What's new

France shocked by murder of nine-year-old Calais girl

In the UK the politicians have either been brought or scared of the anti-EU press and all you hear is negative things about EU . No wonder the public want out.

Papers keep going on about the few billion that UK pays into the EU but they do not talk about the economic and security benefits this relatively measly sum provides.

If the EU exits in 2017 it could be the best thing for the EU as a whole.It might be bad in the short term but once people see the UK fail badly afterwards (and it will),the repercusions,it will only strenghten the remaining states.I for one want them to get out so they can serve as the poster child for idiocy and a reminder for the rest of us.

There isn't a single year since 1973 when our exports into Europe have exceeded our imports or when we received more in subsidies than we made in contributions.
Anyway, we shouldn't really go too far off topic here.

You are correct - this is off-topic.

By the way, does anybody know the girls real name? I think Chloe is just a name for the media. I can't see why there would be a legal requirement to keep it a secret.

"Your regional government ? " So,EU is a country ? Since when ? I didn't know.
I just said that we should control our borders,why do you see a problem on it ? Have you something to hide ? Mamma mia!

I want the EU like the roman empire, yes. And yes i have a problem with boarder conrtols within the EU. Why should have to wait for hours just travelling between italy and france so some idiot checks my passport?

Should we also reestablish the italian republics so i need a passport control when i travel to fireze or roma?

By the way, does anybody know the girls real name? I think Chloe is just a name for the media. I can't see why there would be a legal requirement to keep it a secret.

Her name was Chloe.
His murderer was Zbigniew huminski.

oWqXOtG.jpg

back to the past,before his trial,experts assessed that he was a psychopath....

I want the EU like the roman empire, yes. And yes i have a problem with boarder conrtols within the EU. Why should have to wait for hours just travelling between italy and france so some idiot checks my passport?

Should we also reestablish the italian republics so i need a passport control when i travel to fireze or roma?

It will be for our security,if we could control what's/who's entering our territory,there would have been no Charlie Hebdo for example.
If you're not happy,don't come in our country.
But be happy,it won't happen tomorrow,but it will,when we'll have politicians with big balls.

Her name was Chloe.
His murderer was Zbigniew huminski.

oWqXOtG.jpg

back to the past,before his trial,experts assessed that he was a psychopath....

It will be for our security,if we could control what's/who's entering our territory,there would have been no Charlie Hebdo for example.
If you're not happy,don't come in France.
But be happy,it won't happen tomorrow,but it will,when we'll have politicians with big balls.

France alone is a weak and powerless country. And no, i would not stand for hours at a checkpoint just because one idiot killed some random girl. Such things happen and will happen again. Beside that how exactly would that have prevented Charlie? Both had french passport and were born in france.

France alone is a weak and powerless country. And no, i would not stand for hours at a checkpoint just because one idiot killed some random girl. Such things happen and will happen again. Beside that how exactly would that have prevented Charlie? Both had french passport and were born in france.

Hope Angela will annex France,so we'll become a strong country. Das ist gut.
For Charlie Hebdo,as far as i know,you can't buy AKs in France (until proven otherwise),they imported their AKs from abroad and crossed the border without being worried.
So,if i want to,tomorrow i'll take my gun,cross the border and commit an attack in Italy,no one could have done anything to stop me.

Last edited:
If the EU exits in 2017 it could be the best thing for the EU as a whole.It might be bad in the short term but once people see the UK fail badly afterwards (and it will),the repercusions,it will only strenghten the remaining states.I for one want them to get out so they can serve as the poster child for idiocy and a reminder for the rest of us.

Trust me, the Brits can do without you, as they've always done. ;)

Every country in Europe has more murders than they did when the death penalty was abolished. This is despite medical technology being much more advanced now than it was then which means many who would have died in the fifties/sixties/seventies now survive.

But we do not know whether the murder rate would have risen anyway with the death penalty in place

Society is not as cohesive now as in the 1950s. There was a much greater sense of community in those days than now. People felt part of and cared for by a wider community. Nowadays you get all sorts of demented loners with a grudge against society who kill, and I think that some of these people at least would not have existed in the 1950s.

Murder rate - crime statistics - UK Crime - Murder UK - some statistics of murders in the UK.

Let us compare 1950 and 2010.

1950: 346
2010: 636

You need to bear in mind that the UK population was around 50 million on 1950 and was 62 million in 2010 and so the murder rate in fact has not gone up as much per capita as the actual numbers may suggest.

Hope Angela will annex France,so we'll become a strong country. Das ist gut.
For Charlie Hebdo,as far as i know,you can't buy AKs in France (until proven otherwise),they imported their AKs from abroad and crossed the border without being worried.
So,if i want to,tomorrow i'll take my gun,cross the border and commit an attack in Italy,no one could have done anything to stop me.

Yup, as nonnody could szop an italian. Its stupid to talk like that. Look...im italian working in germany and sometimes france. You want that i have to show my passport again and again just for going home - work and so on? Thats laughable.

This will be for our security,and your opinion will change nada,you can be happy or not,Nada.
But this won't happen tomorrow,so :cheers:

It will not change, since that would mean end of EU, end of free trade and end of any union at all. It will destroy tourism, trade and lead straight back into 18th century. And as much i feel sorry for a dead child, but thats not worth it.

Every country in Europe has more murders than they did when the death penalty was abolished. This is despite medical technology being much more advanced now than it was then which means many who would have died in the fifties/sixties/seventies now survive.
Yes, the Netherlands has more murders now than in 1870 when the death penalty was abolished (outside of martial law). Then again, the population has nearly quadrupled.....

You my also find this interesting
DPvNonDPStates.jpg

If we could control our borders,this thing could have never happen,(Maybe even the Charly Hebdo attack,until proven otherwise,you can't buy AKs in France... imported them from abroad,crossed the borders without being worried. :) ),he would have been intercepted ,he was banned from coming back in France,but took his car,crossed the border without being worried. Or he maybe teleported himself to Calais i don't know.

Non?

Govt targets Marseille’s AK47-wielding gangsters
Alain Gardère is Marseille’s third new prefect, or police chief, in just two years. He took office on Monday in a city blighted by soaring crime rates and the growing use of AK-47 assault rifles by criminal gangs. French Interior Minister Claude Guéant was in Marseille to see Gardère, who was part of his staff until now, start his new job as police supremo.
The Kalashnikov AK47 assault rifle, a potent symbol of violent anarchy, has made its grim stamp on Marseille’s underworld. The weapon has become an essential criminal accessory, the spokesman of the Unité de Police trade union, David-Olivier Reverdy, told FRANCE 24.
“It is the new Opinel [a popular and cheap brand of penknife] on the streets of Marseille,” he said.
Most of these weapons, which sell for 500 euros apiece on the city’s housing estates, come into Marseille through its busy sea port, one of the reasons the AK47 epidemic is unique to Marseille, Reverdy believes.
France - Govt targets Marseille’s AK47-wielding gangsters - France 24

Semi-automatic and automatic firearms are banned, but that hasn’t stopped drug dealers and terrorists from acquiring them in increasing numbers, according to the National Observatory for Delinquency, a state body created in 2003 by then-Interior Minister and later President Nicolas Sarkozy. The numbers of illegal weapons in France have increased by double digits for years, the body says.
“The French black market for weapons has been inundated with eastern European war artillery and arms,” said Philippe Capon, the head of UNSA police union. “They are everywhere in France.” AK-47s sell for 1,000 euros ($1,181) to 1,500 euros on the black market, he said.

Civilians in France aren’t allowed to possess military-style weapons unless they are a certified collector. Permits are required for hunting rifles and handguns and a background check is part of the process.
Military Weapons
Still, at least a dozen people were killed in 2014 in shootings with AK-47 rifles, in cities including Marseille, Toulouse and Istres. Police have seized military weapons such as Kalashnikovs and also the Israel-made Uzi automatic rifle, Capon said.

The Figaro newspaper reported in 2012 that the French police estimated that 4,000 “war weapons” were circulating illegally in France, citing unnamed police sources.
Such arms are relatively easy to procure in France, Rene-George Querry, the former head of anti-terrorism unit Uclat, said on BFM Television: “With all these conflicts around the world, they circulate pretty widely.”
Paris Killings Show Rise of Banned French ‘Weapons of War’ - Bloomberg Business

Yes, the Netherlands has more murders now than in 1870 when the death penalty was abolished (outside of martial law). Then again, the population has nearly quadrupled.....

You my also find this interesting
DPvNonDPStates.jpg

Non?

France - Govt targets Marseille’s AK47-wielding gangsters - France 24

Paris Killings Show Rise of Banned French ‘Weapons of War’ - Bloomberg Business
The heat is a stronger correlation than the death penalty in determining how violent a US state is. Also the black and latino population.

I meant Legally,not illegally. (These AKs are illegally imported from abroad)
Could you acquire a FAMAS in France, if you really wanted to and had the money?

The heat is a stronger correlation than the death penalty in determining how violent a US state is. Also the black and latino population.
So, if every country in Europe has more murders than they did when the death penalty was abolished, isn't that proof of.... global warming?.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom