What's new

Forum Update 2020|Feedback and Discussion

Do you like the new style/theme of the forum?

• Yes

• No

• Not Sure

Results are only viewable after voting.
For desktop,

I liked it better for the User information to be on LEFT (under avatar) like it initially was yesterday.
the left bar information seemed to look better.

Dark green color (behind user info here) is hard on the eyes and not pleasant. If we keep this layout, the color should be light and not dark.

@WebMaster
سستے درزی سے سلائی شیروانی کی مانند لگ رہا ہے فورم

What are the traffic stats?
The new format discourages reading and writing long posts specially if they have media attached.
This would shave off the lazy section of the forum for good and the old people who will most likely get confused by it.
This means more focus on target group of 18 to 28.

Long time lurker here. Few points below
  1. Featured section is missing, the link is there on the main page but its a dead-end. I have used this exclusively over the years for new and active discussions. In the absence of this page, i am feeling like a man lost in desert without a map.
  2. The new style (long dark green 100% width) at the top of every post is very distracting and it takes up a lot of space as well. I have not seen other ideas (if they were there) but reverting to old style (square on left side of post) for "member links" would be appreciated, till you finalise another design.
Thanks for reading

please bring back new threads to the front with each group forum. now you have to click on each group to look for new topics

@WebMaster My suggestion would be to make the user info boxes vertical and to the side of our posts as they had been before ( on desktop) while the horizontal layout of user boxes could be just for phone users.

Another suggestion is to replace the picture backgrounds with a dark green color, similar to what it looked like before. This'll make the website look more decent and original. Like many users have addressed, the picture backgrounds and lighter templates are hurting our eyes, so a nice dark green background would be a nice change.

and Another fun feature you can add would be a dark mode and/or a option to revert back to the previous version of the site (if possible).

Also i think the positive and negative ratings should be exclusive to high profile members.

@WebMaster,
1 Please increase the horizontal grid area. This present web area is already increased from 960 to 1200 px, but it still needs to increase at least 1300px if not 1920 px.
It will increase the writing area to a lot extent. it may be more responsive to high-resolution displays. Presently we see the picture-in-picture type situation due to less grid system selection for the web pages.
2 the shoutbox items begin to dance if we take cursor there, The reason is the use of the double line for lengthy captions. there are 2 solutions in my opinion either to cut short these lengthy captions to a single line. or devote 2 tines for each, or increase grid system to higher nos.
3 the number of lines in the shoutbox are only 16, please double these to get more option to see all that is going on the forum.
4 the option to bookmark the contents of ones interest is also missing. please add it,
5 I am checking the new theme, some old areas are still not properly linked, on the clink it does not take to that contents.
6 A lot of new options are there for sharing, these are good to have.

also remove my -ve rating, a must. +ve ratings, I don't mind. ;)

Back
Top Bottom