What's new

Found! Oldest Known Alien Planet That Might Support Life

I'm inclined to agree with you. I fully believe advanced life does exist somewhere out there. I just think they're so far away, that we might not ever encounter them. Definitely not in this lifetime.
the Amount of distance between us and the other stars or galaxies is depressing because even if achieve the speed of light, the closest stars to us are about 4-8 lights years away and the closest galaxy is about 25,000 light years away. There are about 300 billion stars in our galaxy and about 500 billion galaxies in the universe and Imagine if the multi-verse theory is true :fie:

Aliens exist,but neither can they reach us nor us them.We just insignificant bacteria in the scope of the universe.

It's funny how some refuse to adhere to such a statement when it comes to God. Imagine if I said: "God does exist, we just can't reach him."

I'm sure I'd get a lot of backlash.

It's funny how some refuse to adhere to such a statement when it comes to God. Imagine if I said: "God does exist, we just can't reach him."

I saw a documentary once about Aliens and how life started on earth,etc. So a scientist says that he believes that there is a Massive Alien out there who created life on earth because everything fits in place perfectly for it be Natural selection or evolution in simple words. I started smiling and thought to myself, why can't you just call that Massive Alien 'God' and get it over with. :sarcastic:

It's great all these new planets in the 'goldilocks zone' are being discovered. However, to me, it's just one giant tease.

Yup, same feeling here. We'll probably never know for sure in our lifetimes.

Aliens exist,but neither can they reach us nor us them.We just insignificant bacteria in the scope of the universe.

We'd all like to believe so. Especially if you're an atheist.

Imagine just passing off all of humanity as a statistical anomaly?

God implies to be truly god -a morally superior being..not just a powerful entity.This makes things difficult for science to equate with him...morality is incalculable.Mathematics being the language of science is thus uncomfortable with wider implications of god.

Ur statement is based on faith alone....my statement was based on results of human observations by telescope and other instruments and cold hard math.These distances are in numbers confirmed and beyond our current tech..there is no disputing it.It follows standard scientific procedure of observation and inference.In god's case we don't even know where to look.

We'd all like to believe so. Especially if you're an atheist.

Imagine just passing off all of humanity as a statistical anomaly?

I guess u have a point.But when u see these billions of stars and vastness of space..there is some truth in my statement as well if viewed from a non-emotional pov.No one likes feeling small,especially men.Fortunately we don't have to really deal with this ..we have enough problems to distract us on our own little planet.

God implies to be truly god -a morally superior being..not just a powerful entity.This makes things difficult for science to equate with him...morality is incalculable.Mathematics being the language of science is thus uncomfortable with wider implications of god.

Ur statement is based on faith alone....my statement was based on results of human observations by telescope and other instruments and cold hard math.These distances are in numbers confirmed and beyond our current tech..there is no disputing it.It follows standard scientific procedure of observation and inference.In god's case we don't even know where to look.

Fair enough. Religion does in some ways indicate other existing life out there. So it would be interesting if we do find intelligent life. I find it unlikely though, what makes you so confident?

Look where the dark energy/blackholes are. :D

Fair enough. Religion does in some ways indicate other existing life out there. So it would be interesting if we do find intelligent life. I find it unlikely though, what makes you so confident?

Look where the dark energy/blackholes are. :D

A billion billion planets..u really think we are the only ones to have the necessary conditions?And u accuse america of exceptionalism?:D

A billion billion planets..u really think we are the only ones to have the necessary conditions?And u accuse america of exceptionalism?:D

We very well might be. :D

It's cool though, we'll go back to God eventually. I hope he's easy on us.

If I get condemned to hell I'm dragging all PDF members with me. :lol:

With that theory, we might as well be lunching at one of these planets. Our imagination is a powerful tool. But you could argue that we can actually get to God when we die, but we can never get to these planets.

I wonder if those aliens are not already discussing about us in an online forum like ours.

With that theory, we might as well be lunching at one of these planets. Our imagination is a powerful tool. But you could argue that we can actually get to God when we die, but we can never get to these planets.

Give it another 20-30 years for the Palestinian Space Exploration program to kick in. :coffee:

Naaahh
I strongly believe that even if a planet which can support life was formed 1/2 a million years before earth then inhabitants of that planet would have the technological know how of travelling across solar systems and galaxies.

No, we are not insignificant. Please don't get depressed, be optimistic!!...:tup: At this age I still think we can have a contact with Aliens within my life!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom