What's new

French Armed Forces

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Blue baseball caps actually but still … ;)
It's called a Patrol cap, not baseball cap. lol

79458a5c0.jpg

Many European countries support this idea(so do i). Even though our leaders are skeptical about this German idea, but then again you Know as a island country and former superpower, we still tend to be selfish with our sovereignty/independence a little bit too much i must admit. lol So i'm not sure we will agree to be part of this great project , which is unfortunate.:(

Well, there should be unanimity considering Germany's as well as Britain's goals are inexplicably linked. The foes are similar, the goals are even more similar.

Tho I must say Germany should adopt a policy that enables the country to wage war again, as well --- to increase the size of her military force.

lol So i'm not sure we will agree to be part of this great project , which is unfortunate.:(

Ah the perennial British spirit of rivalry. LOL!!!

What will this class be called?

It's right there in the post, Kerl : FTI / Frégates de Taille Intermédiaire …
which should translate to Medium Size Frigates but really mean between frigate size and smaller units.
It's all getting very confusing these last few years with ships being tagged / called destroyers although
they're nowhere near the size of those this term used to designate …

bin froh Sie zu sehen :cheers:.

@Gabriel92 Tu ne trouves pas l'espace intérieur trop restreint sur les nouveaux matos?
Moi, merde, habitué au VAB, il me manquerait de la place même en tenant compte de Félin.

Wait! Another French member?
Halloweene like myself had registered long before being noticed, Nihonjin my friend.
He chats less than most but his infos are more precise. Especially concerning a given Fr plane maker.
Saves time to read him contrary to that lost reading certain others you could say. :p:

@H Salut mec, as-tu apprécié le très rare patch Rafale résultat du Bold Quest 2015? L'OTAN est assez
fidèle des armes vues sur ses patch mais ça fait plaisir de la part des Américains qui gèrent cet exercice.

Yes seems we have more cooperation with France than with Germany i have always wondered why.
Because of the rather long cousin status since the Celts between you and us, Mike …
( the Goths are later invading hordes :dirol: ) and that thing with the Vikings on both sides of
the Channel resulting in England and those lands of ours you rented for so long and that
small colonial competition and …

It's safe to say we've known each other long enough to be chums. You're our favorite barbarians, LOL.
Heck, think of it, we've been co-designing stuff for a long time, say since our magnificent armored
cavalry*
forced you to invent 5th Gen bows? 600 years of military design cooperation mate! Cheers!
Ah! Agincourt! That was some serious live fire exercise! They don't test weapons like that anymore!
8-)

Well, at least we have the Typhoon we built together which has been a success worldwide so far and is the best 4++ generation fighter jet out there(sorry with your Rafale @Gabriel92)
Shift your useless generation things around a tad and you need not be sorry :
Typhoon is the best 4++ and Rafale the best 5- gen ( five minus ) ... with one operational 5th gen above it : Raptor ).
There see? Fixed that fer ya, guv'nor! :rofl:

Quick hello to all, I was very busy lately and will be back next week.
Great day to all of you good people, Tay.

* No, no, I'm not just saying that as an ex Portés Roues! :angel:

It's called a Patrol cap, not baseball cap. lol

Check the ones on the image I provided, my friend. I think they're baseball caps like probably
provided directly for and to the UN sanctioned troops.

Probably made in the US and part of their contribution to the mission as equipment value in dollars! :devil:

I have no problem with the patrol cap, I own a heavy gauge dark grey one myself. :-)

Good day to you mate, Tay.

@H Salut mec, as-tu apprécié le très rare patch Rafale résultat du Bold Quest 2015? L'OTAN est assez
fidèle des armes vues sur ses patch mais ça fait plaisir de la part des Américains qui gèrent cet exercice.

Source: French Armed Forces | Page 30

yes, had it straight from Fred FB account ;)

Shift your useless generation things around a tad and you need not be sorry :
Typhoon is the best 4++ and Rafale the best 5- gen ( five minus ) ... with one operational 5th gen above it : Raptor ).
There see? Fixed that fer ya, guv'nor!

Ne te moque pas de moi tay, c'est pas gentil.:( En tout cas, merci quand même pour l'infos. :partay:

TYPHOON
1434554727626.jpg

The world's most advanced new generation multi-role/swing-role combat aircraft available on the market.
ABOUT TYPHOON
1434554727181.jpg
Copyright: Geoffrey Lee
Typhoon gives air forces the capability to effectively deliver a full spectrum of air operations - from air policing and peace support, through to high intensity conflict, thanks to its inherent flexibility and adaptability. The aircraft's swing-role capability provides the widest possible range of air-to-air and air-to-surface mission profiles.

Together with our partners we have developed an aircraft that boasts unrivalled combat capability, impressive situational awareness, high survivability and the most advanced array of integrated sensors. In short, Typhoon is a total solution for any modern air force.

HOW IT PERFORMS
Without question one of the Typhoon's defining qualities is its versatility
  • Powered by two Eurojet EJ200 engines providing an excellent combat thrust-to-weight ratio in excess of 1.2:1 with 30% thrust growth available.
  • Typhoon’s robust design and Flight Control System enables the pilot to fly aggressively to outmanoeuvre enemy aircraft under all combat conditions.
  • Brakes off to take off in less than 8 seconds and supersonic under 30 seconds.
  • Brakes off to 36,000 feet Mach 1.6 in under 2½ minutes.
SWING-ROLE
Typhoon

Typhoon is a multi-role aircraft which can switch easily between being a fighter aircraft as well as a bomber aircraft. Thus making it a true swing-role aircraft.

PAVEWAY IV
Paveway™IV is the next generation guided weapon selected by the UK Ministry of Defence for the Precision Guided Bomb (PGB) programme.
1434554727542.jpg
Typhoon in flight
In an environment where time sensitive targeting remains fundamental to success, Paveway™IV provides the ultimate in operational flexibility. The combat proven dual-mode guidance, together with height of burst and penetrating capability in one weapon system, enable the decision of target engagement to be made right up to the point of release.

It has been successfully integrated onto the Harrier GR9/9A and Tornado GR4 and under contract is being integrated onto Typhoon and Joint Combat Aircraft. It expands the boundaries of traditional laser guided weapons and also exceeds the range of rival GPS guided bombs. The enhanced launch zone increases both weapon effectiveness and platform survivability.

HOW TO BUILD A TYPHOON
The Typhoon has been developed by four of the world's leading aerospace companies.
1434554727458.jpg
How to build a Typhoon - workshare
The partner companies involved include ourselves, Airbus Defence and Space (Germany), Alenia Aermacchi of Italy and Airbus Defence and Space (Spain). Each of the European Partner Companies has responsibility for different elements of the aircraft build with production work-shares corresponding to the number of aircraft ordered by each nation.

The partnership operates through Eurofighter GmbH, the company set up to manage the development and production of the Typhoon.

SUPPORTING TYPHOON ON THE FRONTLINE
1434554727626.jpg
Typhoon on the flight line
Getting the crews off the ground at such short notice called for a massive effort, not least from the men and women on our teams who support the RAF and UK MOD on a daily basis. But that’s what supporting Typhoon is all about.

THE TYPHOON HELMET
1434554619659.jpg
Typhoon helmet - front and back view
The Eurofighter Typhoon’s latest weapon – isn’t something slung under the wing – but a system with 'brians' that sits on the pilot’s head.

DID YOU KNOW?
1434554727267.jpg
The first of a new standard of Typhoon (Tranche 3) takes to the skies as part of its series of flight tests.
  • A single load of Typhoon fuel can send a Ford Ka around the world 6 times
  • Typhoon can pull up to 9g which creates loads equivalent to no less than 30 elephants pressing down on the wings
  • Typhoon can fly from Lands End to John ‘O Groats (603 miles) in under 30 mins
  • Alternatively we could go from London to Birmingham in under 6 mins
  • From releasing its brakes a Typhoon can take off in under 8 seconds
  • Typhoon can be supersonic in under 30 seconds
Typhoon | BAE Systems | International

Pas mal n'est-ce pas?:P

Attachments

• upload_2015-10-15_0-45-58.png
    upload_2015-10-15_0-45-58.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 16
  • upload_2015-10-15_0-45-58.png
    upload_2015-10-15_0-45-58.png
    226 bytes · Views: 10
Actually,180 Rafale have been ordered,the total order would be 225 or 286 rafale,it depends. But it would be most likely 225 rafale.
@Taygibay
Well actually it is not a very good week for Typhoons 'againg that drillilng pb + nearly lost a fuel tank in germany. AESA was also delayed. All in all, what every fighter plane probs encounter.

Actually,180 Rafale have been ordered,the total order would be 225 or 286 rafale,it depends. But it would be most likely 225 rafale.
@Taygibay

My analysis is roughly that 180 will be the maximum if the advanced research being done at present comes up
with serious results. Say DEDIRA finds solutions that require a new/modified airframe, for instance.
Then, post-"MLU" Rafales would be markedly different and the original production halted at 180 to open the
new standard deliveries in its place. Another angle is the possible concurrency to be derived from the UCAV
cooperation with the UK that may bring an optionally piloted aircraft which would muddle things up.

If the Rafale Bis option is activated, 180 will be the final tally for Rafale 1.0.
It begs to wonder about … What if the M2000 was kept as both secondary and trainer? La PAF sur 2000!!! :smitten:
For now, my view is unlikely. DEDIRA is nearly ready while INCAS and Tragedac won't be for the F3R 2018
and what's more DEDIRA apparently flies so that major structural work is unlikely to be necessary ( inlets? ).

225 is the real ultra-max. Sadly, we won't go back to 286-294-300 counts. Check my old friend Jon Lake's last
piece about envisioned numbers for the RAF ( 125 to 150 Fighter ACs ) by the end of the decade and you'll be …
huh … mildly reassured that France is doing … huh … let's settle for not so bad.*

Et on croise tout encore une fois, comme dirait Prof XXX.

Good evening all, Tay.

*IMHoO not enough.

Last edited:
Welcome friends... now go home:p:.

Et fransk Lynx helikopter ombord på helikopterdekket til fregatten KNM Fridtjof Nansen, som er flaggfartøy i SNMG1 (Standing NATO Maritime Group 1).

A French Lynx helicopter onboard HNoMS Fridtjof Nansen.

tkR6783.jpg

tkR7381.jpg

tkR6754.jpg

tkR6618.jpg

tkR7348.jpg

tkR7344.jpg

tkR7338.jpg

A thought for them and those that served there ( Mali &/or CPA 10 ).
Smaller units feel such hits quite hard but they'll carry on.

Tay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom