnah, founding father of the nation.

A delegation of Christian pastors also took part to show solidarity with their Muslim countrymen

- See more at: French flags burnt in Pakistan as thousands protest at Charlie Hebdo - South Asia News & Top Stories - The Straits Times

AL-quetta-1801e.jpg

Boycott french goods. Better thing to do.
--
same can be said for USA too?

Nothing wrong here. People just excising their freedom of expression.
---
heee...see your tag line ..
as you have right to offend to they have..
if you give bullet to those who you think offended you.. what shall othet do if they think you offended them?

This is called freedom of expression.If anyone have pain in the as* they can ignore the news.

They do what they want.
They can burn french flags insult our president (wich isn't a bad thing :lol: ) it won't change anything.

its wrong when we do it,its ok when we do it.WHAT?

There is nothing wrong in protesting...but for most of you guys the protests ends by blowing yourself of taking up a gun and killing people mercilessly. By your point of view, I guess the killing of the journalist is justified too....Reminds me of the infamous Aisa Bibi case...and the killing of Punjab Governor Salman Taseer....Wasn't the killer showered with flower??..and the judge who sentenced him is in exile running for his life. Good going...it always starts with a so called peaceful protest after Friday prayers...burning of flags..stone pelting..and then planned attacks.

Nothing wrong here. People just excising their freedom of expression.

Absolutely correct on the freedom of expression, we allow it in the U.S too.

Do you have a rule against burning the Pakistani flag?

They do what they want.
They can burn french flags insult our president (wich isn't a bad thing :lol: ) it won't change anything.

That is just the beginning, unfortunately they don't stop at that. The example is in front of you...the shooting in Paris was just a form of protest.

There is nothing wrong in protesting...but for most of you guys the protests ends by blowing yourself of taking up a gun and killing people mercilessly. By your point of view, I guess the killing of the journalist is justified too....Reminds me of the infamous Aisa Bibi case...and the killing of Punjab Governor Salman Taseer....Wasn't the killer showered with flower??..and the judge who sentenced him is in exile running for his life. Good going...it always starts with a so called peaceful protest after Friday prayers...burning of flags..stone pelting..and then planned attacks.
my post was a joke,i am against it as much as you are,what they are doing is justified(protesting),how they are doing it is just not right?funny how political parties protest against this particular topic but when it comes to terrorism they say nothing.

my post was a joke,i am against it as much as you are,what they are doing is justified(protesting),how they are doing it is just not right?funny how political parties protest against this particular topic but when it comes to terrorism they say nothing.

I always fail to understand these logic, someone draws something in Denmark, people protest in India....Okay I get it. But the protest always ends up in burning of shops, destruction of public properties in India....now how can it help anybody. And if you go and ask those guys the reason why they are protesting...half of them will have no clue or partial knowledge of whats happening.

Last edited:
Absolutely correct on the freedom of expression, we allow it in the U.S too.

Do you have a rule against burning the Pakistani flag?

Don't know. There are rules towards respecting the flag etc. People on their own would beat the hell out of someone if someone would try to do anything like that.

Yes, burning the French flag could be offensive to the French, but Pakistanis are exercising their freedom of expression and the French understand it. No French is going to target the Pakistanis for this, unlike...

----------------

And the Muslims here saying that Charlie Hebdo brought it upon itself are doing a huge disservice to Islam, and are helping create a basis for enemies of Islam to justify such murders.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom