What's new

France allows girls to consent to sex at 15, but bans hijab until 18

France appears set to make the lives of Muslim women harder with additional laws on what they are allowed to wear.

France's anti-Islam laws could be about to make the lives of Muslims much more difficult. A barrage of new restrictions is making its way through the French parliament, which, if finalised into law, could see Muslims face some of the draconian restrictions on their faith in Europe.

The latest amendment to the so-called "separatism bill" would seek to ban girls under the age of 18 from wearing the hijab in public spaces.

While the prohibition doesn't specify Muslim women, merely saying that it would prohibit "conspicuous religious" clothing that signifies a lower status for women in relation to men, many believe the real target is Muslim girls.

Another amendment to the law would see Muslim women who wear the veil not allowed to accompany their children on school trips.

Even before such amendments, the bill was controversial seen by many as an attempt to legalise rising anti-Muslim sentiment in the country.

The additional amendments have confirmed the worst-case fears that many had that the bill was being used to attack Muslims for believing in Islam.

Critics have decried the attack on Muslim women by the French state.

One critic pointed out that young girls are allowed to consent to sexual relations at 15, but the state won't allow girls to choose whether they want to wear a hijab.

"It isn't a law against the hijab. It's a law against Islam," added the activist.

France only recently established an age of consent after a series of sex scandals that rocked the country, which allowed sexual predators to escape justice after abusing young girls.

Another critic of France's proposed draconian laws warned that "there will be no real freedom unless we respect each other's faith."

Many have also pointed out French politicians' hypocrisy arguing that Muslim women are forced to wear the hijab while at the same they legislate to give police powers to inspect and compel women to take off their clothes.

"My hijab is what I choose to wear, and you are oppressing me to not have a choice while I have a constitutional right to wear what I please".

While others pointed to the fragility of French society, which sees women on the one hand as oppressed and, on the other hand as a threat to the integrity of the country.

Another aspect of the ban critics have pointed to is that often French law doesn't impact women of other faiths who also cover their hair but instead focuses on "liberating" only Muslim women.

"Muslim women don't need to be told what to wear, just like orthodox Christian or Hasidic Jewish women aren't policed for wearing headcovers.

In 2004 France banned the hijab from being worn in schools, a move that remains controversial.

The state followed this with another ban on Muslim face veil in 2011 while talking about France's "Christian heritage."

The whole idea of such freedom is, women are sex objects. You, or in fact anyone can ask them for sex, but she is not free to cover herself. So basically women can run, but they can't hide.
Ask French govt, how much support they have to give to single mothers each year? Much of the time, mother themselves don't know who the father is.
Children born in such environment are already ready to breed like animals.
But French govt doesn't want to hear any such thing.
Quraan rightly says about them: (They are) deaf, dumb (and) blind, so they do not return (to their Lord).
People of Africa are paying for bastards and jobless of France, basically.

@Mujahid Memon i have edited my post a little.

Last edited:
I quite literally laugh at the notion of not having babies and LGBTQ syndrome.
You're meant to have kids, if you don't well you're the last of your gene pool.

No wonder Muslim's are taking over the planet with their sexual drive :D
Having kids or not, your going to end up dead one day anyway and thats the absolute end of it. Having a million descendents didn't save genghis khan from passing into the black void of eternity.

You should try. But you won't because that would loss of business as they won't visit.

LOL. Ok. Should Indian Hindus also retaliate against Muslims?

They can revert back.
So their is no freedom of religion in france.

Whats the problem here? Pakistani society values religion, modesty over sex and your laws and social norms reflect this.

France values sexual freedom over religion, so their society and laws reflect that. You can argue that your values are better / superior but it's a bit rich to talk about double standards when Pakistani laws discriminate against non Muslims.

So their is no freedom of religion in france.
Well, let's first make islamic countries ideal for freedom of religion. Don't be hypocrites.
Nazis fasicts and modism have simialr concepts
My way or leave ...leave where???
To islamic countries obviously.

When you can raise voice for them sitting in an another country just for they being your coreligionists, why can't you take them in and show them the heaven that is an islamic country.

Very sensational title. But if you really want to make a comparison, you should add the phrase "in public".

Your assumption about me may or may not be correct, but it is irrelevant. Without any whataboutisms, answer this simple question:

How old was Miss Ayesha when Mister Mohammed married her?

Religious customs are forced in many families, and girls are generally the victims, since they are less likely than guys to be financially/emotionally independent.
All 'burqa/ face cover bans' tend to be due to this aspect of religious families.
Girls leaving their faith tend to be unsafe, and modern societies like France are working to make girls more free.
This may also hurt a few that practice their faith out of their free will, but by and large, these bans serve to weaken the control of conservative men over women.

Further, religious countries have sexual and dressing restrictions for women. So it's hypocritical for them to demand religious freedom in the free nations.

Last edited:
Lgbtq or people who become brainwashed by drag queens on youtube and get gender reassignment deal with hormonal problems and suicidal thoughts.

Its satanism.

Nothing wrong if allah creates someone gender neutral and they identify as such. But if they are created as man, and they identify as Women and vice versa. That is satanism.

Its not their lack of gender thats dragging them to suicide, rather its their disbelief in allah and their belief in Satan

Well, let's first make islamic countries ideal for freedom of religion. Don't be hypocrites.

To islamic countries obviously.

When you can raise voice for them sitting in an another country just for they being your coreligionists, why can't you take them in and show them the heaven that is an islamic country.
we do have freedom of religion. We don't ban people's religious clothing and we even allow christians and jews to have their own courts

Back
Top Bottom