What's new

Fortress India

@ No ! I never heard their names. Now, better teach us "Mahabarat" through these discussion. Actually, in the true sense we hardly study all these "Mahabarat" or "Ramayan". We just heard it. Sometimes people give example from these holy books that's all. I learnt little bit once I was stuying Hindu Law while studying Law in the university. Some time people make fun with the "Shib Lingo" and hear lot of funy stories of "Sib Lingo", something like the pieces of "Shib Lingo" scattered all around Bengal. Will you please tell the story ????

This is not the forum to educated oneself on any religion.

Remain blissfully ignorant since Ignorance is bliss.

For that my friend there are somethings called Google & Wikipedia. A person of your intelligence can surely use it without much problem.

Also its Shivling not Shib Lingo.

PS: Don't take me for a fool not to understand the embedded sarcasm in your post. You don't have to love other people's religion but respect their beliefs.Afterall Hindus form nearly 10% of your population.

That is Bengali pronunciation!

I would have been surprised if India had no weapon system named Trishul, it just seems natural given the religion of the majority.

Our Mi 35 attack helicopters are named Akbar because Akbar's name appears in Vedas.

It has nothing to do with our history and culture!

*end of sarcasm!

What seems natural to you, may not to us, thats why we are separate countries now!

Sorry buddy, my post went way over your pay scale. Let me chew it down for you,

I would say the above two reasons can be the reasons behind to name something of importance.

While Brahmo Samajism is a very worthy reformist movement, the numbers of its adherents are not in any significant numbers. And therefore would hardly be considered to be "important". The Brahmo Samaj was at its peak of activity and importance in the period of British Rule in India. Not any more.

BTW, the Tagore family was one of the active initiators and proponents of the Brahmo Samaj in its heydays.

Bnag on.

V is a speciality of Bangaldeshis.

Like Valo.

It is Bhalo out in WB.

Our Mi 35 attack helicopters are named Akbar because Akbar's name appears in Vedas.

It has nothing to do with our history and culture!

*end of sarcasm!

What seems natural to you, may not to us, thats why we are separate countries now!

I am drawing the conclusion that any reasonable person would. Why didn't they name it anything else ? They could call that thing a spear, an arrow, or any other suitable name, yet they decided on 'Trishul'. Coincidence, I don't think so.

Three pronged!

Maybe it could have been named Needle to please many, what?

I am drawing the conclusion that any reasonable person would. Why didn't they name it anything else ? They could call that thing a spear, an arrow, or any other suitable name, yet they decided on 'Trishul'. Coincidence, I don't think so.

The sword, spear, chakra, bow,arrow, chariots are also mentioned in our Puranas. So by that logic we should not even use that to name our missiles.

Trishul (Trident) has universal significance. Ever heard of US Trident Missile, HMS Trident,USS Trident, UK Trident programme. Pls don't tell us that they all get that from our Puranas.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/silvery/143053448/

This Google map satellite pic of a swastika-shaped building on a US Navy base in Coronado, California, has been making its rounds on the internet.

According to some sources, the building is part of the training facilities for Navy Seals, and is perhaps their barracks. It's nicknamed "The Seals Lair".

Imagine that!

Using the Swastika!

Also see this

Now, can you explain that given your diatribe over the names of various military systems of India?

Last edited by a moderator:
^Thats just an accommodation of 4 L-shaped clusters.
You get an optimum combination of privacy and openness
with better solar performance and cross-ventilation......:alcoholic:

Trishul has just too many references in the Hindu pooran to ignore. It has been depicted as a weapon of choice of different Hindu Gods,

You are right on the brahmos.

Joint Venture - BrahMos.com

the trident was also the weapon of choice for poseidon a greek god. and was a common weapon for gladiators too. are you choosing to ignore those too? it was just another of the weapons associated with gods. its just that the trident was never a common weapon for armies. else the muslim armies would have used it too and then you wont be here claiming it is a hindu weapon.

frankly there wasnt a big variety of weapons in the ancient times. everything fell into the category of swords spears maces and bows

Lets see, we have
Talwar class ships for the navy
Dhanush Missile for the navy again

maybe we will name something "bhala" or "teer" or "baan" at some time lol

Back
Top Bottom