What's new

Four Indians among five 'missing' in Sylhet

BanglaBhoot

RETIRED TTA
Reaction score
Country
France
Sylhet, Oct 7 (bdnews24.com)—Plainclothes men, claiming to be law enforcers, have taken away four Indian students from a private medical college in Sylhet for 'questioning', while a doctor disappeared with unknown men.

Police and RAB authorities, however, have denied any involvement. The students missing are from Kashmir.

Ragib-Rabeya Medical College principal Nazmul Islam, a retired major general, told bdnews24.com plainclothes men posing as Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) members had taken three of his students away, saying they were needed for interrogation, Thursday night. Another was taken on Friday noon.

The students are Mohammad Ashraf, 'Amir' and 'Tasir'. The last one could not be identified.

Another private institution North East Medical College's medical unit clinical assistant , Abdur Rashid, was taken away by unidentified men on Thursday afternoon.

The college authorities filed a general diary at the Dakkhin Surma Police Station after seeing the incident on CCTV camera records, principal Afzal Hossain said.

RAB's legal and media wing director Mohammad Sohail told bdnews24.com they had no information of such an incident.

Dakkhin Surma police OC Abu Shyama Iqbal Hayat told bdnews24.com that police were looking into the general diary.

A source within police says the men may have been detained in connection to the arrest of Wasim, a Kashmiri medical student studying Unani in Dhaka, by the Indian National Intelligence Agency (NIA), in connection with Delhi High Court bombings.

According to the Times of India website, NIA on Friday arrested wasim, who is alleged to be a 'key link' in the conspiracy behind the Delhi High Court blast on Sep 7 that left 15 people dead and over 70 injured.

NIA has refused to say where Wasim was arrested, Times of India said.

Four Indians among five 'missing' in Sylhet | | bdnews24.com

Yes one of the student was handed over to Indian Authority for questionin of the Delhi high court blast, Indian media said.

and also caretaker of 10000000000 bangladeshi and thier 20 times children.we should return them.god knows why they can't do that

pathabe kamne?? agey to poyda korte hobe, huda akam e chillaiya lav nai!! Murgi dim parce, ta ditese, futley pathabe.... Ota ar dekhte hobena, tar agei potol tulba. . . .jottoshob!! Public er ar khayadaya kaj nai bangladesh er boosting economy falaia jaibo tomar rasta jharu dite.. Ami amar bashay kajer lok paina. . Ar ora naki muri murkir moto india gia fut-tase... Ajaira! Jao ga muri khao gia...

pathabe kamne?? agey to poyda korte hobe, huda akam e chillaiya lav nai!! Murgi dim parce, ta ditese, futley pathabe.... Ota ar dekhte hobena, tar agei potol tulba. . . .jottoshob!! Public er ar khayadaya kaj nai bangladesh er boosting economy falaia jaibo tomar rasta jharu dite.. Ami amar bashay kajer lok paina. . Ar ora naki muri murkir moto india gia fut-tase... Ajaira! Jao ga muri khao gia...

can you write english.please don't write that language who remember about those intruder who causing so much trouble in my NE

Yeah i noe, west bengalis can be troublesome sometimes.

sorry,I can differentiate between my countrymen and rufugees or intruder(because they are not criminal,pak-BD criket team supporter,they can tell name of place of thier orgin,not so reproductive,not cunning,not fighting for limited resouce to native and more than that they are well educated because they always come our state for good employment not for rag collecter or labour)

sorry,I can differentiate between my countrymen and rufugees or intruder(because they are not criminal,pak-BD criket team supporter,they can tell name of place of thier orgin,not so reproductive,not cunning,not fighting for limited resouce to native and more than that they are well educated because they always come our state for good employment not for rag collecter or labour)

We do have a problem of illegal immigration.It is mainly due to people in Bangladesh seeking for job opportunities.

We have a problem,so we seek for a solution.The direct approach is to stop people from crossing the border,make people think that crossing the border is a fearful thing,which BSF is doing pretty much nowadays.
But,I have experienced lot many things to which tends me to think that sometimes the direct approach to a solution may not be the right thing to do.
May be we should take an indirect approach.May be we should sincerely help Bangladesh to develop in a way that the people may no longer have the necessity to brave the bullets of BSF and cross the border for earning livelihood in India.I do think this approach is going to serve both the countries well in the longer run.

people are so short sighted. its like those redneck screaming "Bulild the fence!!!". If you want to stop illegal immigration hit the source of the problem, get some of the ngo's that are in up and bihar to go to bd to help people understand that 2 kids are enough and take an active role in making sure that bd is prosperous. If we have that much influence with hasina we should have used it to convince her to be better at her job.
The building of trade ties and transit will allow this, itll allow bd's economy to be tied to ours and we should help them grow at atleast 8%. Get tata to invest there or something.

We do have a problem of illegal immigration.It is mainly due to people in Bangladesh seeking for job opportunities.

We have a problem,so we seek for a solution.The direct approach is to stop people from crossing the border,make people think that crossing the border is a fearful thing,which BSF is doing pretty much nowadays.
But,I have experienced lot many things to which tends me to think that sometimes the direct approach to a solution may not be the right thing to do.
May be we should take an indirect approach.May be we should sincerely help Bangladesh to develop in a way that the people may no longer have the necessity to brave the bullets of BSF and cross the border for earning livelihood in India.I do think this approach is going to serve both the countries well in the longer run.

Bro,you are not in my place.you can't imagine how much problem caused by them because they destroying our natural beauty,flora and fuana in my north-east .i can assure you that slum voilence is conform where they live.whan you see traveguide of our north-east,you will find beautiful mountain but what will tourist think after watching those slum area.they cutting forest for supporting uncontrolable growing population

thik koisos. togo dashe, nala diya dudh boy, gache gache shondesh phote and bristir shathey shathey chocolate jhore. oi desh chaira amago dashe aitey jabo kan.

booming economy. my a$$.

4 Indians freed

Law-enforcers act mysteriously

Star Report

Law enforcers yesterday freed four Indian students of Jalalabad Ragib-Rabeya Medical College in Sylhet. They were detained early Friday allegedly on suspicion of being involved in the September 7 blast in New Delhi.

Mystery shrouds over who actually detained them, why and who interrogated them.

Law enforcers had earlier vehemently denied picking up the students but yesterday Inspector General of Police Hasan Mahmud Khandaker said the students from Indian Jammu and Kashmir state had been detained for questioning. He did not say which agency picked them up and why.

Meanwhile, final-year medical student Mohammad Wasim and doctor Ashrafuzzaman Chowdhury are still missing. They are traceless since September 22 and Wednesday night.

Maj Gen (retd) Nazmul Islam, principal of the medical college, told The Daily Star that the four Indian were dropped off a microbus in front of the college around 6:30am yesterday. He could not say who dropped them off, our Sylhet correspondent reports.

The freed students are Tousif Ahmed and Danesh Batt, third and fourth year MBBS students, and interns Tosaddek Rashid and Amir Amin Reshmi.

The principal had claimed that Rapid Action Battalion personnel picked up the four students Friday at the college dormitory.

Talking to journalists after a meeting at the home ministry yesterday morning, IGP Hasan Mahmud Khandker admitted that law enforcers picked up the four Indian nationals in Sylhet. He declined to say which agency detained them.

Asked whether the students were arrested in connection with the bomb blast at New Delhi High Court in September, Home Minister Shahara Khatun declined to comment. She only said it is a sensitive issue and an investigation is underway.

On the other two missing students, the principal said Indian national Wasim attended college last on September 22 and then he went on leave. The college authority filed no general diary in this connection as they could not be sure whether Wasim is actually missing.

A PTI report said Indian authorities claimed that they arrested Wasim near the border between Bangladesh and India. However, Indian dailies quoting Wasim's family members reported that Indian authorities arrested him at New Delhi airport last Wednesday.

The college principal said they filed a general diary with Airport Police Station in connection with Ashrafuzzaman Chowdhury being missing. Ashrafuzzaman is from Bianibazar of Sylhet and he went to college last on Wednesday.

Meanwhile, doctor Rashid Ahmed, assistant registrar of North East Medical College Hospital in South Surma suburb of Sylhet, was released Saturday after plainclothes law enforcers picked him up at his office Thursday afternoon.

He told reporters that some law enforcers took him to an unknown location blindfolded and interrogated him about the New Delhi blast for around 12 hours. He said they were trying to know if the four Indian medical students were involved in the blast.

He said a few foreign nationals also might have quizzed him since they were speaking English and Hindi.

4 Indians freed

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom