What's new

Fortress India

All the NE India and WB in particular has a backward economy compared to bangladesh...
Come out of your dilution...of heaven like life in the dirt poor India.

Per Capita GDP in Bangladesh (by best measures): US$ 638

List of countries by GDP (nominal) per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Per Capita GDP of Indian NE States:

Assam: 574
Arunachal Pradesh: 1090
Mizoram: 971
Tripura: 756
Meghalaya: 899
Manipur: 602
Nagaland: 453

List of Indian states by GDP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

4 out of 7 Indian NE states are better off than B'desh.

Per Capita GDP of West Bengal: US$ 876

Again, MUCH better than B'desh.

Get your facts straight

i wish Pakistan would build a 1,000 foot high and 1,000 foot thick wall on its border with india. that would be lovely. :)

Border fencing is a welcome sign, hope it gets completed and countries treat each other as separate and international rules of travelling applies.

i wish Pakistan would build a 1,000 foot high and 1,000 foot thick wall on its border with india. that would be lovely. :)

Absloutely. India already started building fence along Pakistan border. Good for both the countries. By the way, No one in India or even Pakistan don't want to go to each other country because of very bad relation. I hope same thing happens with India-BD too. :tup:

Good news.

Bangla border fence likely to be over by ’12
R Dutta Choudhury

GUWAHATI, June 27 – The Government of India is trying to settle all the border disputes with Bangladesh by September this year so that the entire international border can be fenced by the end of the year 2012.

This was disclosed by the Union Home Secretary, GK Pillai.

Talking to The Assam Tribune, Pillai said that the current level of cooperation between India and Bangladesh is very encouraging and the Government of Bangladesh has already played a major role by evicting the camps of the ultras and nabbing the leaders of the militant outfits. He said that joint survey to settle the problems like border disputes and adverse possessions is on and these issues are likely to be resolved during the proposed visit of Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh to Dhaka in September.

The Home Secretary said that the pace of construction of fencing along the border with Bangladesh has been increased and after the disputes are resolved, the Government is planning to complete the task by the end of the year 2012. He said that though the fencing is put up 150 yards behind the zero line, in some patches, the Government of India has been able to persuade the Government of the neighbouring country to put up the fencing right on the zero line. The concerned state governments have also given necessary clearance for the construction of border roads and fencing and the Government of Meghalaya did it only recently. He admitted that it is not possible to put up physical barriers on the riverine international border and that is why patrolling by the personnel of the Border Security Force (BSF) has been intensified and more boats have been provided to the border guarding force.

Pillai admitted that the slow progress of implementation of the Assam Accord was unfortunate and there is need for accelerating the pace of updating the National Register of Citizens (NRC) and protection of the rights of the indigenous people. He said that the recent reports on population growth proved that the rate of infiltration of foreigners to Assam has slowed down. But there are reasons to doubt that the infiltrators have fanned out to other parts of India instead of staying in Assam, he admitted.

On implementation of clause 6 of the Assam Accord, which provides for constitutional protection of the indigenous people of Assam, Pillai said that such a demand is likely to be incorporated in the charter of demands to be placed by the ULFA before the Government. If that happens, the issue will come up for serious discussion once again.

The Union Home Secretary expressed the view that putting up of physical barriers on the international border is not a permanent solution to the problem of infiltration and India cannot totally cut off all its neighbours. He pointed out that economic development of Bangladesh would prevent infiltration by a great extent as "no one likes to leave his or her own house permanently."

Pillai pointed out that bilateral trade between India and Bangladesh would not only help the neighbouring country, but it would also be beneficial for the North East and the transportation bottleneck of the region would be removed. He said that movement of different materials to Tripura through Bangladesh has already started and in the long run, the entire NE region would be benefited from transit of goods through Bangladesh. The Government of India is also planning to introduce Guwahati-Dhaka bus and air services within the next couple of years if everything goes according to plan, he added

The Assam Tribune Online

Haters gonna hate!... But Who Cares !:what:

Then you should explain your people who are opposing Fencing and justifying what happened. :tup:

No one opposed the fence, everyone is
quite happy about that. One is
protesting and the reason is valid.
Don't twist your logic.

The illegal hoax is rubbish as statistics says.
And the fence looks almost like defense structures with
heavy armaments, so security concern is quite
logical. Its not a redundant opinion.

Now since you said. Let face the reply. No one is talking about Religion. Talking about religion shows only immaturity and nothing else. I don't think anyone said about Religion. So, Keep religion aside from this topic.

I already said 20 Million is the figure which comes from some sources. But Obviously, it's not accurate. Real Number could be anything. It will come by next year. So, have some patience.

Now you raised Economic condition which is again off-topic. BD will be last country to talk about Indian Economy as difference between India and BD is 20 Times as per international Data. Kolkatta is 4 time better than your Dacca and Delhi is 4 time better than Kolkatta and Mumbai is better than Delhi. Hence, It gives Glimpse of Economy and Location.

I have a few questions for you, sir.

- Shouldn't a country about 22 times as large as BD's size have an economy 22 times as large as BD's economy to maintain the same living standard? By saying "difference in economy ... 20 times as large", are you implying India has a lower living standard? You really got me thinking.

- How do you intelligent fellas determine "City X is Y times better than city Z"? The 4x factor sounds intriguing. Is it the amount of garbage lying in the streets of Kolkata/Delhi/mumbai, the number of hobos in your cities or simply an act of "talking purely out of a$$, because I hate you sami!"

I give you a chance to prove your intelligence and make your countrymen proud!

- Shouldn't a country about 22 times as large as BD's size have an economy 22 times as large as BD's economy to maintain the same living standard? By saying "difference in economy ... 20 times as large", are you implying India has a lower living standard? You really got me thinking.

- How do you intelligent fellas determine "City X is Y times better than city Z"? The 4x factor sounds intriguing. Is it the amount of garbage lying in the streets of Kolkata/Delhi/mumbai, the number of hobos in your cities or simply an act of "talking purely out of a$$, because I hate you sami!"

India population is 7 times of Bangladesh and GDP 20 Times. Population wise difference is 4 times which is very huge as per Population/Area. Size is 22 Times but Size is never the criteria. Otherwise Russia is one of the poorest country and Israel is most richest country.

Kolkatta is better than Dacca as per current Infrastructure. Some Big Politicians of your said that recently. GDP wise check it. Delhi is much better than Kolkatta and so Mumbai in order. It's in that way. Check Various economical indicators to compare. Most of the North-East states are ahead than Bangladesh. Forget about South/West/North India. Mumbai GDP is more than whole Bangladesh. I hope you know that. Anyway, my point is not about economy. I am least bothered about BD ecnomy and you should also not think of Indian Economy. I hope BD economy reaches new High. I don't have any such issue with that. My only opinion is India-BD relation should not be compromised on Illegal immigrations and all cross border should be stopped and those who living in India illegally should be sent back.

Bangladesh population:162m
India population:1.2b

India is seven times larger...not 22 times

Economy:
Bangladesh GDP:115 bilion
India GDP :1.5 trillion

India is 13 times bigger..size of a country is not determined by its land are but its population

India GDP is at 1.7 Trillion $ and By Q3-4FY11 it would be 2 Trillion $ (not projected)

GDP and fence, next topic please.
Why not start by contributing to military related threads.

Fortress India - By Scott Carney, Jason Miklian, and Kristian Hoelscher | Foreign Policy[/url]

Munshi ji, you say the fence is to stop some bangladeshis from creating trouble in India in case India goes to war with china. However when you consider the transit facilities being negotiated between bangladesh and india, wont it be much simpler for the said bangladeshis to trouble those transit facilities instead of crossing an international border to create trouble for india?

so india is fencing to stop some bangladeshis from creating trouble and at the same time giving them richer and easier targets?

Secondly how is it in bangladesh's favor in any way to side with china in event of a war between india and china in which it wont be a party. doesnt this assumption that bangladeshis will try to create trouble for india during a time of war clearly show a bias and possibly hatred against india?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom