What's new

Fourth Plutonium reactor under construction

With the events that happen Japan

Is Pakistan in the risk of having the same problems as Japans after earthquakes ?

According to some reports, KRL's uranium enrichment complex in Kahuta suffered a great deal of damage in the 2005 earthquake, and was shut down for a long period. However, The Chinese probably know how to build nuclear reactors that will survive medium level of an earthquake. Regarding the ones like Japan experienced, well, I do not think that even nuclear reactors in Europe or North America could sustain it better.

Sorry, but several books and reports were written about AQ Khan network while citing various sources, including from Pakistan. There is wide scale information about Pakistan's nuclear connections with all these countries and more. Although Musharraf put the blame on Khan for the nuclear proliferation project while knowing the truth, in my opinion he did it in order to save Pakistan from troubles with the US. In this situation, Pakistan denies its involvement in nuclear proliferation, the US take the bite, and no one need to make hard decisions in Washington and Islamabad.

Can you name a few of those books for my reading?

Libya has still not made the bomb. Recent events have shown Gaddafi isn't really a sensible person, so his words are worthless. If the US had real intel, then it wouldn't have taken the bite at all. Maybe they were testing Pakistan and our beloved King Musharraf just fell for it. :lol:

The information about Saudi Arabia is again from various sources, some of them Pakistanis, the same applies on the nuclear scientists meeting Bin Laden.

I believe Saudi Arabia will only opt for nuclear weapons as a last resort. It does need a deterrence if Iran acquires nukes. But it is not 100% certain that Iran will go for it.
As for Pakistani scientists meeting with Bin Laden, it may just be a rumor. Reports have been false before and they maybe so again.

According to some reports, KRL's uranium enrichment complex in Kahuta suffered a great deal of damage in the 2005 earthquake, and was shut down for a long period. However, The Chinese probably know how to build nuclear reactors that will survive medium level of an earthquake. Regarding the ones like Japan experienced, well, I do not think that even nuclear reactors in Europe or North America could sustain it better.

Japan's reactors are reportedly very old, pre 1970s. Technology has progressed since then.

According to some reports, KRL's uranium enrichment complex in Kahuta suffered a great deal of damage in the 2005 earthquake, and was shut down for a long period.

I don't think so but if we consider this report to be true then this shows our reactors have successfully face quake of about 8 and there had been zero contimination so feel relaxed. Others should improve their facilities. Lets pray such incident shouldn't happen anywhere in world

Japan's reactors are reportedly very old, pre 1970s. Technology has progressed since then.

The Japanese reactors were build and strengthen in order to sustain massive earthquakes, so I do not think it is a question of their technological advancement. Pakistan is also known for being a problematic zone regarding earthquakes, so I guess that the Chinese are taking that under consideration when the will reconstruct additional nuclear reactors in Pakistan.

Do you expect earthquakes in Japan and Pakistan only

These zionists are God's 'chosen people' so whatever they wish 'God' makes it come true! Earthquakes cannot happen in israel because 'God' protects it.

The Japanese reactors were build and strengthen in order to sustain massive earthquakes, so I do not think it is a question of their technological advancement. Pakistan is also known for being a problematic zone regarding earthquakes, so I guess that the Chinese are taking that under consideration when the will reconstruct additional nuclear reactors in Pakistan.

There are many aspects in improving the safety standards. But I agree that earthquakes are unpredictable and have the capacity to damage infrastructure to an unbelievable extent.

I have said this before: every nuclear nation should work on a stronger foundation for their reactors and focus on protection against natural disasters even more.

BTW, Davis was released, just as I predicted, and your Pakistan failed you again. Against your wishes, Davis will not be burned alive in the town square, but will have a fair trial in the US.

Pakistan didn't fail us, it's our government that puts itself for sale and can be bought by anyone with enough funds.

The trial wasn't fair either; no media personnel were allowed inside and neither were any civilians.
He wasn't even tried for illegal possession of weapons that are banned globally.
The family members of a third victim who was crushed to death by a US Embassy car that was rushing towards Davis, are still waiting for justice. This third person wasn't even considered in the trial.

He was released by a government that is known to be corrupt. They just managed to get in power through a sympathy vote for their leader who died in a terrorist attack.

Pakistan didn't fail us, it's our government that puts itself for sale and can be bought by anyone with enough funds.

The trial wasn't fair either; no media personnel were allowed inside and neither were any civilians.
He wasn't even tried for illegal possession of weapons that are banned globally.
The family members of a third victim who was crushed to death by a US Embassy car that was rushing towards Davis, are still waiting for justice. This third person wasn't even considered in the trial.

He was released by a government that is known to be corrupt. They just managed to get in power through a sympathy vote for their leader who died in a terrorist attack.

I was not speaking about Pakistan in reality, only on the "Pakistan" that is in the dinosaur (T-Rex) twisted mind. So, I apologise if you were offended.

You should not expect Pakistan government to any higher standards than manoeuvring, so you will not get disappointed. I understand your anxiety, but Davis will be sentenced in the US, and if his actions were a crime, then I am sure he will be found guilty. This is the time for the Pakistani people to show a little trust in the US courts while keeping in mind that he is still innocent and might remain in this status even after a trial.

I know you probably do not like my arguments but you should not take this case out of proportions, it is unfortunate incident, but it should not be used against the US or the CIA who are trying to defend their people from more terror attacks and help Pakistan to clean itself from terror organisations. Pakistan and its people should support the US in its cause and cooperate with its efforts.

There are many aspects in improving the safety standards. But I agree that earthquakes are unpredictable and have the capacity to damage infrastructure to an unbelievable extent.

I have said this before: every nuclear nation should work on a stronger foundation for their reactors and focus on protection against natural disasters even more.

Agreed, plutonium is a very dangerous material. As I understand, Pakistan's Nuclear Regulatory Authority (PNRA) is responsible for safety measures in Pakistan's nuclear facilities.

I was not speaking about Pakistan in reality, only on the "Pakistan" that is in the dinosaur (T-Rex) twisted mind. So, I apologise if you were offended.

You should not expect Pakistan government to any higher standards than manoeuvring, so you will not get disappointed. I understand your anxiety, but Davis will be sentenced in the US, and if his actions were a crime, then I am sure he will be found guilty. This is the time for the Pakistani people to show a little trust in the US courts while keeping in mind that he is still innocent and might remain in this status even after a trial.

I know you probably do not like my arguments but you should not take this case out of proportions, it is unfortunate incident, but it should not be used against the US or the CIA who are trying to defend their people from more terror attacks and help Pakistan to clean itself from terror organisations. Pakistan and its people should support the US in its cause and cooperate with its efforts.

I know who you were addressing so no offence taken. But I still feel strongly about our government being for sale. There is still one person who didn't get justice.

Update: As I understand it, the families accepted the blood-money, which was their right. But now many people are questioning the issue at its very core. So much publicity, for what?? If they wanted the money, then why all the commotion in the media? The victim's family has also moved out of the neighbourheed they were living in. Questions are being raised about the whole thing now.

Why the family had to move? How come they became the target of public anger? Because they accepted the money? Well, is it not their own business and they were under severe pressure of the security agencies?

I agree with you that if Davis is guilty and shot these two people with no justification, he should be punished and sit behind bars for the rest of his life (I do not support capital punishment). With all its problems (like the jury system), I have faith in the American judicial system to handle this case and make justice. If it appears that the case is being neglected or surrounded with corruption, it would reflect on the US creditability even among its allies.

Not everyone is angry. But people in their neighbouhood are. They supported the families when they said they don't want blood-money, only justice. The neighbours have been with them all this time and they've suddenly left without a word. That's what got them angry.

Secondly, the victim's wife had died or commited suicide and her last words were a request for justice. Now some people believe that she may have been encouraged instead of being stopped just to gain even more media attention. If this is the case, then the victim's mother and brothers are criminals.

Note: The sum involved is really huge. I believe that's why they accepted. Although the US govt. denies paying anything at all.

Thirdly, all this came at a time when the government had lost all its credibility and support (except for some die-hard supporters) and now this happened. People are really upset with the government. Davis is just one more failure attributed to the current govt. and will be heard from loudspeakers in rallies during election season.

You were not talking about Pakistan but you mention Pakistan and I'm not about to talk about israel but I'm going to mention it. I think israel's nuclear reactors are going to face the same kind of fate as we have seen in the case of Japan. Now, it may or may not be caused by natural disaster, so I think israel should dismantle its factory of WMD. BTW, Israel is an outcast that needs regular transfusion of blood from Washington. It’s existence is at the mercy of the Americans and this will be so as long as it exists. Ask yourself, why is it so? It is because it’s birth is illegitimate in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom