What's new

Forum Update 2020|Feedback and Discussion

Do you like the new style/theme of the forum?

• Yes

• No

• Not Sure

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hi Webby, the old PDF (pakistanidefecneforum), Pakdef.org, etc. were good forums, and then someone decided to do an "upgrade". And the rest is history. I am not saying that this is where we are heading but just that we need to move fast to remove any bugs due to the new forum layout. Personally, I really liked the old layout - really iconic., but then that's just me.
Having been on this forum since 2007, trust me, EVERY TIME Webby has done an update to the look, there have been complaints.

Human beings are creatures of habit, and we don't typically like to deal with 'change'.

Eventually, the bugs will get worked out, people will get used to the new layout, and in a little while we'll all move on and rarely think of the old layout.

I think this can be taken care of by displaying latest threads (like latest posts) in forum display area.

sir it would be great if we add a little button and remove all the latest thread postings on homepage. also sir we can minimize current member info bar by placing the rank infornt of member name and little bit resizing of profile picture. also tthe distance between flag is too much. all i want to suggest if we try a single row member info panel intead of two?
@WebMaster

Added latest posts information in the thread side bar.

Hello, I think it is difficult to read posts as well as not be distracted by the latest posts info on the right sidebar. to Also, please consider moving user info back to the prior left sidebar.

Mobile version looks nice now. Really dig it.

I think this can be taken care of by displaying latest threads (like latest posts) in forum display area.

I know being a webbie is a tough job, I don't like the new outlook may be I am being a creature of habit, hopefully it will grow on me later.

I have not tinkered with the code or tried to analyze it I am sure new templates come with new security patches, been bit busy lately however some honest feedback:

Background images are taking time to load thus the browsing on the site has become slower, now before you jump the gun, I know computers may be a bit more and I use a 20Mb line for browsing only for myself.

Foreground color of white and mix is a strain on the eyes, may be if you can darken the color it would be less strenuous. Or may be if possible introduce templates which each user can choose as per their liking.

I know its a management decision however, I work for a corporate a large one, we wanted to change the outlook of our app we did an extensive survey started with 7 templates and brought them down to 3 and eventually through voting selected the top one and we have very few complaints afterwards, may be next time you can consider it.

For members using PC to browse please click the "Button" next to "alerts" bell icon and un-check all with the exception of "Fluid Width" and "Grid Layout" save it and your browsing experience on PC will improve (somewhat)

Last edited:
@WebMaster TBH its look like cheap and very poor quality . can i switch back to old template ????????? this one look like i am on kids forum :undecided::undecided::undecided:
"Mobile Latest" section showing old threads with current date. Needs to be fixed.
Screenshot_20200824-210025.png

I know being a webbie is a tough job, I don't like the new outlook may be I am being a creature of habit, hopefully it will grow on me later.

I have not tinkered with the code or tried to analyze it I am sure new templates come with new security patches, been bit busy lately however some honest feedback:

Background images are taking time to load thus the browsing on the site has become slower, now before you jump the gun, I know computers may be a bit more and I use a 20Mb line for browsing only for myself.

Foreground color of white and mix is a strain on the eyes, may be if you can darken the color it would be less strenuous. Or may be if possible introduce templates which each user can choose as per their liking.

I know its a management decision however, I work for a corporate a large one, we wanted to change the outlook of our app we did an extensive survey started with 7 templates and brought them down to 3 and eventually through voting selected the top one and we have very few complaints afterwards, may be next time you can consider it.

For members using PC to browse please click the "Button" next to "alerts" bell icon and un-check all with the exception of "Fluid Width" and "Grid Layout" save it and your browsing experience on PC will improve (somewhat)

Large coorporations have large teams. Here we use the use and abuse policy to get it just right after pulling a few hairs in a few weeks.

Best way is what some folks have been doing. Paste problems and watch the fixes happen. Its easier and quicker that way.

sir it would be great if we add a little button and remove all the latest thread postings on homepage. also sir we can minimize current member info bar by placing the rank infornt of member name and little bit resizing of profile picture. also tthe distance between flag is too much. all i want to suggest if we try a single row member info panel intead of two?
@WebMaster

here i did a little photoshop, i hope there is also possibblity in coding and style sheets, sharing for your kind consideration

Suggestive Member Info Bar.png

Screenshot_2020-08-24 New posts.jpg

also the page loading is taking more time compare to previous may be its because the full scale images used in background without being optimized for web, just ran a page load time check and found the following

Screenshot_2020-08-24 GTmetrix Performance Report D (62%) E (58%).png

@WebMaster

Please do

changes.png

Something like this basically just a combination of the new layout and old, but still distinct enough to be recognised as Defence.pk rather than another forum. I dont mind the other changes in the forum its just the in-thread view seems to be more generic now.

Also some of the background photos are not high-res and (in my own opinion) clash with the layout too much.

...P.S if its possible can you add a dark mode similair to this:

Not a fan of the change, but I will say it works really well with Dark Reader for Mozilla. Mods please take note and give us a dark mode....

View attachment 663078

View attachment 663658

Something like this basically just a combination of the new layout and old, but still distinct enough to be recognised as Defence.pk rather than another forum. I dont mind the other changes in the forum its just the in-thread view seems to be more generic now.

Also some of the background photos are not high-res and (in my own opinion) clash with the layout too much.

...P.S if its possible can you add a dark mode similair to this:
We can't do vertical anymore. So any suggestion on how making horizontal bar with better view would be helpful.

Having been on this forum since 2007, trust me, EVERY TIME Webby has done an update to the look, there have been complaints.

Human beings are creatures of habit, and we don't typically like to deal with 'change'.

Eventually, the bugs will get worked out, people will get used to the new layout, and in a little while we'll all move on and rarely think of the old layout.
but this time to had ho gai hai . ab aar ya paar hoga 🏴‍☠️ this is update ? jaan ALLAH ko deni hai ye update nhi hai downdate ai

Back
Top Bottom