What's new

Four killed, over 600 arrested in Punjab Rangers raids

Seems like there is a Very good Connection b/w terrorists.
Can they be spotted by checking the phone calls?

Brother that picture you have shown is of a TV receiver and not a sat terminal. No sat terminal has a LNB ( low noise block ) these are fitted to tv dishes.

Now a real sat terminal would use a throne and thrane bgan terminal array (you can google it) AGMR1 and 2 have already been decrypted in 2012.

You can gain anonymity using a conventional network by playing around with the invite and 200 OK headers.
This can be achieved by configuring a Cisco 877 type router running on a mpls or OPn / Fftp or even adsl network to treat headers with inv and 200ok and send out masking when sending the 180 early media thus bypassing any attempt to peek when dropping calls at the EX or even LN level.

If you use the old method of listening to the DW/Drop wire at the Dacs this too would not work on a vphones because it is using 802.11n wireless yes you can tap into 802.11n using an am radio but if the caller is daisy chaining and using a unique dial code to connect to a private sip piggybacking on a private assured Cisco router then you would be hard pressed to tap that call. Unless you ran a wireshark type trace on the Lan side and wan side of the SBC handling that call and recorded the .pcap files. Then maybe, trust me that terminal is for TV it has a lnb so it's not a comms terminal :)
. Why all the gibberish when you could have just mentioned Wireshark.. heck Wireshark is not even used for this purpose, it's not a DPI software. It cant decrypt by itself it can't unhash the only thing it can do is sort out data .Not sure why u gave example of Cisco 887 when it can be any router brand/model and MPLS is not even part of the discussion, it's just a way to lesser packet RTT. So that's all irrelevant but if you meant IP network what matters is you deploy necessary security forensic standards and infrastructure at you PoP.

. Instead of all the gibberish you could have just mentioned Wireshark.. heck Wireshark is not even used for this purpose, it's not a DPI software. It cant decrypt by itself it can't unhash the only thing it can do is sort out data .Not sure why u gave example of Cisco 887 when it can be any router brand/model and MPLS is not even part of the discussion, it's just a way to lesser packet RTT. So that's all irrelevant but if you meant IP network what matters is you deploy necessary standards and infrastructure at you PoP.
He was just referring to vphone network established to hide a signal and was using wire shark to sniff packets but the process he referred is a long one and a bit difficult one there are much easier ways to hack into the network and encryption can be attacked by brute force. Any how these all are childish ways the most effective way is analyze data out put and by analyzing the amount of data transmitted and received you can isolate the line being used and then use further tools to attack it.

. Instead of all the gibberish you could have just mentioned Wireshark.. heck Wireshark is not even used for this purpose, it's not a DPI software. It cant decrypt by itself it can't unhash the only thing it can do is sort out data .Not sure why u gave example of Cisco 887 when it can be any router brand/model and MPLS is not even part of the discussion, it's just a way to lesser packet RTT. So that's all irrelevant but if you meant IP network what matters is you deploy necessary standards and infrastructure at you PoP.

You do know wireshark captures media files on ip telephony right? Or are you so ill trained you have never used the voip telephony filter in wireshark?

Why I used the example of Cisco 8 series is because it is the industry standard, handles sip alg and natting exceptionally well compared to dlink, net gear and drayteks.

So what about interception at the SBC are you telling me that AGM1 and 2 are still secure despite the NSA and other state actors having decypted them back in 2012.

Do you know what BGan is and why I mentioned it? Have you used one because I have and that is why I mentioned bgan because the sat reciever with an lnb is not a satellite broadband terminal.

I know what Wireshark is. It is an exceptional packet analysis tool, you can deploy it to sniff wireless as well as lan and wan traffic on the end point, SBC or tdm link. You need physical access of course, you telling me that our agencies don't have a back door to the Cisco switches for the ISPs Pakistan?

A tpon is more stable when considering voice traffic vid-a-vis adsl with the pathetic 200k upstream you can achieve in Pakistan. To handle a good volume call on g711 you would need a upstream of at least 1 meg, of course you could get by with adsl if you only handle 1 call.

Now then what if you were using a third party SIP trunk with an SBC outside Pakistan, you would physically need to connect a laptop to the Lan side of the SBC to capture the Pcap or on the lan side of the road be point.

Either way as the traffic is being sent via digital traffic it is not analog and so traditional means of using a drip wire tap on the dAcs (google the phrase) your next best option would be to physically have an intercept on the dsalm card at the tele exchange or the ftth cabinet.

Now going forward if you understand networking that is one thin but we are talking telecoms here. If you understand telecoms than you should have been able to comprehend industry terms such as ex, on, DACS, ftth?

Finally when you speak to people try to use a cordial tone because you came across like a dick swinging chootia the kind who get slapped back down to earth very fast :).

Also do you think Talibunnies use encryption keys? Come on get real guys we are not talking tetra and sepura handsets here, these are ducking Vphones!

Wow man u just called me a '***tia' for no reason.. I just advised to be clear and precise instead of adding irrelevant stuff. Seems it hurt ur ego. Anyways looks like ur putting ur daily routine sexperiments with Wireshark from home machine on the forum. Dear Wireshark is useless if ur using a VPN let alone it can only decrypt SSL/tls if regular RSA is used. If DHE or RSA ephemeral is used u wont be able to decrypt data .. and since its no more early 2000 and ur enemy is smarter looks like you are living 10 years back. There are more lethal DPIs in the market and ur romanticism with Wireshark that college students use for their assignments is v lame. DAC and FTTH are not even related to what's being discussed which was my original point. Stay focussed on what u want to say instead of throwing in different things. And I would have apologized for my tone(there was no pun intended) had u not insulted.. now I feel u deserved it.

Last edited:
Wow man u just called me a '***tia' for no reason.. I just advised to be clear and precise instead of adding irrelevant stuff. Seems it hurt ur ego. Anyways looks like ur putting ur daily routine sexperiments with Wireshark from home machine on the forum. Dear Wireshark is useless if ur using a VPN let alone it can only decrypt SSL/tls if regular RSA is used. If DHE or RSA ephemeral is used u wont be able to decrypt data .. and since its no more early 2000 and ur enemy is smarter looks like you are living 10 years back. There are more lethal DPIs in the market and ur romanticism with Wireshark that college students use for their assignments is v lame. And secondly our agencies don't need backdoors to local ISPs. the whole game is played at the three gateways(2 ptcl and 1 tw1) in KHI.sorry I can't reveal the details of what system they are running but that's all they need to get any VoIP phone And we run only Huawei not Cisco in our national Delta core at key spots for a reason. DAC and FTTH are not even related to what's being discussed which was my original point. Stay focussed on what u want to say instead of throwing in different things. And I would have apologized for my tone(there was no pun intended) had u not insulted.. now I feel u deserved it.

tribune.com.pk/story/908732/british-e-spy-agency-hacked-network-routers-to-access-almost-any-internet-user-in-pakistan/?amp=1

• Documents leaked by Mr Snowden that appear to show that the UK government acquired vast amounts of communications data from inside Pakistan by secretly hacking into routers manufactured by the US company, Cisco.
Tip of the iceberg my man! Tell me again what was it you were saying about not using Cisco? :P

Also don't worry my ego doesn't get hurt by randoms on the internet.

You do know wireshark captures media files on ip telephony right? Or are you so ill trained you have never used the voip telephony filter in wireshark?

Why I used the example of Cisco 8 series is because it is the industry standard, handles sip alg and natting exceptionally well compared to dlink, net gear and drayteks.

So what about interception at the SBC are you telling me that AGM1 and 2 are still secure despite the NSA and other state actors having decypted them back in 2012.

Do you know what BGan is and why I mentioned it? Have you used one because I have and that is why I mentioned bgan because the sat reciever with an lnb is not a satellite broadband terminal.

I know what Wireshark is. It is an exceptional packet analysis tool, you can deploy it to sniff wireless as well as lan and wan traffic on the end point, SBC or tdm link. You need physical access of course, you telling me that our agencies don't have a back door to the Cisco switches for the ISPs Pakistan?

A tpon is more stable when considering voice traffic vid-a-vis adsl with the pathetic 200k upstream you can achieve in Pakistan. To handle a good volume call on g711 you would need a upstream of at least 1 meg, of course you could get by with adsl if you only handle 1 call.

Now then what if you were using a third party SIP trunk with an SBC outside Pakistan, you would physically need to connect a laptop to the Lan side of the SBC to capture the Pcap or on the lan side of the road be point.

Either way as the traffic is being sent via digital traffic it is not analog and so traditional means of using a drip wire tap on the dAcs (google the phrase) your next best option would be to physically have an intercept on the dsalm card at the tele exchange or the ftth cabinet.

Now going forward if you understand networking that is one thin but we are talking telecoms here. If you understand telecoms than you should have been able to comprehend industry terms such as ex, on, DACS, ftth?

Finally when you speak to people try to use a cordial tone because you came across like a dick swinging chootia the kind who get slapped back down to earth very fast :).

Also do you think Talibunnies use encryption keys? Come on get real guys we are not talking tetra and sepura handsets here, these are ducking Vphones!
Wow man u just called me a '***tia' for no reason.. I just advised to be clear and precise instead of adding irrelevant stuff. Seems it hurt ur ego. Anyways looks like ur putting ur daily routine sexperiments with Wireshark from home machine on the forum. Dear Wireshark is useless if ur using a VPN let alone it can only decrypt SSL/tls if regular RSA is used. If DHE or RSA ephemeral is used u wont be able to decrypt data .. and since its no more early 2000 and ur enemy is smarter looks like you are living 10 years back. There are more lethal DPIs in the market and ur romanticism with Wireshark that college students use for their assignments is v lame. And secondly our agencies don't need backdoors to local ISPs. the whole game is played at the three gateways(2 ptcl and 1 tw1) in KHI.sorry I can't reveal the details of what system they are running but that's all they need to get any VoIP phone And we run only Huawei not Cisco in our national Delta core at key spots for a reason. DAC and FTTH are not even related to what's being discussed which was my original point. Stay focussed on what u want to say instead of throwing in different things. And I would have apologized for my tone(there was no pun intended) had u not insulted.. now I feel u deserved it.
GEEK FIGHT! GEEK FIGHT!

GEEK FIGHT! GEEK FIGHT!

It's not a fight merely a heated debate the other poster is correcting me but his method of persuasion is lacking at best.

Needless to say me bowing out of this dick swinging contest is perhaps for the best given that despite having such amazing black hat heros we still can't catch a bunch of bearded farts plotting to blow up a school.

Yup our cyber security is top knot here. Better call Ammar Jaffri and tell his to shut down PakCert we have all the experts here on PDF lol :P

tribune.com.pk/story/908732/british-e-spy-agency-hacked-network-routers-to-access-almost-any-internet-user-in-pakistan/?amp=1

• Documents leaked by Mr Snowden that appear to show that the UK government acquired vast amounts of communications data from inside Pakistan by secretly hacking into routers manufactured by the US company, Cisco.
Tip of the iceberg my man! Tell me again what was it you were saying about not using Cisco? :P

Also don't worry my ego doesn't get hurt by randoms on the internet.

read again what i wrote back there and this revelation is about incidents before 2008.

LOL, I'm still in shock that they have enough time to watch sas-bahu dramas

No no guys this is weapons of mass destruction level kit recovered! Better call the NSA, the CIA, Mossad, Raw and GCHQ. James Bond just got arrested!

I mean how pathetic, we cannot stop one lone actor sending emails containing sensitive information outside our country and here we are debating satellite dishes ! Lol, Pakistan ka Allah he Hafiz hain!

Worked for Cisco when VOIP was what they called an 'emerging technology' with a very small sales volume and this was just rolled out in all global offices internally only, back in early 2000s. Was kinda cool sitting in the cafeteria having breakfast whilst being on a conference call via the in-house testing VOIP software on the laptop.

And here we are nearly 2 decades later with terrorists using this technology and more.

Sanaullla mulla should be arrested and executed in military courts for providing safe heavens to lej terrorists and denying.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom