What's new

French Armed Forces

Status
Not open for further replies.
wasn't the FREMM joint project with Italy?

Of course it is.

PS: Are you really German ? If yes,Welcome,it is great to have another German member,because you are very few. You could debate with us and give your PoW. :cheers:
And of course,share some news and pics about the Bundeswehr. :D

Of course it is.

PS: Are you really German ? If yes,Welcome,it is great to have another German member,because you are very few. You could debate with us and give your PoW. :cheers:
And of course,share some news and pics about the Bundeswehr. :D
Yes i am German and thanks for warm welcome :)

The two most likely designs for the FTI ( supposedly smallish FREMMs ) :
View attachment 225881
Most likely, a big La Fayette of sorts …

View attachment 225882
also possible, a Gowind corvette family derivative.

Good evening all, Tay.
What will this class be called?

I always had respect for the soldiers of the engineering corps,nobody has bigger balls than them! Kuddos to them!

Z3ZJFBW.jpg

-
GgF7piy.png

83mF8UV.jpg

3IxLfw2.jpg

-
The VBMR 'Griffon' will replace the VABs by 2018.

eLlurH8.jpg

-

The EBRC will replace the AMX10RCs and the ERC90s by ~2020.

wD7PdsD.jpg

pzBxUjs.jpg
How Many VBMR Griffons and EBRCs will enter service?

@Bundeswehr

1722 VBMRs in a 6x6 version,and 358 VBMRs in a lighter 4x4 version. (=2080)

248 Jaguars.

We still have some hope that the order could be increased.... (maybe in the next military programming law...)

@Taygibay On croise les doigts ? :D

@Bundeswehr

1722 VBMRs in a 6x6 version,and 358 VBMRs in a lighter 4x4 version. (=2080)

248 Jaguars.

We still have some hope that the order could be increased.... (maybe in the next military programming law...)

@Taygibay On croise les doigts ? :D
Wow great improvements for our French brothers, continue the hard work

Yes, please. We need to see more pictures of the Bundeswehr.

Wait! Another French member?

So far i know we have:

@Gabriel92
@Taygibay
and now you -- @halloweene
Nihonjin1051 i would be glad to make a thread about the German Bundeswehr

Yes i am German and thanks for warm welcome :)

What will this class be called?

How Many VBMR Griffons and EBRCs will enter service?

So we have a new German bro here @Gabriel92. Welcome man, looking forward to learn some news about the German army. We have little news about Germany on here, despite the fact that Germany is Europe's leading economic power and a world technological powerhouse. Willkommen. :cheers:

Wow great improvements for our French brothers, continue the hard work

Nihonjin1051 i would be glad to make a thread about the German Bundeswehr

Maybe we can make a British-U.K-German thread. Analyzing Europe's leading powers and their military equipment..:enjoy:

So we have a new German bro here @Gabriel92. Welcome man, looking forward to learn some news about the German army. We have little news about Germany on here, despite the fact that Germany is Europe's leading economic power and a world technological powerhouse. Willkommen. :cheers:

Maybe we can make a British-U.K-German thread. Analyzing Europe's leading powers and their military equipment..:enjoy:
Maybe we should bro again thanks for welcoming. I would like to see a joint UK-German unit like that of Franco-German Brigade :cheers:

Maybe we should bro again thanks for welcoming. I would like to see a joint UK-German unit like that of Franco-German Brigade :cheers:

Yes seems we have more cooperation with France than with Germany i have always wondered why.:undecided:
UK to announce joint drone project with France - Channel 4 News
UK France defence: David Cameron hails new military co-operation between Britain and France - Telegraph
Britain and France sign historic 50-year military agreement | Daily Mail Online
'We may actually get something done': new era in Franco-German alliance | World news | The Guardian

Well, at least we have the Typhoon we built together which has been a success worldwide so far and is the best 4++ generation fighter jet out there(sorry with your Rafale @Gabriel92):P

Trust me, we Japanese have so much respect for the fighting capability of the Wermacht in the last great war. I wait to see the awakening of the German Eagle again. The same vigor that frightened nations. ;)

Yes seems we have more cooperation with France than with Germany i have always wondered why.:undecided:
UK to announce joint drone project with France - Channel 4 News
UK France defence: David Cameron hails new military co-operation between Britain and France - Telegraph
Britain and France sign historic 50-year military agreement | Daily Mail Online
'We may actually get something done': new era in Franco-German alliance | World news | The Guardian

Well, at least we have the Typhoon we built together which has been a success worldwide so far and is the best 4++ generation fighter jet out there(sorry with your Rafale @Gabriel92):P

LOOOOL! Yes, I agree that Germany should be encouraged to wake up from its self imposed military "nap". Are you ready tho? To have a military re-awakened Germany (all 82 million) ? ;)

Trust me, we Japanese have so much respect for the fighting capability of the Wermacht in the last great war. I wait to see the awakening of the German Eagle again. The same vigor that frightened nations. ;)

LOOOOL! Yes, I agree that Germany should be encouraged to wake up from its self imposed military "nap". Are you ready tho? To have a military re-awakened Germany (all 82 million) ? ;)

lool Obviously, we in Europe have already settled our beef/issues/ego over half a century ago since the end of the second world war. We have been the ones pleading with Germany to take more responsibilities and rearm so as to act a counterbalance to any Russian aggression/threats in eastern Europe since so far its been a heavy burden for only U.K and U.S forces stationed in the Baltic who have been doing almost all the job of reassuring other countries in east Europe about their security. , but the Germans are still reluctant to even arm their military with the minimum, since their public is deeply adverse/against anything military, they regard it as a taboo to even talk about arming their country with offensive weapons like all powers do. Well, we will keep pushing for Germany to shed its past guilt and assume more responsibility as Europe's leading economic power, a powerful Germany is in the interests of Europe/E.U as a whole. We all welcome that. :cheers:

President Urges Germany to Take More Military Responsibility
Time for German military to take more active role? - BBC News

Precisely, Germany's recent paradigm shift in proactive contribution to peace is in tandem with that of Japan's. Afterall, Japan and Germany were old and strong allies in the past war, we should reinvigorate that historical alliance in the present. Don't you think?

@Bundeswehr --- did i ever tell you that i am a fan of Prussian-style military marches? and cadances?

Handsome , dedicated boys ! ;)

lool Obviously, we in Europe have already settled our beef/issues/ego over half a century ago since the end of the second world war. We have been the ones pleading with Germany to take more responsibilities and rearm so as to act a counterbalance to any Russian aggression/threats in eastern Europe since so far its been a heavy burden for only U.K and U.S forces stationed in the Baltic who have been doing almost all the job of reassuring other countries in east Europe about their security. , but the Germans are still reluctant to even arm their military with the minimum, since their public is deeply adverse/against anything military, they regard it as a taboo to even talk about arming their country with offensive weapons like all powers do. Well, we will keep pushing for Germany to shed its past guilt and assume more responsibility as Europe's leading economic power, a powerful Germany is in the interests of Europe/E.U as a whole. We all welcome that. :cheers:

President Urges Germany to Take More Military Responsibility
Time for German military to take more active role? - BBC News

LOL! Of course, in the past war, Germany conquered most of Europa. In the present epoch, Germany controls Europe through her shear economy and politiks.

That's what I call ... Deutsche Power... ;)

Precisely, Germany's recent paradigm shift in proactive contribution to peace is in tandem with that of Japan's. Afterall, Japan and Germany were old and strong allies in the past war, we should reinvigorate that historical alliance in the present. Don't you think?

Yes, think with time even Germany is beginning to understand they need to assume their big power role in Europe for the sake of the E.U as a whole. This is a sign of good things to come
EU army is our goal Germany's defence chief to help Europe defend its values | Daily Mail Online
We need a European army, says Jean-Claude Juncker - BBC News

Many European countries support this idea(so do i). Even though our leaders are skeptical about this German idea, but then again you Know as a island country and former superpower, we still tend to be selfish with our sovereignty/independence a little bit too much i must admit. lol So i'm not sure we will agree to be part of this great project , which is unfortunate.:(

Well, i think we will still find a middle path, while not joining in, we will probably still find a middle path by cooperating with such a force and probably indulging in joint missions, projects and sharing intelligence etc while not being a full member, just like we did with the Euro and our pound.:partay:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom